Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Greasy Black, Ugly White

I Don't Care

by OhmyGee 1 review

The best of us can find happiness in misery.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-10-26 - Updated: 2012-10-27 - 2602 words

2Exciting
A few weeks ago at the homecoming dance, I was hanging out with my female friend and my other gay best friend. His name is Nicky. Remember, he’s stereotypical gay…Apparently, I turned him into a bi sexual…Interesting huh?

This chapter is just a filler with more to come. Sorry if it’s boring, but I’m taking it slow…

Also, please accept my sincere apology. My ‘F’ key is not working so well for some reason- like it’s stuck- so very sorry if some words are a bit ffucked up. I have ta press extra hard just to type it so, yeah.

Isn’t the title so ironic? Fall Out Boy is actually pretty awesome. ‘I Don’t Care’ is

Greasy Black, Ugly White
VIII: I Don’t Care
“I don’t care! I don’t care!”


The next day, Frank went to school. He was still feeling like shit but eh feeling of shit would beat staying at home with his ma constantly nagging him about crap he potentially doesn’t care about.

He slid into fourth hour history class and sat in the back. He resentfully neglected the judgmental stares he was receiving from other students. Even though he still had to wear bandages around his arms and broken face, he was still looking better.

Frank sat down by Mikey’s empty desk. Mikey was either late or ditching class. Either way, Frank didn’t care. He was just scared of the socs –as much as he hates to admit to that– The Way boys weren’t scared though.

Someone unfamiliar to Frank had occupied Mikey’s seat. The person was not Mikey. It was a female. She was short in height. Her hair had a pompadour style, with a reddish tint to it. The girl wore a leather jacket and tight blue jeans. Frank had never seen a woman so outstandingly dressed- but he liked it because she was a greaser.

“Hey.” She said as if she known Frank for years. “M’ name’s Jude. Jude Granger.” Was he slick reply from Jude. Frank observed ha she had a bit of an accent to her voice.

“Frank.” Frank barely mumbled. His voice has been getting quieter and quieter. No many seemed to notice, mainly because they couldn’t hear him.

“I know.” But Jude must have bionic hearing. Frank stared at her like she was crazy or a stalker. No one knew his name but his mom and friends. “I’m with the female G’s of the de Via outfits. I’m friends with your boy Gerard.”

I should make this clear. Back in the 1950’s, they would sometimes refer to a gang by the word ‘outfits’.

Frank simply said nothing, he just listened.

“Patrick wasn’t at school yesterday. He was scared. Scared that we would jump him. Don’t get me wrong, we will take.” Frank’s silence spoke for himself. “We got people all over here. And when we rumble, we’re gonna do it right. And we’re gonna win for y-“

“Damn it, Jude!” Get out of my chair!” Mikey screamed playfully. He started to cough a lung, but stopped after a minute. Jude stood up and said,

“G’bye, Frank.”

“What was that all about?” Mikey coughed and questioned, but he didn’t really care at all. “Patrick is scared of us. He wasn’t here yesterday. He’s not even here today! We’re thinking on doing a drive by soon, if he doesn’t come to class…”

Frank just shrugged. After Mikey had finished talking, a couple socs started to stare again. Pete and some female to be more specific.

“Patrick shouldn’t have done that. He knows that.” Mikey tried to make Frank feel more comfortable about being at school- even though nobody is ever comfortable here. “Trick also knows the price he’s going to pay. Patrick knows that was a bad thing to do to you. He-”

“Please stop talking about him. About this…I’m sorry.” He speaks! Frank had interrupted Mikey. Frank doesn’t like talking that much anymore, let alone interrupting- but this topic was just so…upsetting to him.

“No. I’m sorry…” After a minute of silence, Mikey adds, “What did your mother say? If you mind me asking?

“She said I’m not allowed to speak to you.” Normally, well, recently, Frank’s voice is very quiet. That sentence was even quieter than normal. Frank was just surprised that Mikey even heard him.

“You’re talking to me right now.” For some reason, Mikey was just oblivious to what he meant.

“She can’t tell me what to do at school.” Now he got it.

“Oh…So we’re never allowed to see you out side o school? Ever?” Mikey didn’t know Frank’s mother that much…

“That’s what she said. I don’t –”

“Come with me.” Mikey grabbed Frank’s wrist violently and steered and steered him to the class room door.

“Where are you going!? It’s the middle of class!” The teacher furiously shouted.

“Bathroom!” Mikey shouted back once he dragged Frank to the hallway. He steered him all the way outside the school building. Frank was pulled to the passenger seat of Mikey’s stolen car.

Frank wanted to ask where they were going, but he could figure out the answer pretty quickly.

“We’re going to see Gerard.” Mikey could somehow read Frank’s mind, “Your mama don’t want ya there after school, then why not during…Plus I wanted a reason to leave, so this works out perfectly!” Mikey smirked as he drove out of the parking lot.

Frank wasn’t complaining at all. He really wanted to go see Gerard. He just didn’t want to get in trouble and have his mother find out.

They took a few twists and turns before finally reaching Gerard’s house. “He’s down stairs.” Mikey said as he climbed up the winding stair case. Frank nodded and walked the opposite way down.

Frank pushed the door of Gerard’s room open. There Gerard was, standing as gorgeous as ever. He did have his back faced to Frank and an ear to a telephone.

“Yes. Yes…When will you?” Gerard spoke into his phone. He sounded stressed and over worked.

“What!? What do you mean you don’t know!?” Gerard yelled and rank jumped.

“Whatever…Yes…Just get busy.” Gerard slammed his phone hard on the main box. Gerard then turned around and gave Frank a warm and welcoming hug. Frank returned the hug back with the same amount of passion.

“How are ya doin’ today, Frankie?” Gerard smiled and kissed Frank’s chocolate tuffs of hair. Frank had always had nice hair. So did Gerard. So tuff. The neighbor hood could never deny that. It would be a shame I they ever have to cut it.

Frank smiled warmly and nodded. “How are you?” Though, Frank hadn’t answered Gerard’s question in words, his beaming smile was so enthusiastic, Gerard got the message. Gerard was just as eager to see Frank.

“Alright–” Gerard adjusted his hands so they were clinging to Frank’s waist. Frank actually interrupted Gerard by asking,

“Did you know I was going to come?” Gerard’s reaction to Frank’s arrival had been much laid back and calm.

“Nope.” He smirked. “I just saw you walk in.” Frank giggled a bit. Gerard pulled Frank over to his bed; resting the latter down in his arms. Frank always loved to held by Gerard- even on the first day they met, he fucking loved it. Gerard lent against his pillows with Frank on his side.

“Can I ask what you did today?” Frank inquired his lover. Gerard rolled his eyes playfully and made a ‘pfft’ sound, laughing quietly in the process. Allowed, of course Frank was allowed.

For the record- typing ‘pfft’ has been extremely difficult…So is that word…I need to switch to my school computer…

“Of course you can. Thanks for asking, actually. I took the day off of work…” Gerard shrugged as if it was no big deal. He tried not to sound too suspicious.

“Really? Why?” Even Frank knew greasers were dirt poor and needed to work endless hours to make a living.

“No reason. Just got bored…” Gerard also knows that rule too.

“You got bored? How do you get bored at work?” Frank can feel the amount of annoyance in his lover’s veins. “I’m sorry. You don’t have to tell me at all…” Gerard had noticed before that Frank’s voice has gotten quieter and less- but this was a freaking record.

“No, hun. Of course I’ll tell you.” Gerard put on his rare cheery voice. “It’s not a big deal. You don’t need to be sorry. It’s actually a funny story.” Gerard smiled with Frank. He started to stroke the boy’s hair.

“I was at work. At the counter. My boy Brian, he started hollerin’ at me to do my job and get in the damned kitchen. I did as he said with no question. “Then I saw Ray yellin’ at the new kid. Next thing ya know, you’re cooking some old man a fuckin’ steak and soup for breakfast.”

Gerard’s next sentence was said with much annoyance. “The fuckin’. Kid. Fucked up on making regular soup… I start screaming at him or not being able to boil water- then I through it at him…I got sabbatical!”

“Wow- Gerard. You’re so–”

“Crazy? Mental? Insane?”

“I was actually going to say awesome.” Frank had always thought of Gerard as an excellent story teller. He could even be a writer if he had the patience.

“Oh! Well, thank you, sugar.” Frank giggled.

“Did the kid get hurt?” Gerard giggled too. He was actually quite proud for hurting the kid- for some odd but awesome reason he couldn’t explain.

“Yeah, he also was sent home. Face all red. It was hilarious.” Frank gasped mightily loud. “You a’ight, sugar?”

“Yes.” Frank was never fond of violence- considering recent events. “That’s-that’ actually kind of funny.” Frank started to giggle again. Gerard loved seeing the boy laugh. He also started to giggle but stopped when his mouth started to ache. “Gerard? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, baby. My teeth just felt weird for a moment…I must have yanked my jaw before when I was yelling…” Gerard shrugged. It didn’t really hurt at all. It just felt weird,- like he could just feel it. It didn’t hurt.

“Oh, does it hurt?” Frank poked his cheek lightly.

“No. Not at all. It just- you know how it is after you’re done yelling. and it’s the aftermath inside your mouth. Know what I’m sayin’?” Even though Gerard didn’t make any sense, Frank understood what he really meant.

“Are you sure you’re feeling good? Your wounds look better.” Gerard wanted to change the subject. He didn’t really care that much about his tiny teeth.

“Yeah.”

“What did your mother have to say? She looked very…angry.” Frank looked down at his feet nervously. He hated this part of the conversation.

“Uhh…She said that…I wasn’t…allowed to visit you anymore.” For some reason, Frank said that sentence very quiet; hoping that Gerard wouldn’t hear. He didn’t want Gerard to hear that. He couldn’t. he shouldn’t. And all the things that you never ever told meh!

“Is that why you’re here during school hours?” Gerard felt deeply hurt- not because or at Frank. Not because of any human per se. Just that he really wanted and hoped to see Frank again.

“Yeah.” Gerard did feel better knowing that Frank would rebel against his very own mother and school just to be with Gerard.

“You’ll be in trouble. You don’t mind?”

“I don’t care! I don’t care!” Frank yelled. He actually spoke loudly for the first time in a while. Gerard beamed with pride at this young boy.

“Perfect.” Gerard made a little side smirk –the one he always does when he’s thinking.

“How so?”

Gerard didn’t answer. Instead he kissed Frank passionately on his soft and tender lips. It wasn’t because he hurt too much –he did- he felt completely safe with Gerard. Honestly, he did. Frank just didn’t like being touched at all. Mainly because of the sudden movement that scared him.

Gerard seemed to notice that as he felt Frank sitting there, stiff and tense as a log. He soon pulled back with a questioning gaze.

“Sweetie? You okay?”

“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” Frank falsely nodded. For another odd reason, that had made Gerard angry. He wasn’t angry at Frank. No, never. He wasn’t angry at anything in particular. He was just angry for the hell of it.

“Please don’t lie to me, sweet heart. You don’t seem alright.” Something occurred to Gerard. He figured out that it was indeed the socs is what bothered Frank. But Gerard is Frank’s boyfriend. “Are you – are you afraid of…me?”

“What?”

“You heard me. Are you scared– of me?”

“Umm…” Frank stuttered so elegantly. “I- I dunno…No.”

“Then why are you so tensed up around me? It breaks my heart to see you hurt. You know that I could never ever hurt you in my life.”

“…yes.” Frank whispered the answer to Gerard’s previous question. Just then, Gerard’s heart turned to black dust and nearly shot out his ass. It physically hurt to hear Frank speak about that. About being afraid of Gerard. It hurt bad.

“What?” Gerard asked again to make sure he was hearing correctly.

“Sometimes…Sometimes I just get scared that you’re going to hurt me. That everybody is going to hurt me like that. Again. I know that you won’t hurt me. I just get frightened at sudden movement. I’ve learned to be way too cautious…I’m so sorry.”

Frank began to lightly cry. Not heavy pants and sobs, just one lone tear. Gerard felt as if he may cry as well. But he won’t.

“Oh, bunny, please. Please don’t cry.” Gerard begged. “I will never hurt you. Nobody will ever hurt you as long as I breathe. I will never let that…I will hurt Patrick. I will shed and spill his unholy blood. I will kill him.”

“No. No, please don’t do that to him. Don’t kill him.”

“He fucking deserves it! –“

“He said that I deserve it.”

“And you’re going to listen to that cunt? That fucker?” Frank didn’t answer. He couldn’t. He didn’t know how to. “I’m so sorry. I’m always so sorry. You do not deserve this. You of all people…”

Gerard began to feel tears, but he couldn’t let them show. He wanted to show Frank that he’s strong and he can always be trusted.

“What…What would you even do to him?”

Frank and Gerard were both interrupted by the sounds of heavy annoying foot steps by none other than Mikey. He burst into the bedroom panting.

“Frank…Frank!...” Mikey mumbled in between breathes. “We’ve got a problem.”

Gerard and Frank both looked up at Mikey; faces full of confusion. “What?”

“Fuzz. Outside. Here. What the fuck, Frank?”

Next chapter: “NOT AGAIN!”
Sign up to rate and review this story