Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Abandoned Souls and Buildings

Running Away

by Apocalyto 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-08 - Updated: 2012-05-08 - 795 words

1Exciting
"No, Mom! I'm fed up of this bullcrap! I'm leaving and that’s final!" I screamed at my mother's face before storming to my room to get my things. I grabbed my duffel bag and started shoveling clothes inside when my mom had come in.
"Please, Frankie! I'm trying my best to get a job. Honest!" She wailed, her face stained with tears.
"No you're not! You won't stop drinking or doing drugs and it's pissing me off! You hit me every time you're drunk or high or both, and you think a little sorry or please will make me stay at home! Well not anymore!" I yelled and zipped my duffel bag filled with clothes and other stuff I needed and grabbed my school bag filled with books and my guitar case with my beloved Pansy.
"N-no, Frankie! I-I'm so s-sorry! I don't w-want to lose you, like your f-father." The woman before me said between sobs. Oh God. Sympathy. Damn it to hell!

I sighed and dropped my bags to the floor to wrap my arms around the fragile woman. She was still slightly taller then me because although I was 14, I was a midget.
"Come on, mom. I have to go. I can't stay any longer. I'm sorry, but you need help. And I'm not the one that can give you that. Sorry." With that, I picked up my bags again and went down the stairs, heading for the front door. When I was sure my mom wasn't following me, I left. Simple. But I knew exactly where I was going.

This wasn't a sudden idea to leave. I had planned this. There’s one place that I know were people like me who have been kicked out or ran away are accepted. I had found the radio station while I was looking for a station that had some decent music. My mom had been drunk and broke many of my CDs. Anyway, skimming through the stations, there was a sudden high pitched noise and talking. I realized after listening to the guy talking, that the radio station was completely secret to all adults because of the high pitched noise. Only teenagers could hear it. And that’s how I found out about the place.

I started to walk down the road when I heard Mrs. Way coming out of her house. She stopped when she saw me.
"Where ya going, Frankie?" I smiled at the sympathetic look Mrs. Way gave me. She knew about my mom being an alcoholic and sometimes let me stay in her house when my mom was drunk and violent.
"Leaving, Mrs. Way. Thought it was about time." I told her. She came running down her path way instantly.
"You could come and live with me and my husband? I'm sure he'd love having another man around the house again!" She squealed, already pulling on my arm, trying to drag me up her path way.
"Erm...no thanks. I...have a place to stay." I stuttered, trying to pull from her surprisingly strong grasp.
"Nonsense! You're staying with us." She said firmly. Oh dear, she has such a thick skull. Might as well be harsh and get away quickly.
"I am not a replacement for your sons!" I growled at her. She gasped and released my arm as if it had burnt her. I scowled at her.
"Goodbye, Mrs. Way." Turning on my heels, I made my escape. I headed towards the park with the woods behind it. It was an early April morning, so no one was currently at the park and the swings swung in the cold breeze. Damn, I should have put a coat on before I left, I thought full of regret. All I had for warmth was ripped skinny jeans, Metallica t shirt, black converses and my fingerless skeleton gloves.

I hitched my school bag up and got a better grip of my duffel bag before entering the woods. The guy had said they had simple signs hidden in plain sight and described them, not giving everything away. It was spring so the dried leaves on the floor from the bitter winter were now decaying and damp under the shade of the new leaves hanging from the various tree types, giving my foot steps a slight squelch noise. I followed the signs, spotting them easily, when I noticed the CCTV cameras, hidden high in the trees, but I guess I had good eye sight. Then I saw the carving in the tree. 'I am not afraid to keep on living' I smirked at the words when I felt a gloved hand cover my mouth.
"Nighty night, sweet heart." Was all I heard when something hit my head. Hard. And I blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story