Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 12- Game Plan-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-24 - Updated: 2012-08-24 - 2632 words

0Unrated
I knew that this meeting wasn’t going to turn out well as soon as I herd the yelling from outside the door. People were going to fight and people were going to leave the room angry and upset about the decisions that were about to be made.

I leaned over and took a hold of Darien’s arm, pulling him down to my height so that I could whisper into his ear.

“Can we just go back to the room and hang out?” he let out a quiet laugh before I could finish. “Please, I know that this isn’t going to turn out well! People are going to be yelling and I am so not in the mood to put up with that right now!” I watched as his face grew serious like he was actually weighing out his options.

I couldn’t stop myself from letting out a screech when Darien picked me up then threw me over his left shoulder and turned away from the door to head back to our room. Just as he was about to start walking the door of the meeting room swung open and a woman that I had never seen before walked out of the room giving Darien and I a confused glare.

Her green eyes reminded me of beautiful gems. Her hair fell in dark waves around her shoulders, reaching just below her elbows, which were now crossed over her chest and a disapproving manner. Her hip was bobbed to the side as her foot tapped on the ground impatiently.

Something about the way that she was looking at Darien and I just made my blood boil. “Can I help you?” I tried to let the words come out sweet and confused but instead they dripped with venom and hatred.

‘Why does this girl piss me off so bad? I don’t even know her yet I already want to rip that prissy little head off of her shoulders.’ Darien’s body tensed up once he realized who it was that was standing behind him.

Darien turned his head to the side so that he could get a good look at the person before he spoke. “ Hello Liza.” I could feel his discomfort threw our bond and it was starting to make me fidgety. The moment he realized that I was still hanging over his shoulder he let me down, well more like dropped me. My leg gave out the moment that it made impact with the ground and I found myself falling backwards. My bottom made contact with the ground causing a loud thunk to sound threw the room.

“I see she’s not very graceful, now is she?” Liza spoke with such a crude tone that I squinted my eyes like she had hit me.

Instead of Darien commenting back he let out a forced laugh and turned to lend me his hand. I swatted it away and glared up at him. “ I think I can manage.” I spat out lifting myself off of the ground and walking into the meeting room where I was engulfed with the voices of Josh and Tara arguing back and forth with each other. I watched as Josh threw his hands in the air with frustration and looked over at the door where I was standing with an enraged expression playing on his face. His eyes made contact with mine and I watched as his expression softened to a small smile.

“Have I missed anything?” my voice was low and I could tell I was going to be questioned by Tara as soon as we escaped the room. Instead of answering me, Josh just motioned his hand towards a spot beside where Tara was sitting. I made my way over to the chair and just as I sat down, Darien and Liza walked into the room, both walking just a little to close to each other.

Tara raised her eyebrows at me, I replied with a little wave of my hand as in to say not to worry about it until after left the room. She nodded her head in understanding and turned to look towards a boy sitting near the front of the table. “ George, how many more will we be waiting for?” her voice was very calm yet I could tell she wanted to hurry things up.

“I believe we are waiting for about 4 more people. Elizabeth, Gabe, Dona, and Heath.” George’s voice was very deep and it suited his dark essence.

Only moments later did 4 gorgeous people walk into the room. Both girls were dressed in beautiful gowns that trailed onto the ground. There dark hair cascaded down there backs in beautiful waves of silk. There eyes piercing green and violet. The 2 boys were handsome beyond words. There short cut hair spiked with carless ease wile there bright blue eyes shone with amusement.

I watched as the first boy made eye contact with me and instead of walking over to sit down in the seat beside George, he walked over to my seat and took my hand looking me in the eyes the whole time. “ You must be Maria? I was told that you were beautiful yet that word seams to bash your heavenly essence.” He pulled the back of my hand to his lips and pressed them against my skin. I could feel Darien’s eyes on me, I could also hear the loud growl that sounded threw the room as Darien stood up and walked around the table to were I and the man were now standing.

“ Gabe, I shall give you 5 seconds to take your hands off of her before I rip your throat out.” Darien’s voice held no amusement just utter hate for the being standing in front of me.

I looked up and met Darien’s eyes. “ Don’t try to pull this shit with me, you cant go and flirt with some woman then come over here and get pissy because someone other then you takes interest in my being here. Please, go back to that girl over there and try not to indulge yourself into what is going on with my life.” I let the words slip from my mouth before I could stop them, them felt as Darien’s soul began to fill with confusion, sadness, discomfort, anger and betrayal.

“Ah, so I see that you are mates.” Gabe said. “ Well I also see that there are some trust issues that I am not ready to put myself into yet, even though I already know that I could win your heart over in mere minutes, id rather not have to be a part of this conflict.” Gabe gave me a flirty smile.

“Hey don’t worry, its not that hard to win her over, she’ll give herself to anyone that will show some sort of affection towards her. She was able to hand herself over to Dan without any second thoughts. She even killed me in her dream with no remorse!” Darien spat out at Gabe and I before turning and sitting back down at his chair beside Liza.

I felt a loud sob leave my mouth as I reached my hand up to cover it. ‘How could he say something like that?’ I yelled in my mind. ‘I can’t believe he did that!’ I screamed. I pushed myself away from the table and got up out of the chair, letting my legs lead my out the door and down the hall way as I ran for my life. I ran as far as I could and never looked back, even when I herd the voices shouting out my name and calling for me to return to the room. I let my legs lead me to wherever would be best for my broken heart. I ran for what only seemed like hours but knew to only be minutes. When I reached a weeping willow, I ran into the tendrils, letting them glide across my shoulders and arms. I relished in the feeling of being alone and far away from any other human being.

I walked to the trunk of the tree and let my body slide down to the grass around it, my back scrapping down its ruff bark. I took in a deep breath and without hesitation, I let myself cry, I let the sobs rock threw my body with no remorse. The pain that resigned in my body was almost too much to handle.

Once I had calmed myself down, I let my body relax and let sleep pull me into its grasp. Not wanting to have to think about him anymore I surrounded myself with sleeps warm comforting arms.

I was awoken from my light sleep when I felt someone rock my shoulders back and forth and repeat my name in a pleading tone. I couldn’t understand what else the person was saying or who the person exactly was. All I knew was that I was still in a depressing mood and didn’t really want to be interrupted by someone at the moment.

I was to tired to come up with who was standing before me. “ Tara leave me the hell alone. You should know why I don’t want to see anyone right now. I just cant go back to that room and see him right now… I don’t know how ill react but I know that if I do see him, ill probably break out into sobs again.” I couldn’t help but get upset with myself when I realized that my voice hadn’t stopped cracking throughout my whole sentence. ‘ I cant believe a guy can get me this broken up!’ I kept my eyes closed but brought my hands around my knees and pulled them up to my chest so that I could rest my chin on them.

“Does that mean your going to keep your eyes closed?” the sound of his pain filled voice made me throw my eyes open and look up at him. I felt my heart beat speed up as I saw the sorrow in his eyes.

“What do you want?” I knew how angry my voice sounded even though I hadn’t raised my voice. I could already feel the tears start to fill my eyes so I looked away from him and found great interest in a long peace of grass .

I herd his footsteps toward where I was sitting and from the corner of my eye I watched as he bent down and reached his hand out towards me. I turned my face to the side just before he could touch me. “ Don’t. Touch. Me.” It felt like the words lingered in the air and the moment they registered in his mind I felt the pain wash threw his bond. It was like having a glass of water thrown at you: it shocked you and the moment it happened, your whole attitude changed. I looked up into his eyes and realized that instead of pain or remorse I saw red hot anger.

“What would you have me do!” he stood up and yelled at me. “ You murdered me because an evil son of a bitch told you that I wasn’t going to come and save you! How am I supposed to know that you weren’t doing ‘things’ with him wile I was working my ass off trying to find you?” I had to let my eyes drop to the ground.

“You don’t trust anything that I do, do you?” I didn’t even bother to let him answer the question. “ I waited for weeks on end for you to come and save me. To take me away from that horrid place! When I had killed you in my dreams, I went days without sleeping just so that I wouldn’t have to see myself kill you again.” My voice was just a broken whisper.

I watched his snarl turn into a blank expression. “-and you cant patronize me, you watched me fall to the ground and didn’t stop it before it happened because you were to occupied with some chick who walks threw the door. When she mocks me you just laugh. I don’t know what your past is with her and I don’t want to know but don’t go and freak on me when I at least give you the respect that you need when it comes down to your personal life. We may be life lines but I am not going to tell you all the things that pain me or all the things that scare me because I do like some privacy.” Even though my voice was still only a whisper, it leaked with utter hatred towards Darien.

“ What are you talking about?”

“ When I spoke to you about a dream that I had before I met you. The one where I saw you crying in Hades academy. I know what happened.” He nodded slowly. “ I couldn’t live with myself after what I had done to you. I killed myself and you were there trying to stop me. You couldn’t reach me in time and I passed out from blood loss. Before that I had starved myself. You don’t know shit about what happened. You don’t know shit about why it happened.”

“And you do?” his words matched my hatred.
“Did you know that Dan’s power is that he can control peoples dreams and there feelings.” I watched his mouth open and close repeatedly and finally I just got fed up and lifted myself from the ground.

Before I could leave the enclosure of the weeping willow, Darien grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest, causing a small gasp to come from my lips. Before I was crushed against his chest I let my hands fall in front of me so that I could push him away if needed.

“Darien let me go. Now.” I made sure my voice stayed calm and controlled but on the inside I was screaming my head off.

“Maria let me explain myself.” His voice was so pleading that I almost let myself stay in his arms but instead I pushed him away with all my strength and turned to stalk off.

I could hear his voice calling me back to him but I just couldn’t break down. I knew that if I was to go back that I would forgive him. I wanted to but I just couldn’t! I was sick of ending up with guys who broke my heart and who only wanted one thing from me before they up and left! I knew that he had broken me beyond repair.

‘How can I ever forgive him after this? I’m supposed to be his life line yet I cant even trust him when it comes to his past or when it comes to what he thinks of me! I cant believe he thought that I had given up on him and moved on to be with Dan.” I felt a warm tear fall down my face, I quickly pulled my hand up and wiped it away like I was trying to keep someone from seeing it.

Before I knew it, I was back to mine and Darien’s room. I threw myself onto our plush bed and let myself fall into a deep sleep. Wishing that I would never have to see his face again as well as all of my friends. ‘Tara, where are you when I need you most?’ the fog in my mind stopped me from conjuring up another sentence, so I let sleep pull me into its friendly grasp.
Sign up to rate and review this story