Categories > Original > Drama > All Those Unfinished

Take Me As I Am

by SylarGrimm 0 reviews

I have got to finish this one. a young girl in a future world meets a stange boy with odd blue eyes that turns her world upside down.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 1356 words

0Unrated
I have Got to finish this!! i had totaly forgotten this! the boy (who once had a name that i have forgotten) is loosely based on Patrick Jane from the Mentalist, i think.
If you have any ideas of what should happen you should leave it in a review

**

I grew up in a dream away from the earth and home my ancestors knew and loved. Earth was eaten by illnesses and war and the people there were dying from very evil that filled the air.
Then one day out of the very mist the humans had created a single boy appeared. He was clean and unharmed as if he had just walked in from the world before.
The boy by the name of Elias Youth led the first group of humans into New Terra. There they lived their lives with the strange wilderness and beings; but they lived in peace.
But one day the crimes of man would be repeated. A man by the name of Ekar started the rebuilding his fallen empire. They destroyed race after race of the natives and took their lands. The Terra inhabitances were forced into a rebellion by the very people they risked everything to save. Elias fought against the humans with his fellow Terrains but nothing stalled the progress of mankind.
The battle raged for many years and eventually came down between Elias and Ekar. The duel lasted for days when finally Elias was able to stop Ekar.
All the original inhabitants of Terra stopped the spread of the empire but were forced to wonder their world hidden among mankind, persecuted for their strange talents and behaviors.
There are only a few Terrains left in the now human invested New Terra. The Fire-Eaters, Blood-Drinkers, Moon-Walkers, Shadow-Eaters, Fear-Eaters, and Soul-Eaters all live amongst us.
All the remaining humans have set up small utopian villages; fenced in to keep the Outsiders away. There is a village, to the far south near the bank of the Celestial Ocean and on the edge of the Lupine Wood, named Forgotten. This is where I grew up with my family. Being the only green eyed baby in the past few centuries I was fed the prophesies of our ever grey and brown eyed people. All my villages’ hopes and dreams rest on my shoulders. The shoulders of an unruly, curious, strong-minded, 16 year old girl named Ellyn Forgo.


I walked the woods alone pleased with the solitary of it. The clouds grumbled, threatening rain. Brushing burgundy hair out of my green eyes I calmly sat on a nearby stump. The trail went unused, unless by me, for taking into account I wasn't supposed to be out here. And Lyn was just happy enough to remind me of that by standing in front of me tapping her foot.
“Ellyn, I thought your father got on you enough. He hates it when you come out here. And I hate it here too”
“Then why do you always follow me?”
She didn't have an answer, as always.
“I want something to happen, Lyn. I'm tired of being told what to do. I'm tired of staying in this crummy town!”
I looked down at myself.
“And I'm tired of me”
I wore simple black pants with a white button up shirt with a black vest. It wasn't normal girl wear necessarily but I didn't stick out.
“I want something new, a change.”
Lyn looked at the ground but her head snapped up and her eyes were wide. Then it reached my ears; the sound of wagon wheels and people laughing. I took off into the woods and Lyn called after me, her gray eyes wild
“Ellyn!! Where are you going!?”
I turned back to her and pointed in the direction of the village.
“Go back to the village. And don’t breathe a word of this to my father”
I turned and ran in the direction of the lively noises; reaching another path and stopping in stunned silence. Just out of sight of the village was a large yellow and purple tent. People were bustling around it, pulling colorful wagons and all sorts of Old World items. The sight was cheerful and upbeat. A group of men and women were singing a jolly tune as they worked.
That’s when I saw him. He had curly dark blonde hair that mobbed up around his ears and framed a young man's face. Playful cocky blue-green eyes watched as people walked past him. He was merely sitting on a stool drinking something from a tea cup. He wasn’t a tall man, being around 5’10. He wore a light blue button up shirt with a gray vest and gray pants. A suit jacket was hung over his leg.
He stood and set his cup down along with his jacket, his eyes stuck to my face. He headed straight for me and I froze. He couldn't quite see me but a curious look was in his eyes. I took a step back and he started to jog. In fear I turned and ran
“Wait!”
He chased me through the woods yelling at me in a funny accent. My senses flared telling me to stay away from him as my father’s words rung in my head
“The people from the Outside are evil. They do not belong here with us and we don’t belong with them.”
I reached the edge of the village and I didn't slow a beat as I entered the gate. People’s heads flung up as I ran by. They were doing their daily chorus of cleaning vegetables, cleaning clothes, and making things. But the lack of young women reminded me of where I should have been. Glancing behind me I saw the man standing at the line of trees staring in wonder at our village.
I didn't stop until I reached the wooden building in the center of the town. Calming my heart I smoothed out my brown hair and straightened my pants. I took a deep breath and opened the large door. Inside were the few young women of the town sitting and watching an old man behind a stone wall. I quickly took my seat next to Lyn with everyone’s eyes on me. My classmates wore long blue dresses and long hair with high boots. I looked at myself and felt ashamed. My strange shoes were forbidden in the first place; being from the Old World they were once called Tennis Shoes. Now the town’s folk called them abominations. My pants were not quite out of place, a lot of the older girls wore them.
“Now that all have attended…”
The old man looked at me with judgment in his eyes
“…We may start our ceremony”
I was antsy; I had been looking forward to this day for the past three months. At this kind of ceremony a girl from this class would be paired with a boy from the young boy class. Everyone was said to have a pair; the elders knew who matched who. There had only been one instant where a girl didn't get a pair and that was because there was a shortage of boys that year. That girl was taken and trained to be one of the next elders. The same goes for the boys.
But Lyn and I had counted the boys just last week. There was a nice even number of 12 and it matched up nicely with the girls’ class. I was going to get a pair, my completed piece. My soul mate. At least that’s what was driven into my head all my life. The elders were always right when it came to things like this.
I couldn't help but think of the blue eyed man. No one had that color. That strange blue-green. Lyn’s eyes were the closest, being gray. My green eyes belonged to my Outsider great grandmother; a woman who had been exiled for doing a lot of the same things I did. My father had hopped I would inherit his golden eyes that matched the rest of the town.
Sign up to rate and review this story