Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Does anyone want a song fic written for them?

405

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 1 review

Ryan is remembering all of the bittersweet lies that Brendon told him.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-05-22 - Updated: 2012-05-23 - 871 words

1Ambiance
I sped down the highway, my knuckles turning white as I gripped the steering wheel. He lied to me. He fucking lied to me. How dare he call me up and act like nothing was wrong? Calling me his Rybear. No, I would not take it. I refused to be treated that way.

I was better than that, I deserved better. How dare he lie to me that way! I thought he loved me. How could I believe anything he had ever said to me? I couldn’t, plain and simple.

I took the 405 and drilled a stake down into your center,
And stated that it's never ever been better than this.

We sat in his room laughing our asses off. Brendon always knew how to make me laugh, he was fantastic that way. He knew how to make me forget what was going on in my life. Brendon wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. He planted a sweet kiss on my lips and whispered to me, “I love you Rybear.”

Rybear, that’s what he called me and I didn’t want to be anything but. I was his and I loved it. I kissed him passionately, wrapping my arms around his neck. I loved him so much; I loved how honest he was. I loved everything about him, his beautiful smile, his chocolate brown eyes as they stared in mine, his silky voice. He was perfect and he was mine, just like I was his.

Looking back on that memory I could see how fake it was. I was blinded by my love for the bastard and couldn’t see exactly what he was doing. He played me, played me like the fool I was.

I took a sharp turn and almost hit a stop sign, but I didn’t care anymore. It’s not like Brendon would give two shits.

I hung my favorite shirt on the floorboard, wrinkled up from pulling, pushing, and tasting, tasting...

“Ryan look we really need to talk about this.” Spencer sounded concerned but there was no reason for it.

“What so you can tell me how Brendon will just break my heart? I don’t wanna hear it Spence.”

“Why won’t you just listen to me? You know what he’s like, you’ve seen it first hand!”

I slammed the door in Spencer’s face, I was done with this. The only thing he’d been talking about for the past week was how Brendon would be a mistake. How I would regret this decision, but I knew that I wouldn’t. He was right though, I did know what Brendon was like. I’d seen him in past relationships but I was different. He told me so.

In retrospect I should have listened to Spencer. Brendon said that this time was different. He said he would be different, said that I was worth it. I should have known that nothing was worth it to Brendon.

I sped down a deserted street, not caring that I was going too fast. I didn’t even notice that I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt, I didn’t care anymore, I just didn’t care.

You keep twisting the truth
That keeps me thrown askew.

Brendon and I laid outside on a picnic blanket wrapped in each other’s arms. We had decided we were going to go stargazing and the autumn air chilled us, causing us to move closer together.

I looked over at Brendon and saw that he was gazing at the night sky with wonder. He had a look upon his face of a child in a candy store. It brought a smile to my lips that something so simple could cause him such joy.

I nuzzled my face into his neck and I felt his arms wrap tighter around me. “I love you Bren.” I whispered in his ear, scared to break the silence.

He was quiet for only a few short seconds but they felt like hours. “I love you too Ryan.”

Misguided by the 405 'cause it lead me to an alcoholic summer.
I missed the exit to you parents' house hours ago.
Red wine and the cigarettes: hide your bad habits underneath the patio, patio.

I heard Brendon’s phone buzz signaling that he had a new text. I picked it up and saw that it was from a Robby. Who was Robby? I knew all of Brendon’s friends, who was Robby!? Against my better judgment I opened the text. “Can’t wait to see you tonight ;)”

My heart stopped. My mind couldn’t form words. Brendon, my Brendon, cheated on me? But how could he! How could he hurt me in such a way? He said that I was different...

You keep twisting the truth
That keeps me thrown askew.

I took a quick turn, not seeing the car pulling out of its driveway. There wasn’t enough time to stop and I crashed right into the side of the SUV. The impact of the two cars caused me to fly through the windshield. I never did find out who Robby was…

You keep twisting the truth
That keeps me thrown askew.
Sign up to rate and review this story