Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Twenty-Two

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-02 - Updated: 2012-11-02 - 1085 words - Complete

0Unrated
Thursday Night/ Friday Morning
Frank

My mom had gone to bed almost an hour ago, and I finally decided it was time to get some sleep. It had been a long, emotional day. However, as soon as I crawled into bed I found myself thinking about Gerard. I couldn’t break up with him, I just couldn’t. He loved me so much, and I loved him too. But Mikey had been in my life for as long as I could remember. He was my best friend.

Why couldn’t I have both of them?

I tried closing my eyes, hoping that would drive out the thoughts. Obviously, that didn’t work. As soon as my eyes were closed images of Gerard, beaten and broken filled my mind. It was terrible. There’s nothing worse than seeing people you care about looking so helpless.

I forced my eyes open. Even in the dim light from the moon coming in the window, I could still see the terrible images. Gerard always seemed so strong, seeing him like that was sickening.

All of a sudden exhaustion shook me. I could barely keep my eyes open, but I knew if I closed them the images of Gerard would come back. Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone rang. I was just going to let it ring, but it must be something important. People don’t call you in the middle of the night for no reason.

I climbed out of bed and walked to my dresser where my phone was sitting. “Hello?” I quickly answered. I didn’t bother looking at the screen. My eyes were adjusted to the dark and I didn’t want to blind myself.

I waited a few seconds, waiting for the person on the other end of the line to answer. “Hello?” I questioned again. If no one answered this time, I was going to try and get some sleep.

“So, you’re the guy who thinks he can have my Gerard, huh? You don’t sound like much.” I had never heard this person’s voice before, nor had I ever met him, but I knew exactly who it was. It could only be Bert.

“How did you get this number?” I had no idea why he was calling me in the middle of the night, but I knew it couldn’t be for a good reason. This guy was bad news.

“Let’s just say we have mutual friends. Now, what makes you think you can have my Gee?” His Gee? Gerard didn’t belong to him anymore, and he never did.

“What do you want?” My voice was stern. I refused to let my emotions through.

I heard him laugh. It sounded like nails on a chalkboard, and made me want to gag. Even though I couldn’t see him, I had a very clear picture of what he looked like. It was disgusting. “I think you know exactly what I want: Leave Gerard alone.” His voice was hard.

I shook my head, gripping the phone tighter. “No. You can’t control me, and you definitely can’t have Gerard.”

He laughed again. “That really is a shame. I’ve really grown close to your friend here. What’s his name... Mikey?” I heard movement in the background, and then “Frank! Please, I’m sorry, but just do what he wants.”

Mikey? What was he doing with Bert? I was going to be sick. This couldn’t be happening.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Bert’s voice in my ear once again. “So, you can have your friend, as long as you promise to never see Gerard again.”

My knuckles were turning white from holding the phone so tightly. Earlier today I said I was going to leave Gerard alone, and just live without him or Mikey in my life. Now, I wasn’t so sure I could do it. Not now, knowing that Bert was going to take him back. What if he hurt him again? I couldn’t live with myself.

Bert took my silence as acceptance of the deal. “I’ll meet you at the park at noon tomorrow. You better not be late.” Before I had a chance to say anything he hung up.

I felt like throwing my phone across the room, but knew I shouldn’t. I didn’t want to wake my mom up. She didn’t need to know what was going on. This whole situation was crazy. Bert was worse than I thought.

What have I got myself into?

Letting out a deep breath, I placed my phone as gently as I could on my dresser before crawling back into my bed. I was wide awake now, no hint of drowsiness anywhere.

It was official. This had been the longest, most dramatic day of my life. It’s like everything hit me at once. The only thing missing is my dad coming back, or even someone breaking into the house.

As I stared up at the ceiling, I couldn’t help but shed a few tears. Everything that I had been holding in all night, was finally all coming out. My whole body was shaking with sobs. I was completely miserable. It seemed like nothing would ever be okay, no matter what.

Tomorrow I was supposed to meet Bert. But why? Why did he want to talk to me? I could have promised never to see Gerard again over the phone. Why did he have to see me in person? None of it made any sense, and I couldn’t shake the bad feeling it gave me.

I’d heard stories of what Bert had done to Gerard. What if he tried hurting me? But he wanted to meet in a public place... It was all a mess. I just hope I can get both Gerard and Mikey out of this mess. Maybe then Mikey will see that I never used him. He’s still my best friend and I care about him. I just happen to care about Gerard too. My feelings for Gerard are stronger than they ever were for anyone else.

Maybe this will all work out. Just maybe.

A//N: Oh my goodness. I just want to say thank you to everyone who reads, reviews, and rates this. It means more to me than you can ever know! So, keep it up. I love seeing what you guys think :)
Sign up to rate and review this story