Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What Is Love?

20- Stalker

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

My breath caught as Spencer's words washed over me.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-02-03 - Updated: 2012-02-03 - 2847 words - Complete

1Exciting
"Shit! Wake up Brendon. I'm late. Fuck. Shit. Damn it." I got out of Brendon's comfortable bed, rushing to his bathroom to ensure that my hair didn't look an absolute mess. Thankfully in the coffee shop that I worked at we were allowed to dress casually. We simply threw an apron on when we got to work. That would limit my stress as I attempted to make it to work.

Brendon groaned and got out of bed, pulling jeans on since he had decided against putting clothing on all day while we hung out. I had taken the more modest approach and dressed myself upon waking earlier. My fingers quickly dialed my work number and I held my cell phone to my ear as I tried to make myself look a little less flustered.

As soon as the words left my mouth I couldn't even remember what I had said to my manager, only that I had managed to tell him that I would be late since I already was. Thankfully I was semi-close with Jeff. He was a great guy, rarely got mad... perfect employer actually.

I walked out of Brendon's place without him before realizing I had left him in his kitchen. I went storming back in, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him outside with me as he grabbed his keys from his pocket. "Whoa, you're in a rush." He stated, completely calm with the situation.

"I don't like being late for work." I grumbled, realizing that I took my job very seriously. Probably even more seriously than my manager did.

Twenty minutes later and Brendon pulled up to the coffee shop that I worked at. He jumped out before me and stood in front of the open passenger's side door, staring at me. "I'm not letting you go inside until you smile." He said, fake glaring at me.

That was enough to make me smile. I wasn't used to having friends. It was nice. Brendon smiled back and stepped away, "See, was that so hard? Now, coffee!" he screamed, childishly.

As I walked inside I was completely surprised to see Spencer sitting at a table with a coffee in front of him, looking disheveled. I stopped in place, causing Brendon to knock me to the ground as he ran in to me. Spencer jumped up, noticing us as Brendon tripped in an attempt to help me back up. "... you guys are still hanging out?" Spencer's first question kind of annoyed me.

"Hello to you too." I replied sourly, as I gathered myself from the ground and offered my hand to Brendon.

Brendon stood as well. I took a look at each of them, not even sure as to how Spencer knew I worked at the coffee shop... if that's why he was even here. I didn't want to completely assume but I had never before seen him around. "I have to get to work. You guys have fun. Thanks for the ride Brendon! Nice shirt Spencer!" I quickly stated, rushing behind the counter where Jeff stood with a smirk on his face. It was then that I realized Spencer was wearing a white t-shirt... I had just complimented him on a shirt with no image and the blandest color available.

"Damn girl. You just physically ran in to one hottie while gaining another hotties attention. You're on fire today." Oh, did I mention Jeff was gay?

His comment made me laugh as I shook my head, "They are friends." I quickly stated, despite the fact that I wanted more with one of them.

I watched as Spencer and Brendon walked back to a table together. I took a second to pull on an apron, completely uncomfortable as I realized both boys were staring at me shamelessly.





Thirty minutes in to my shift and I had everything cleaned and a new pot of coffee brewing. There had been a few customers but they mainly came to see Brendon and Spencer. Some girls gawked. Other's attempted to flirt. One fainted.

Just as I was about to walk out from behind the counter and start wiping counters down again a new customer walked through the door, sending a dazzling smile my way. I nervously searched around to find that I was the only girl in the room and his eyes were definitely glued to me. Why was I suddenly 'it'? I'd never even attracted men before, to my knowledge anyway.

"Hello." The man said, stealing the words from my mouth. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. How are you?" I responded, nervously wiping off the counter between us.

"I'm pretty good. Craving some coffee." He admitted, looking up at the menu. "What's really good here?"

I bit my lip and looked up at the menu as well, despite having everything from it memorized. "Vanilla iced coffee is really simple yet really delicious. I'm not much for hot coffee so in terms of hot... the best thing we have is hot chocolate."

"I'd say in terms of hot... the best thing this place has is you." Was that him flirting with me?

"Uh yeah, well the temperature is fairly decent in here... I'm only hot because of the machines over here. They are quite steamy." I nervously responded, my voice catching in my throat.

The guy laughed, extending his hand. "My name is Damien."

I smiled shyly before shaking his hand. "I'm Kade."

"I know." Damien said, grinning.

"W-what?" Oh god, I'm an idiot. "Oh yeah, nametag." I instantly mumbled, realizing I had one stuck to my apron.

Damien laughed again but shook his head. "That and I come in here every day of the week just hoping to see your beautiful smile." Whoa, what?

I nervously fidgeted with my register, not knowing what to say. People didn't generally shamelessly flirt with me. I had evidently fallen in to an alternate universe in which people found girl's like me attractive. How would I find my way back home?

Damien cleared his throat and gestured behind him, where Spencer and Brendon sat. "I actually came in just to let you know that those two are staring at you." He whispered.

... He would have had to have been staring at me to know that. "Oh." Was all I whispered, still in shock.

Damien laughed. "I love your face." Who says that? Come on... Say something.

I nervously cleared my throat and blurted out, "W-would you like to try our iced coffee?"

Damien smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I would." He reached in to his pocket and pulled out ten dollars, handing it to me.

I grabbed the ten and quickly gave him back his change. Once I turned away to start making his coffee I let out a deep breath and tried to calm myself. He was creeping me out. I felt as if I shouldn't be so creeped out but... I didn't like the attention he was giving me. I didn't want it.

It didn't take me long to make his iced coffee but I took a few extra seconds to calm myself before turning around to hand it to him. Before he took the coffee he stared me straight in the eyes and slowly whispered, "I'm gonna make you scream my name Kade, just you wait." What the hell did he mean by that?

My hand shook so violently that I spilled his iced coffee all over the counter, some of it bouncing up and getting him mildly wet. The clatter of the ice on the counter gained Brendon, Spencer, and Jeff's attention. Jeff had been out cleaning the lobby but he quickly headed to the counter. Spencer was the first one to reach the counter, Brendon right behind him. "Is there a problem here?" Spencer asked.

Damien smiled and shrugged, "Keep the change Kade." He muttered, leaning over and placing the change I had given him earlier on to a dry spot of the counter.



"Kade, go on break." Jeff said, looking concerned.

I just nodded, the sound of Damien walking out of the coffee shop stuck in my head. Why had his words scared me so much? My hands were shaking. Would that be considered normal? Was that normal flirting?

I ignored Brendon and Spencer's questions as I walked right past them and out the door. I needed to be alone. I needed to breath. The air inside of the coffee shop suddenly seemed stale, leaving a disgusting taste inside of my mouth.

Unfortunately Spencer and Brendon thought it would be a good idea to follow me outside. How could I kindly tell them to leave me alone?

Brendon seemed to get it. He took one look at me and walked off, telling Spencer he'd be inside. Spencer just nodded, staring at me. He looked so concerned. He was such a nice person. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I never wanted to hurt him.

What had just happened? I was more upset about being upset over the words but they... scared me. I was more sensitive than I ever knew.

Spencer reached out. To wrap me in a hug, to gently touch me, to comfort me? I wouldn't know. I pulled away, letting out a screech. "Don't touch me." My voice sounded unfamiliar. It didn't sound like me. I didn't feel like me.

"Kade, did you know that guy?" Spencer whispered.

I shook my head, looking away from him. "No."

"What did he say then?" Spencer inquired.

"Nothing." I mumbled, feeling the warm wet tears sliding down my cheeks, notifying me that I was now crying.

"Then why are you so upset?" Spencer whispered, brushing his fingers against my cheek to wipe some tears away.

"I don't know." I lied. It was a partial lie. The words had scared me but I didn't want to repeat them for fear that I was being over dramatic. I didn't want to turn nothing in to something.

"That's a lie." Spencer called me on it.

"What does it matter?" I asked, suddenly feeling angry. The anger was directed incorrectly towards Spencer. "What does it matter to you?"

"You matter to me." Spencer whispered, his eyes staring in to mine. "So everything you feel matters to me. If someone says something that hurts you, or scares you... that matters to me."

My breath caught as Spencer's words washed over me. They were beautiful. His feelings were beautiful... and they were for me. I stepped closer, anything but Spencer wiped from my mind. When our lips collided everything felt better, just for a brief moment. That brief moment meant the world to me though. Suddenly... instantly... we created something beautiful together.

I was pulling away when Spencer gently guided my lips back to his, pressing harder. I didn't object, sinking in to the kiss with everything I had. Spencer's soft tongue brushed against the bottom of my lip and I moaned in to his mouth, finding that the simplest thing could become magical when it was with Spencer.

Finally we both pulled away, slightly breathless. Spencer had a huge smile on his face that I could only mirror. "Now that was unexpected." Spencer mumbled. "Though very pleasant." He quickly added.

I laughed, "I've been wanting to do that for awhile now." I admitted.

"Really?" Spencer asked, sounding shocked.

"Really. You're the sweetest guy I've ever met Spencer." With that I realized I was starting to sound cliche so I stopped myself from continuing. "I, uh, should go back to work now..."

Spencer nodded, a smile still plastered over his face. We walked back in to the coffee shop together and I went behind the counter while Spencer went to the table Brendon was at, looking completely enamored.

Jeff laughed, "Someone made you very very happy." He teased before turning his tone more serious, "What happened with that guy Kade?"

"He... scared me." I finally admitted, quickly adding. "I'm sure it was nothing other than me overreacting though."

"Let me be the judge of that. What'd he say Kade?" Jeff asked, staring at me intently.

"No." I shook my head, speaking firmly. "I really don't want to cause problems. I'm sorry for making a mess Jeff but I just don't want to talk about it."

Jeff sighed and nodded, "Just tell me next time someone bugs you, okay?"

"Okay." I whispered, noticing that Spencer and Brendon were approaching the counter. Thankfully that stopped the awkward conversation.

"Haven't you guys had your fill of coffee today?" I asked, seeing as how they had been sitting in the coffee shop, getting coffee, for over four hours now.

Brendon's eyes widened, "There is a max on daily coffee intake? I think not!" He declared.

I laughed and shook my head, "Fine, what would you like then?"

Spencer groaned, "I'm not watching you tonight."

Brendon pouted, "Kade?"

Spencer spoke up. "She has a date with me tonight."

Brendon nodded and seemed to think for a second about something before pulling out his cell phone and handing it to me. "You have to tell Jon that he is watching me tonight."

Jeff started laughing and stepped up to the register, "How about I help you two in the meantime?" He sent a provocative look towards Brendon which made me laugh harder in to the reciever just as Jon picked up.

"Damn Brendon. You sound like a fucking girl." Jon stated.

I laughed again, "This is Kade."

"Oh, makes more sense. He still sounds like a girl though. What's up?"

"Whatcha doing tonight?" I asked casually as Brendon shot me a thumbs up.

"Not really anything." Jon replied.

"Perfect! So, you're down to watch Brendon then?"

"Fuck." Jon breathed out. "Fine. Tell him to come over at 6." Jon said, sounding as if he had been trapped in to babysitting a small child.

"Will do. Thanks." I hung up and handed Brendon his phone. "Be there at 6." I told him.

Brendon nodded, looking extremely excited. He made his excitement clear as he started jumping up and down. Then Jeff set his coffee in front of him and Brendon slurped it up quickly, nearly burning himself.

"You know Brendon..." Jeff began.

"I don't think he's gay. Are you?" I cut Jeff off finding myself quite curious.

Jeff smiled and winked at Brendon.

Brendon stared at Jeff before smiling sweetly. "If I'm gay do I get free coffee?" He asked, winking back at Jeff.

Jeff grinned, "All you can drink."

"Watch that promise. He can drink this whole place under." Spencer warned, looking extremely amused.

Brendon shrugged, "I'm a horny guy. Gay and straight are just ways to limit my sexual experiences." He seemed annoyed with this. Then he brightly smiled, "Sex for all!" And with that went running out of the coffee shop.

Spencer and Jeff burst out in laughter. Spencer finally stopped laughing, "What time are you off?"

"In three hours." I replied after glancing at the clock. My shift was going by fast today.

"I'll be back then." Spencer replied, waving at me as he exited the coffee shop.

Jeff sighed dramatically, "Those boys are sexy."

I laughed at the comment, knowing just how true it was. They were both drool worthy. "I'm taking the trash out. You got counter?"

Jeff nodded, staring at the door with a fan crazed look plastered to his face.

I grabbed two trash bags and kicked open the back door, going out to toss the trash. I didn't really have much to do since the day had been fairly slow.

I thought one of the bags was slipping as I found it pulling downward but then I looked to see Damien was holding the bag for me. I let go and shrieked quietly, annoyed with the noise I had made. "Oh, hi..." I muttered, trying to play it cool. After all... he hadn't really 'done' anything wrong.

Damien grinned, "Hey beautiful."

"Here, I can carry the trash... It's my job." I said, holding my hand out.

Instead Damien leaned closer. "Kiss me for it." He teased.

"I have a boyfriend." I lied, since Spencer wasn't technically my boyfriend. It didn't sound right to mix the taste of Spencer with this stranger though. I didn't want to.

"Is it that pretty boy?" Damien rolled his eyes, looking slightly aggressive.

I figured he meant Brendon but I didn't say that. Spencer wasn't really pretty... he was flat out sexy, in a manly way. "I don't know who you're talking about."

Damien nodded and started walking, causing me to walk with him as he walked me to the trash cans. "Thank you." I said as he tossed both trash bags in.

"I'll be around. Just let me know when pretty boy breaks your heart." Damien stated, walking off.

I was confused. Had I led the guy on? He seemed bummed that I was 'in a relationship', which didn't actually exist... but I didn't know him. I didn't appreciate his advances. Yet I still cared about hurting his feelings. I just couldn't force myself not to. Poor creepy guy.





***
Sign up to rate and review this story