Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 11- Safe Haven-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

sory for not uploading for a wile, havnt had a chance to get on for such a long time

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-24 - Updated: 2012-08-24 - 3500 words

0Unrated
I walked around the corner of the hallway and out the big front doors, once I reached the stair case leading down to my escape I stopped and looked up at all the people that were standing before me.

“Did you really thing that you could escape us?” Hades voice was a sneer as he let out a ruff laugh. “You killed the man you love and there is no one else that knows of your location, how did you think you were going to survive out there? Away from any living being for at least a 5 day range!” he let out another laugh.

“Hades I’m not one to gloat , but if it came down to it, it probably do better out there then you wood.” I herd a small snicker from somewhere in the mass group of people that were standing at the bottom of the stair case. I found myself making eye contact with an old friend from high school, victor Rudinicky.

“Victor you’re a Warlock to!” I yelled out throwing my hands in the air. “ When did everyone decide to join the evil bad guys club?” I yelled out over the group of people to victor.

“Guess you missed the meeting!” he yelled back at me giving me a small wink.

“Enough!” Rang Hades voice. “ You can not escape, go back to your room in peace or I shall force you to.” I knew he wasn’t joking around but I also knew that I could use one thing against him.

“I killed him you know.” I said monotone.

“Yes, and that is why we are in this situation.” He said all to smugly.

I finally let out a loud laugh. “ I’m not talking about Darien you big dope!” he just gave me a questioning look so I gave in and told him. “ I killed your little beloved demon Dan. Check your connection with him, I promise it wont work.” I watched as Hades face filled with pure rage.

“You little BITCH!” he yelled out taking a step towards me .

I brought my hand up and wiggled my finger back and forth. “ Ahh,ahh,ahh!” I could feel the power rush around me in a cooling manner that I started to know only to well now. “ Unless you want to be fried, id suggest you stay back.” I watched Hades snicker and move closer to me.

“You believe you can hold me back, you have only just learned one of your many powers! I bet you cant even control it yet.” He said stepping forward and reaching his hand out to touch the shield.
‘I warned you.’ I thought to myself as I raised my hands over my head, letting all my power serge threw me. ‘ Wait what is this?’ I felt so much more power then what I thought I had. ‘ Why do I feel so strong?’ with out trying, I let the light shine of the shield grow into an eye burning brightness.

“What is this?” Hades screamed shielding his eyes from the light.

“I’m pulled power from your dead child and using it to burn the fuck out of you.” I don’t know how I knew it but it just came to me like a lost memory.

Before I could finish killing off the basterd, I felt something make contact with my head and before I knew it I had passed out and was now awakening in the same that I had awoken up the first day I arrived here.

Days had gone by since my last escape trial and I was know under full arrest. On top of the fact that I hadn’t seen day light in what felt like years, I had started to hallucinate, I was seeing and hearing him wherever I went. He was haunting me with taunts and with the reminder of his death. I was starting to find ways to make him disappear for hours but he always seemed to come back sooner or later.

‘There’s no point in trying to leave anymore, ill never escape this place. My mind seems to play more and more tricks on me every day, making me believe that Darien is still alive when I killed him with my own hands.’ I walked over to the door and placed my head against it. “Let me out!” I yelled banging my fist against the door for the hundredth time that day. “Damn you all to hell!” I had had enough and needed to get away from all the pain and sorrow.

I walked over to my bed and dropped to my knees and reaching underneath the bed. I let my hand fumble around until I touched the cold steal. ‘ How ironic, I kill the man with the same knife that I’m about to kill myself with.’ I let a humorless laugh leave my mouth before I got back to my feet and sat down on the bed placing the knife against my wrist.

“The moment that I die, I will be with him again.” I took in a deep breath pushing the blade against my wrist. Just before I pulled the cold steel across my skin, someone knocked on the door.

“Maria?” the voice whispered.

“Not again!” I yelled out throwing the knife down on the bed and walking over to the door. “Just stop it, I’m already leaving to be with you!” I yelled threw the door to the imaginary person that I knew only to well.

“What are you talking about Maria?” his voice was so soft yet filled with fear.

“Stop it!” I reached up and grabbed my head with my hands. “ Ill be there soon just leave so that I can finish this!” I yelled walking back over to the bed and picking up the knife.

“Maria, what are you doing in there?” his voice rang threw my mind even though I tried so hard to block it out.

“Why wont you leave me alone! Every other time that I tried to block you out of my mind you would disappear! Why isn’t it happening now?” I yelled out.

“Maria its Darien! What are you doing, please just wait, ill have you out soon.” His voice rang with desperation.

“No! I’m going to kill myself just like I did to you!” I yelled back, tears sliding down my face and landing on my arms that were sighting before me. The knife poised over my wrist, just waiting for the slightest movement.

“What! NO! Don’t even think about killing yourself! Just wait and ill explain everything to you! Please just wait for me to get to you!” he yelled out again.

“I love you.” I pulled the knife across my left wrist, scarlet droplets falling down my wrists and pooling at the bottom of my feet. I switch hands and slid the knife across my other wrist watching as scarlet spread over my hands and arms. I couldn’t feel the pain, I felt light headed and at peace with the world. I was for once in the past weeks: content.

My head became fuzzy and I felt my eyes sliding close as sleep and darkness pulled me into its grasps. “MARIA!” I would soon be with that sweet, sweet voice. In his embrace. I let the sleep pull at me and draw me into it. Its calming sensation creasing my body until I fell into a dark unawake able sleep. ‘ Goodbye.’

I threw my body forward, letting out a loud cry as my eyes adjusted to the lighting in the room that I was in. The clean, white walls came into view as I looked around trying to figure out were I was. I looked down at the soft bed I was sitting in, my mind racing with fear. I pulled my arms out from my sides and investigated my wrists, looking for the smallest mark to prove that my dream was reality.

“Maria?” I felt his arms go around my body. His warmth filling me and moving around my body. “ What happened, was it another dream?” his chin was on my shoulder and his hot breath made a chill run down my body.
“ I know what that dreams was about.” I whispered. My voice sounded horse and weak. Like I had been running a marathon.

He made a small shhh sound and pulled me farther into his broad chest.” Its alright love, it was all a dream.” He placed a kiss in the joint between my neck and shoulder, sending another sweet chill down my back.

I groaned, placing a hand on my head. “ What time is it?” I whispered turning myself around in his arms so that I was facing him. I placed my head on his chest and listened to his speeding heart.

“ Its just a little after 8:30.” He whispered into my hair.

“Ohmygoodness, go back to bed!” I said a little louder, only to have my voice crack then die down.

“Sorry love but we have to be at a meeting in about 30 minutes.” He ran his finger tips up and down my back, making my head spin with excitement.

“Can you go to the meeting and I stay here and sleep longer.” I said with my best sweet voice. He let out a loud laugh and got out of the bed making me let out an incoherent whine of protest. “Darien, please!” a sat up in the bed letting my blond locks fall over my shoulder and my bangs fall in front of my face. “ Ill love you forever.” I said getting out of the bed and rapping my arms around his waist.

“Sorry, but that’s already a done deal, ya know life bond and everything.” He touched his index finger to my temple causing a little shock to run threw my body. Once he pulled his hand away, I felt rejuvenated and ready to take on the world again.

I looked up at Darien with wide eyes. “ What just happened?” my voice wasn’t filled with fear, more so filled with excitement.

“You never asked me what my 2 gifts were.” He said lightly, placing his head against mine and looking me in the eyes.

“Is this when I ask you what they are and you tell me that it’s a secret and walk away.” He let out a breathless laugh.

“I think ill let you off this time and jus tell you.” I also let out a small laugh and pushed myself closer to his chest. Placing my head just over his heart so that I could hear his steady heart beat. “My first gift is that I can heal people, including there energy. Lets say you went and ran a marathon. Your tired right?” I nodded. “ Well if I choose to, I can give you a part of my energy and you will be back to normal but say you were injured... I wouldn’t be giving you my energy, I would be giving you a part of my life.” I nodded again not feeling like I should comment on what he said about giving up his life.

“What’s your second gift?” I asked instead.

“I was getting to that part.” He said lightly flicking my back. I let out a small giggle wile pushing him slightly.

“My second one is that I can feel people’s emotions.” I pulled away from him slightly so that I could look into his eyes.

“Wait do you mean that you can feel there emotions when you are near them or is it more then that?” I watched a small smile grow in his face with my fascination with his gifts.

“I find that I can feel peoples emotions better when I have a bond with them, like a friendship or some other relationship and its not like I can emotionally feel it its more like a taste on your tong.” I crunched my eyebrows up in confusion. “ It taste like the color blue.” We both broke out into laughter.

“Your such a dork, did you know that.” I looked up into his eyes to see pure joy.

He reached down and lifted my chin up so that we were just inches away from each others lips. “ I’m not just any dork I am your dork.” He leaned in and planted a sweet kiss on my lips, causing a jumble of butterflies to attack my stomach.

A loud knock sounded from the door of our room. “Yo, love birds get off your lazy butts and get to the meeting!” I laughed as Josh banged his fists against the door in a catchy beat.

Darien leaned over and whispered into me ear. “ If I could, I would kill him but that would only give Hades another recruit for his army.”

I laughed at him. “ Na, Hades would just send him back.”

“I can hear you guys!” Josh yelled back at us. His loud footsteps could be herd as he walked down the long hallway of the under ground safe house.

“I forgot that one of his gifts was super hearing!” Darien said sarcastically

I slapped his arm. “ Your so mean!”

“I know he is!” Josh yelled out from the door.

I stomped over to the wooden door and threw it open, facing a scared josh. “ Josh, I swear to the all mighty gods, I will kick your ass so hard, you will have to get my foot surgically removed if you don’t walk, no RUN your way over to that meeting room right now.” Josh leaned over my shoulder to look at Darien.

“She’s a keeper.” I watched Josh wink at him and finally lost all my remaining sanity and grabbed him by the ear, walking out of the room and pulling him down the hallway with me. “ I LIED DARIEN, SHES PURE EVIL!” Josh yelled. I could hear the small laugh of Darien.

Once I reached Josh’s bedroom, I threw it open, finding Tara doing her hair in the mirror. The moment she saw me and Josh see turned and screamed.

“Tara, what the hell? You flip on Darien and me when we want to be in the same room together, yet you and Josh get to be in the same room together?” I yelled throwing Josh into the room. The moment my hand left his ear, he ran over to Tara, hugging her but also using her as a human shield. “Oh, I brought back your dog.” I said narrowing my eyes at Josh.

“What did he do this time?” Tara asked also giving Josh a skeptical look.

“Just acting like a normal dude: annoying!” we both laughed and I waved to Tara calling out that I would be seeing her soon before walking out of there room and back to mine.

The moment I stepped into the room, I was embraced around my waist by Darien. His lips leaving small butterfly kisses down my neck and onto my shoulder. I turned around smiling up at him and leaning into him like I was going to place a kiss on his lips. Just before our lips touched, I turned my head to the side, making him plant the kiss on my cheek.

“What the hell?” he yelled out crossing his arms over his chest in disagreement.

“Oh, I just remembered that I need to go have a shower.” I said turning from him and walking over to the bathroom, a little hop in my step.

Just before I reached the door his voice rang out threw the room. “ Can I join?” I turned my head to the side so that I could see him and watched as he gave me a small wink, causing my insides to twist in embracement.

“In your dreams!” I yelled out to him.

“Quite frankly, yes.” I felt my face turn a dark shade of red as I scurried into the bathroom, leaving Darien outside, laughing his heart out at my embarrassment.

I walked over to the shower and turned it on, letting the water heat up before getting in. the moment the water hit my skin, I felt like I was back home, after a long day of school. No evil demons and warlocks. No gods fighting over who could have me. No Dan. No Darien.

My face dropped. ‘ I would still be going to boring school, dating jerks who never liked me for me. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t be as happy as I am now with Darien. With all the bad that’s going on right now, he is a big part of what keeps me going.’ I washed my long blond hair before turning off the water and pulling a white towel around my body. Tying it right under my arm. ‘ If I had a choice of going back to my normal life. I wouldn’t. If I did then I wouldn’t have met all these amazing people and gone threw such an amazing trip!’ I walked over to the mirror over the sink and looked at my reflection. My golden blond waves hung in wet tangles around my shoulders. Reaching just below my waist. I smiled at my reflection, loving the way that my blue eyes shone with whenever I thought about Darien.

A little smile grew on my face as a devious plan ran threw my mind. ‘ What if…’ I let a small laugh escape my lips as I moved to the door of the bathroom and opened it slowly, letting the steam from the shower leak out into the bedroom. I watched as Darien’s gaze turned to meet my dripping wet body. I only let my eyes meet his for a second before walking out of the bathroom and over to the dresser that sat beside the door of our bedroom.

I opened the top drawer of the dresser, reaching in and grabbing a pair of black panties and a black bra. I turned around to look at Darien, finding that his eyes were searching my body up and down, leaving no peace of skin un touched by his gaze.

I let my face stay confused, trying my best to hide the smile that was trying to claws it way onto my face. “ Is there something I can help you with?” I put a hand on my hip and watched as his jaw went slack.

“Well its more of something that I can help YOU with.” I watched as he pulled himself together and got off of our bed, walking over to stand only a foot away from me.

“And what would that be?” I asked with a bored tone. Watching as he gave me a cocky half smile and moved in so that his mouth was to my ear. His hot breath running down my neck and sending a chill of pleasure threw my body.

His lips just touched my ear as the words left his mouth, husky and dripping with seduction. “ Want me to help you get dressed.” I could feel my breathing become uneasy as I pushed myself as far away from him as he would let me.

“Sorry but I don’t need that type of help unlike you.” His hand flew up over his heart as a pained expression replaced the flirty smile that he had on just seconds ago.

He let out a loud gasp. “ How your words pain me my love.” I let out a heart felt laugh before pushing passed him and over to the closet that sat just beside our bed. Opening it so that I could grab one of the beautiful dresses that laid delicately on the hangers.

My eyes flew over a couple of the dresses as my hands worked my way threw the packed closet, trying to find something that would sure my personality. A loud gasp left my mouth as I watched Darien’s hands fly in front of my body and pick out a dress from near the back of the closet.

The dress was a floor length gown that was made of a beautiful dark red silk. Its neckline came down in a deep V-neck, insinuated with black lace. The sleeves were long enough to hand just below your hands wile it was created as an off the shoulder design. The bottom of the dress flowed behind you with a lovely train.

“Darien?” I looked over my shoulder to find him looking at me with a loving gaze. I let a bright smile play on my face. “ Nice find.” He let out a laugh and handed me the dress.

“Now go and get dressed before I tear of that towel and ravish you until the morrow.” I felt my face turn at least 10 different shades of red as I once again scurried off into the bathroom to change into the beautiful dress.
Sign up to rate and review this story