Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 4- Who is me-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

Id like to have maybe 10 views or 5 reviews before i add another chapter

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-07-07 - Updated: 2012-07-10 - 2791 words

0Unrated
I turned away from the mirror, not wanting to see myself until after I finished getting dressed.

I quickly pulled of my black long sleeved shirt and threw it into the hamper that was placed beside the door of the bathroom. I then took off my knee length jean skirt and threw it somewhere close to were I had thrown my shirt. I turned and picked up the shirt that I had dropped to the ground and put it on as fast as I could, next I threw on my yoga pants and took a deep breath

‘I wonder what it would be like to have Darien dress me…’ I mentally scolded myself then physically smacked my self in the forehead for that thought and went back to getting dressed.

Once I was finished I paused for a second, going threw all the possibilities of what I would see once I turned around. When I figured that I had braced myself for the worst I spun around as fast as my body would let me and looked into the mirror that hung just above my sink I was taken aback for a second when I realized I was seeing a stranger standing in front my bathroom mirror.

I took in the girl that was standing there, looking into the mirror with a bewildered expression plastered on her flawless face. The brown shoulder length haired, ugly blue eyed, small lip, pale skin, plus sized girl was now replaced with a blond waist length haired, bright baby blue eyed, big pouty lipped, tanned skin, size zero girl. The difference was almost to much to handle. The thing that scared me most about this new girl was the mark that laid on the left side of my neck in the shape of a small ying-yang sign.

I turned around so that I didn’t have to look at the new reflection of me. I swiftly put my hair up into pony tale and left the bathroom and the memory of the girl that I used to be.
I walked over to my 2 bags that laid at the end of my bed now.

When I turned around to find Darien I couldnt help but giggle at the way he was gawking at me.

‘I guess my choice of clothing wasn’t a good choice for Darien.’ I looked at myself in my make-up mirror and laughed realizing that I never deliberately chose the one pair of black yoga pants that made my thighs look amazing as well as my ass and the red v-neck t-shirt that showed just enough of my chest to make any guy drool.

“Hey Darien I think that you dropped your jaw.” I walked over to him lifting his opened mouth up so that it closed with a loud THUNK, then walked away swaying my hips back and forth wile leaning down to grab my runners.

I jumped at the loud crack that broke threw my room. When I turned around Tara was standing on my bed: glass surrounding her feet.

‘What the hell?’

“Hi.” She gave me a weak smile and turned to look at Darien. “Why haven’t you left yet? You understand that they are waiting for you outside the house, right?” I looked over at Darien to see his face go as white as a ghost.

“You came here to protect your life line yet you cant even keep her away from the people who are trying to kill her!” Tara’s face was now going as red as a cherry as anger over took her whole mind and body. I had seen this face and 2 different occasions, both ending with the person who caused her to become angry on the ground begging for forgiveness

“What do you mean life line?”

“Maria, stay out of this! When we need your advice then well ask for it.” Tara yelled at me as moved to go sit in front of her.

“What the hell Tara, I asked you a question I didn’t give you my opinion! Come your nerves, seriously!” I turned and yelled right back at her.

Darien walked over and pulled me off of the bed. “Maria, we need to get out of here and fast.” He turned to look at Tara. “Do you think you can hold them off for a couple minutes wile we take out escape?” she nodded and turned towards the window that she had broken to get into my room in the first place.

“NO! You cant let her try to fight off all those people! Tara, you cant do this! Please just come with us, we can all escape if were really fast! Please, once I leave you and Darien will be all I have left. I need you.” I felt a warm tear slip down my cheek as I begged my friend.

“Maria, you are going to save so many lives, if me having to give up my life helps you save so many more people then I’m going to do it: no matter how much it will hurt us. I’m sorry.”

“Tara…”

“Tell you what Maria: if you ever come back here then ill buy you a new window.” We both laughed and I walked over to hug my best friend.

“Maria, we don’t have much more time and we need to start heading out now if were ever going to make it to a safe house.”

I gave Tara one more hug then went downstairs and into the kitchen. When Darien came up behind me I turned to see remorse on his face.

“What? You feel bad that IV lose everything in my life. Are you going to rub it in my face that I’m different! What do you want Darien! I have nothing I can give you. I have nothing you could want; I don’t even have enough money to pay of my schooling! IV lost all my family and I’m about to lose my best friend! Please, tell me how much better your life is, tell me how bad you feel for the situation I’m in! That’s probably the only reason why your so nice to me! Is that it?” I couldn’t help but scream at him until my throat started to throb.

“Maria.” Darien walked up to me and held me in a warm embrace, kissing the top of my head. If it wasn’t for his hold on me, I would have fallen onto my knees: as every muscle in my body seemed to turn into mush.

“I have watched over you for many years, always hiding away. Trust me I do know how you feel and I understand the pain that you are in, please don’t think for one second that I don’t care and that I just want to rub it in. my life is no better then yours is, I lost my family many years ago in a grave fire: I was only 12 when it happened. I was left to care for my 10 year old sister, without any help from other family members because they didn’t want to care for a bastard and his little ‘whore’ sister. When I turned 16 and was given my wings my best friend promised me that he would watch over my sister until the day that she turned 16 and earned the same wings as I.” he managed to show a fake smile.

“Do you still see her?” we hadn’t broken our embrace yet and my voice had been muffled by his shoulder.

“Maria, this happened many years ago. The last time I saw my sister was the day that she earned her wings: 2 years ago. Ever since that day she has refused to even see me because she believes that when I left her that it was because I didn’t want to have to put up with her anymore. She does not believe me when I explain that it was not my choice to leave her and that I made sure she was in the right hands when I left.”

“I’m so sorry.”

He squeezed me quickly then let go so that I could go back to what I and been doing before he came down to talk to me.

“What are you doing down here?” he was leaning over my shoulder trying to see what I was writing on the note pad.

“When I was little, y grandmother and I created a secrete language that only me and her would understand. I’m just telling her that the day came that she always talked to me about and that I would be back to find her when it was safe enough for me to return.” I turned and smiled at him holding the peace of paper that I had been writing on in front of his face so that he could see it.

“That looks really confusing.” He laughed more to himself then anything

“Isn’t that the point?” I replied.

I turned and stuck it to the refrigerator door then turned to go to the back door. When I turned around I noticed that Darien wasn’t following me anymore. I walked back into the kitchen to find him still looking at the paper.

“Come on me we need to go.” I took his hand into mine and turned to leave threw the back door. “how about this, when we leave and get to the car ill try to teach you my secret language, just in case one day I need to tell you something that no one else should know.” I looked up at his face and we smiled at each other.

We walked threw the woods for about 2 minutes then came up to a car just in the clearing that led to the highway.

I turned to give Darien a wide eyed gaze. “Is this an enzo Ferrari?” I squealed.

“Isn’t that the same as any other Ferrari?” he cocked his head to the left and gave me a confused look.

I gave him a dirty look and answered. “Well… first, enzo Ferraris are the only car in the world that have a 375 caliber drag. Second, you can only get an enzo Ferrari in Italy and last, there just plain sexy compared to any other car in the world!” he gave me a ‘what’s wrong with you’ look then nodded at me slowly.

He reached into his front jean pocket and pulled out a pair of keys, lightly throwing them at me and giving me a sexy smile that caused a light blush to wash over my face.

“You want me to drive this?” I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

“I have a feeling you know how to drive better then I would.” He chuckled, getting into the passengers seat and waiving a hand as into invite me.

“You realize that I’m only 16 so if by any chance we get caught by the police I’m going to be putting all the blame on you.” I gave him a subtle wink then jumped into the driver’s seat.

We pulled out onto the road and I could just make out Tara fighting someone in my bedroom window: she looked to be winning but I could feel more of them coming.

‘How is that possible?’

“Darien, how is it that I can tell there’s more people coming to fight Tara?” he must have been staring off into space because once he realized what I had asked he turned his head and muttered a low ‘hum?’

“Well I was just looking at Tara when I realized that I could feel more of them coming…” I trialed off looking into the rearview mirror.

“Remember earlier, when I said I could feel them coming as well. Its just something that comes with the package.” He gave a small laugh but turned serious again. When I looked over at him I could tell that there was something he wanted to ask me.

“What is it?”

“Well I was just wondering what it felt like for you. I know that for most angels and ogres it feels like evil, but because our different I didn’t know if it felt the same for you…”

“Wow, your right! I don’t séance evil I can only séance the presence of there being.” I looked over at him to see his approval when I wide smile took over my face. “I know that your one of the only ogres IV met but I cant help liking your presence the most: its so soothing and it feels like your humming a soothing song when I’m around you.” I looked away blushing as I grabbed the gear shift.

“Thanks.” He mumbled under his breath looking up at the sky.

We drove for about another 3 hours. When night started to form, we took to shelter. Looking for a price able hotel in the best enclosed area we could find. When we found one just on the outskirts of town I turned to find Darien had dozed off.

‘He looks so peaceful…’

I got out of the car as quietly as I could and turned to walk into the hotel. As soon as my foot passed the doorway I was engulfed in the sent of lavender. I took in my surroundings with little ease.

The walls were covered an ugly light green wile the floors were masked with a shaggy carpet. Each wall had at least 3 chairs and in the middle of the room stood a sizable love seat with a wide screen T.V.

The man that stood at the front desk looked to see me in the door and said with a scratchy voice that only a man that had worked here all his life could use. “Is there anything I can help you with mam?’

When I looked over to answer him I could feel something coming up behind me. I turned to find Darien walking threw the door, his face filled with fear and pain. “Maria we have to keep going. I think there’s someone coming to look for us.” He looked over his shoulder: out threw the door that he just entered from.

“Darien I cant drive any longer and you just finished falling asleep. We both need to get some rest and I don’t think that there that close because I can even séance them.” I was now starting to walk towards the man at the front desk and hand him the money when Darien pulled my hand away and handed the man enough money to last us a week.

“Darien, I could have paid for that you know.” When he just shrugged his shoulders I turned and walked down the long dark hallway to our room. I came up to the door and turned to sit on the ground leaning on the door.

My eyes closed and my head started to become fuzzy.

I was inside a room, laying in a red and black bed. When I sat up and looked around the room I was taken aback by the pictures that hung on the walls. One of my mother, the next my father. A picture of them together, and one with them holding a baby who must have been me. The next one made me want to cry out in fear and pain, it was a picture of the car my parents died in, the last 2 pictures on the wall were both the pictures doctors had taken of my parent’s dead bodies. There expressions the same: content.
*]
[*‘What the hell is this?’

*]
[*I got out of the bed and moved to the only door in the room, when I reached my hand out to turn the handle it wouldn’t moved: someone had locked it.

*]
[*“Hello?” I yelled threw the door, pressing my ear to it then looking under it to see if anyone was standing or walking past it.

*]
[*A small shadow passed the door then someone bent down to look under it and at me. A small scream escaped my lips as the person quickly stood up and walked away from the door.

*]
[*“Wait! Please come back and help me. Hello?” I turned around and sat with my arms around my legs holding them to my chest as the only comfort that I had.

*]
[*‘Darien were are you when I need you most, I thought you were going to always protect me.’ A small tear fell down my face

*]
[*“Maria?”

*]
[*“Darien!”

*]
[*“Maria, wake up.”

*]
[*I could feel someone shaking my shoulders back and forth.
Sign up to rate and review this story