Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Old Greek Coffee and a Room

Eyeing the Girl with the Slice of Pizza

by OverRated 1 review

Violet moves in and shares a box of pizza with Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-01-03 - Updated: 2012-01-04 - 967 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three : Eyeing the Girl with the Slice of Pizza

Someone on the other end picked up the phone.
" Hello "
" Hey mum, its Violet "
" Oh Violet, its you ! Hows everything ? We miss you, is everything alright ? "
The day I left home, my mother made me promise to the end of the world and back that I would call at the end of every week and tell her what Ive been up to. So far, Ive kept my promise.
" No mum, everythings fine. Great even "
" Oh, thats wonderful news Violet "
" Yeah, Ive even found my own place now. Im sharing a apartment with a flatmate. Its all good now " I added.
" Do you think its safe to be living in a apartment with someone you hardly know ? I mean anything can go wrong "
" Mum, everythings perfectly fine. Besides his a college student so Im not going to see him much "
" Him ? " " Yeah, Gerard "
" Oh ", that was all my mum said these days.
" Ive got to go now. I have to finish unpacking and go to work soon "
" You know honey, your free to come home if you want. Your father and I would love that. Maybe you should come home for the better, we can keep an eye on you and yo- "
" No " I cut her off. " Mum, Im happy here. I love you but I need to do this. Bye mum "
My mum sounded defeated. " Ok Violet "
And with that I put down the reciever and continued unpacking, thinking nothing of the earlier conversation.

After I got my own key, I went straight to my temporary housing and gathered my belongings. They werent much. One suitcase full of my clothes and a bag with my tolietries. I hardly have any makeup. An eyeliner was the most Ive owned. I hailed a taxi and went to my apartment. While walking down the street, people kept glancing at me. Maybe they thought I was headed to the airport to be wisked away on a holiday. Or it could be the fact I had a big goofy grin on my face. Either way I didnt care.

I neatly folded my clothes and packed them away in the wooden closet. It felt good, as the past few months I had been living out of my suitcase. I put away my tolietries in one of the dressers drawers. The rest remained epmty and sad. My sole eyeliner pencil lay still ontop of the dresser. Fresh linen hugged the bed. I was done. Looking at the time, it was 1:33. I have work in half an hour. I took out my plain black shirt and wore it with the black skinnys I already had on. Brushing a hand through my hair, I decided to put it in a bun, knowing by the end of my shift, strands of hair will be flying everywhere. I grabbed my apron and bag and headed out. Making a stop at the kitchen before to grab an apple from the fruit basket tbat felt so out of place in a college students apartment. I locked the door with my shiney silver key and began my walk to the coffee shop.

Work in the coffee shop went by like any other day. Students came in clusters carrying books, ordering the strongest coffees to keep them awake. Mothers with prams and toddlers entered the shop, buying something sweet to offer their kids in exchange for a minutes silence. And then there was Magda. Sitting in the closest chair to the counter, reading her infamous Greek newspaper. Casually muttering profanities at the downfall of the Greek economy.
It wasnt my turn to close up today, so I was done by 7. I made myself a hot chocolate, took out a coin making the jukebox come alive. Selecting an Elvis song, I sat down at the table closest to the music. Sipping on my drink, letting the sweet lyrics fill my head.
Saying my final goodbyes to Magda, I was on mh way home.

I came home to find Gerard flopped on the couch surrounded by paper, watching some cartoon show. The minute he saw me he stood up, like he was expecting me.
" Hey Violet "
" Whats up, Gerard ? "
" Nothing, I made dinner, well I mean bought dinner since I cant cook or anything " He said innocently.
I followed him to the kitchen to find box of pizza on the table.
I was quite hungry, seeing as the only solid food I had today was an apple. I sat down, taking a slice while he bought two cans of coke from the fridge. He sat opposite me , mirroring my action.
" So, umm, what are you doing in college ?"
I knew it had something to do with drawing. The paper and pencils were a huge give away. I just needed something to break the ice.
" Im majoring in art, hoping for a break in the comic book industry "
" A comic book artist. Nice "
" Yeah. What about you ? "
" Im actually not in college at the monent. I only have a job at the coffee shop "
" Why not ? "
" Cause I dont know what I want to do. Im at a crossroad in my life. So I thought why not sieze the freedom " I said, sipping my coke.
Gerard just sat there, staring at me while taking bites of his pizza. For some strange reason the universe has conjured up, I was attracted to him. Mezmorised.
I suddenly got up, shaking the feeling. I emptied the rest of my cans content down the sink.
" Thanks for the pizza Gerard "
" No problem. Goodnight " His eyes followed me.
" Night "
I left him sitting at the kitchen table eating pizza and sipping coke.

Dear Readers. I hope you are enjoying this story. Please RATE and REVIEW and give me feedback.

E
Sign up to rate and review this story