Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Am The Fallen

Waiting to Break Free

by WeAreTheFallen 1 review

Lucie and Mikey conspire while Frank sets out to prove a point.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-08-16 - Updated: 2012-08-16 - 1201 words

2Exciting
As the sun rises higher in the sky everyone begins to move around. Although we survived the night many living in the house are still uneasy. Rafael, an angel, paid a visit to our safe house last night. Upon realizing that Violet was no longer with us he left. Unfortunately, Rafael left two others, Arella and Annabel, here to keep watch just incase Violet were to return.

In truth I have no idea what Gerard told the male angel. Whatever it was the news must have pleased him. If it hadn’t I have a feeling none of us would be here right now.

Upon entering the kitchen my eyes are assaulted by a bright light. Annabel, a short thin angel with dark hair, hovers just above the floor. Her grey eyes follow me around the kitchen as I grab a blood bag and begin to suck on it.

“Would you mind turning down the light, some people just woke up,” I grumble. Sure, sure, I know I should be nice to these things that have invaded our home but I just don’t feel like it.

Annabel just stares at me, her angelic face displaying no emotion, “We should have sent all you creatures to hell the second we knew of your whereabouts. Rafael is getting soft.”

“Such unkind words coming from such a –” I pause for a moment just to add effect –“holy being.”

“I can send you down into the underworld and make the next thousand years of your useless life complete and utter torture. Watch yourself.”

“Annabel,” Arella says, her voice sounding like bells as she flies into the kitchen, “You must learn to control your tongue. Do no stoop to the level of those below you.”

Rolling my eyes I side step past Arella. Of all the angels I’ve ever seen she looks like the most stereotypical. Her longs, blonde hair flows out around her shoulders and her eyes…those eyes. Arella has Violet’s eyes.

Still upset by the angel’s words I head upstairs, I only stop on the landing when I hear Mikey and Lucie talking in hushed voices. Those two spend a lot of time together. Then again they are the two youngest werewolves in our clan.

“I’m just saying the angels can’t watch all of us at once, Mikey. We can slip out at night and be miles away by the time they realize we’ve left,” Lucie whispers. I can see her back hair through the crack in the doorway.

Mikey sighs, his hazel eyes flicking towards the door, “I can’t leave my brother. We’ve been together since birth.”

“So bring him along,” Lucie answers.

I have to suppress a laugh. She should know Gerard well enough to know that, that will never happen. He has way too much invested in the clan. Our leader isn’t one to just up and leave everything. Gerard isn’t like that. He hardly ever thinks about himself.

“Don’t be ridiculous Lucie,” Mikey whispers back.

The dark haired werewolf stands, she’s clearly aggravated. I can feel the tension in the air. As she turns towards the door I catch a glimpse of her golden eyes, they’re glowing with anger. Not paying attention, Lucie runs right into me.

“Oh, hello Frank,” she says cheerily, quickly putting on a smile.

I eye her suspiciously, figuring it won’t be too harsh to make her squirm a little, “What were you and Mikey talking about?”

“Just how much we dislike the angels and how we wish this wasn’t happening,” Lucie answers, suddenly finding the carpet beneath our feet fascinating.

“Watch what you say, those things have all the power now,” I respond before continuing down the hall and up the stairs into the attic bedroom.

Sitting down on Violet’s old bed I put my head in my hands. How the hell did we let it get this out of control? Our only chance of living is to become completely rouge and live on the run. There’s no way that all of us could survive like that; there’s too many of us.

Climbing out on the roof I sit there and stare at the ground. Although I’m fully aware of the presence of another I try and ignore it. Eventually I cannot. Turning I come face to face with Arella. She tilts her head a little to the left, her eyes squinted as she stares at me.

“What are you doing up here,” she demands.

“It’s my roof. I should be asking you that question.”

“I was sent here to keep watch on you and the rest of the creatures living in this house.”

I scoff, “You’re all like robots.”

For a few minutes Arella just floats around with a confused look on her face, as if she’s trying to process what I’ve just said. I guess brains are really necessary where angels are from.

“Why do you miss her so much?”

Arella’s question catches me off guard, “I don’t. I just wish I knew when Rafael was going to kill her so I could prepare myself. Ya know I wanna get laid one last time before I’m dead forever.”

Arella looks disturbed, “You’re disgusting.”

Laughing I move a little closer to her, “I would have chosen Violet. As Rafael was preparing to rip her head off I’d be having my way with her. What a scene that would have been.”

“Violet would never have done that,” Arella answers quickly, her blue eyes wearing an odd look.

“Oh, and why is that?”

“She hated your kind,” Arella answers.

Instead of engaging in an argument I decide to throw the angel off. So far I’ve noticed that they are very naïve creatures who are uncomfortable with any kind of person questions or sexual talk.

“Why do you have her eyes?”

Arella spins around, strands of blonde hair swinging forward and hitting her in her naturally rosy cheeks, “What?”

“Why –” I advance forward – “do you –” I move even closer – “have Violet’s eyes?”

My forehead is almost resting on Arella’s. I can feel electricity or something similar flowing through my entire body. It’s a weird feeling. The angel looks at a lose for words.

Suddenly, I reach forward, cupping her cheek in my hand. Then my lips are on hers, unoccupied hand running down Arella’s neck, sliding over her breast, and finally settling on her waist. Our kiss lasts for a few minutes before the angel pulls away.

Her eyes are wide, lips a little swollen, “Because she’s my sister.”

I have no time to react. Our heads both snap to the side as we hear a small gasp. There, at the end of the roof is Annabel. She wears a look of utter betrayal. As Arella flies after her I smirk. I’d just proved a point. Within every angel is a devil waiting to burst through.

Author's Note: I'm actually pretty proud of this chapter, not that my opinion really matters, but still. Hope you like it. :) R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story