Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In A Hail Of Bullets

Triggers - Chapter 4

by SummerShock 2 reviews

The future is undecided. Tomorrow isn't promised. And I swear I wont be scared anymore.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-04-08 - Updated: 2012-04-08 - 880 words

0Unrated
A/N. So what did you think of my cliff hanger? Yeah :) Carry on my lovelies. Also, a big thankyou to KeepItUgly34 for the encouraging reviews :) You have her to thank/blame (how ever you see this story) for this one ;)
~Hann.
Chapter 4. Triggers.

The rest of the afternoon was spent painting and kissing and holding hands.

“Theres something I want to show you, again.” He took my hand and led me to the back of the diner. There was a ladder, which led onto a balcony. Set up, was a candle lit dinner of what I was told was Franks 'Power Pup Surprise' which was really just turned out to be Power Pup with tomato sauce.

Power Pup, I discovered, was a tasteless, moosh from a can that we stole as a staple from Better Living Industries.

“This is terrible” I giggled, Waving a Power Pup covered spoon.

“You make it edible, I assure you. Grace begged for you to take over the cooking duties. You used to do it well” He promised.

I discovered I had a fear of spiders and heights, one after another when a giant desert spider came speeding towards me and Gerard had to coax me off the roof with promises of catching me. After landing safely in his arms as promised, we continued back into our room.

“Shit. That late already? I need to tuck Grace into bed” He sighed.

“You're such a mother” I giggled.

“You get ready for bed too” he scolded, turning on his heel and closing the door.

I undressed quickly, changing into comfortable pajamas and climbing into our bed, sprawling sparsely over both sides on my back like a star fish.

I caught sight of the roof and gasped. It was beautiful, painted like the night sky. Little clusters of stars and moons and galaxies seemed to shine through the entire ceiling, which were infact simply painted by a careful hand.

A sharp pain in my head and a blinding light.
“Whats the Imogen? You want to go home? You dont want to talk? What about Ruby? Would she change this?” The man sneered. There she was, my Ruby, My god mother. She had been gagged with some cloth tied across her mouth and she was crying.
/]
[/Her long hair was matted and she had bruises. “If you tell us their plans, She'll go unharmed and we can let you be with her here.”

/]
[/I clenched my eyes closed, willing for Gerard to bust in and save us.

/]
[/“please, Let her go” I wailed. “She's not even part of this. She's innocent. I'm the one with the bloody hands. Punish me”

/]
[/Tears streamed down my dirty face and I caught Korse's eye. “That can be arranged” He grinned. He nodded his head and a knife was plunged into Ruby's heart. I screamed as she fell to the ground, a finishing shot of a ray gun cast to her head. At about the same time her heart was penetrated, Mine broke.


I registered to being shaken awake. I lashed out, grabbing the throat of my attacker. Not an attacker. Gerard looked into my eyes. I released my grip on his neck and he wiped the tears from my face.

“Memories?” He asked. “Ruby's dead” I whispered. “He killed her. That bastard made me watch her die” I broke into a fresh wave of tears.

Gerard pulled my head into his chest, soothing me gently. “I dont know what I can say to fix this. I dont know what to do to make you better. I don't know how it feels. But you know I love you. You know I won't ever let them get another chance at that, and I would sooner die than let it happen” He laced his hand in mine and stroked my hair with the other as I cried into his chest.

He lifted me gently and placed me under the covers of the bed. He got up, heading towards the door.

“No! Don't leave me.” I sobbed. “Don't leave me”

“Hey, Hey. I'm just closing the door and getting the light.” He soothed.

He climbed into bed next to me fully clothed, wrapping a careful arm around me. I buried my head in his warm chest and he stroked my hair again and sang softly in my ear.

“well this could be the last of all the rides we take” he sang slowly.
“So hold on tight and don't look back. We don't care about the messages or the rules they make. I'll find you when the sun goes black”

“You never told me you could sing” I hiccuped.

“You never asked”

“You're amazing” I praised.

“But not nearly as good as you” he whispered.

He kissed me on the forehead and continued to hum the melody into my ear.

That night there was no nightmares. There wasn't much anything I suppose. No thoughts, No theories. No Dreams, No memories. Just cuddling the man who loved me.

The future is undecided. Tomorrow isn't promised. And I swear I wont be scared anymore.

*]
[*Twas only a short chapter, but I like it this way and I can't bring myself to modify it any further :) I promise another update sooon. Read and Rate, please? Xoxo

~SummerShock
Sign up to rate and review this story