Categories > Movies > Labyrinth > One Last Wish

Explanations

by WhispersOfStarlight 0 reviews

Anna tells Jareth the truth about her wish.

Category: Labyrinth - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2011-12-06 - Updated: 2011-12-07 - 569 words

0Unrated
He recoiled away from the poster and his eyes filled with such a deep sadness as he moved to sit back beside her bed, but he quickly moved to hide it, lest the girl figured it out.

Anna noticed his reaction to the poster, how he ever so gently touched his fingers to her features and put two and two together. I am a very smart girl after all.

"You know her don't you?"

His eyes widened, "How…what…I-" at a loss for words he could only look at her, his mouth agape. Pain and loss filled him as he closed his mouth and placed his head in his hands.

"You do! Sarah ran the labyrinth herself and that's why she played the part so perfectly." Anna thought out loud, then added as an afterthought, "That's why she was crying."

His head shot up, "Crying? Why would she be crying? She is the one who said the words, not me!" He was standing by now, hands clenched tightly, heaving in lungfuls of air to calm his nerves. No sense in getting angry at the girl, it's not her fault. She's not the one who made me like this. Damn headstrong wench.

"It was at the end of the play where she says the words, she looked so sad, so torn. This is why…why I-" Anna words dissolved in a fit of coughing and hacking. Her hands came away stained with specks of blood.

Jareth made his way to the little girl, concerned for her health. He picked her up and sat down, placing her in his lap, and rocked her back and forth. His lips were moving and words were coming from his mouth, but he couldn't even make them out, so great was his concern for the girl.

He did not even notice he was crying until a small delicate hand wiped the tears from his cheeks. He looked down at her, sorrow etching his features.

"You love her, don't you?" She asked so softly.

He shook his head, "Yes, with every fiber that makes up my being. Without her, I would be nothing, I am nothing. Why did she reject me!"

"She thought it was just another trick of yours to keep her from getting her brother back. It was probably no different from the book. She had wanted to stay, but she had to make sure her brother was safe and to do that she had to give up her dreams, she had to give up you."

Why does fate have to be cruel to such a wunderkind? I wonder…"What is your name little one?"

"Ohh! How rude of me! My name is Anna Elizabeth Wolfe."

"Well, Miss Wolfe. How would you like to come away from here and live in my castle?"

"It is a nice thought, your majesty, but I can't."

Shock filled him. "Why not? You would be well cared for, and you would have everything you wanted." He argued. I am not going to let this little girl fade away into dust.

"I don't have much time left. Find her, find Sarah and talk to her. You have to before its too late, then she will never know how you feel. That's why I made that wish. I want to change the story, you and Sarah both deserve happiness and for that to happen, you two need to talk."
Sign up to rate and review this story