Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > its just the way things worked out

he's Liv's date

by ahava 0 reviews

chapter two

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-07-10 - Updated: 2006-07-10 - 697 words

0Unrated
"Mom, you're not serious, right?" Raki asked, watching her mom get ready for her date.
"About what?" Liv asked applying her mascara.
"About going out with Joel."
"And why wouldn't i be?"
Raki shrugged, picking at the knees of her jeans. "I dunno," she said. "I mean, get real mom, he's a rockstar. And hes three years younger than you."
"Raki, i like him alright?"lIv said packing away her make up. "And we both know thats its been a while since I actually liked a guy. I mean, hes amazing ok? And I just... Im almost 30 with a 17 year old daughter. This isnt the way I pictured myself and-"
"Well Im sorry if i ruined your picture." Raki said coldly.
"Oh no Rake, I didnt mean it like that!" Liv exclaimed and pulled her daughter into a hug. "I love you baby. You know that. And I'd rather grow tyo be an old maid with you, then married without you. I love you Rake, more than anything else in the world."
"I love you too mom." she sniffled hugging her mom tightly, tears running down her face. "Im sorry. I just... I dont want you to get hurt."
"Shh... its ok sweetie." Liv ran her fingers through the girl's hair. "I just want us to give him a chance ok? He seems sincere."
Raki nodded wiping her face as the doorbell rang. "Ill get it." she said. " you finish getting ready."
She went down the stairs slowly, knowing exactly who was on the other side of the front door.She opened the door and of course there stood none other than Joel Madden.
"Hi." he said nervously.
"Hi." she said back wiping her face again to get rid of all evidence that she ahd been crying. "Um, come in. She'll be down in a second." He came in and she closed the door behind him. She brought him to the den where he sat down. "Can i get you something to drink?" she asked in what she hoped was a polite tone.
"No thanks." He shook his head. They sat in an akward silence until Joel broke it. "You don't..." he began the stopped.
"Huh?" she looked up at him and caught gaze with his deep brown eyes. they were so beautiful. He was so breath taking. But he was off limits. After all he was here to pick up Liv.
"You're not... you dont mind that im taking your mother out, right?"
"Why do you ask?" she asked indifferrently, not looking at him.
"Just wanted to know. Cuz i mean,you're her daughter and a very big part of her life and I'm sure your opinion matters alot."
"It does, wich is why sometimes, for her sake, i have to lie." Raki said her eyes flaming, getting up to leave. "Ill go get her."
Raki kissed her mother good bye, not bothering to see them out. She went straight up to her room and fell onto the bed.
So Liv was on a date. It was cool. She'd been out on dates before. Raki sighed. Part of her was happy Liv found someone she likes, but part was angry that it had to be Joel. They just didn't go! Liv was way too mature for him. Shes been through too much and knows so much more. Why was she dating a clueless younger guy? She hoped that it goes well, but also that it doesn't. She saw his eyes. They were so young and naive, vulnerable even. They knew nothing of her wisdom and real inner beauty, and they probably never would.
His eyes...they were so beautiful. Such a dark brown with the tiniest flecks of green in them. They showed his every emotion and how his hands had been clammy with nerves. He was so beautiful...
She shook her head, she was fucked up. Besides it might not even work between the two of them. Cuz come on, he was a world famous rockstar. He travelled for a living. Liv wanted a 9 to 5 guy who could always be ther for her. She should stop worrying and wait it out. Right? Of course right!
Sign up to rate and review this story