Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Honeysuckle Care Home

Cold Nights

by tmbfucks 16 reviews

Why are you so scared?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-11-06 - Updated: 2012-11-06 - 1223 words - Complete

3Original
Frank's P.O.V

Penina started crying. She wiped her tears on her sleeves.

‘Please don’t tell anyone. It’s bad enough here as it is. Why can’t any of those guys leave me alone?’ She asked angrily.

‘I won’t, but you can’t do it at all. I just don’t want anyone to feel that sad. Not ever.’ I told her. She looked at me.

‘Why are you so nice all of a sudden? I was a bitch to you as soon as I came into the room.’ She asked. She was smiling in confusion.

‘Well, let’s just say I can sympathize.’ I said. I pulled up one of my sleeves revealing some old scars. ‘That’s just one of the reasons as to why I’m here.’ I told her. ‘My mum just gave us up one day. We were too mentally unstable. A danger to ourselves. She couldn’t look after us anymore.’ I added.

‘My mum was a teenager when I was born. I’ve hated her since I knew about her. I just wish she’d have an abortion.’ She confessed.

‘Well, I’m glad she didn’t. I’m not being funny, but that was probably the most exciting thing to happen around here in a while.’ I told her.

‘Is it that boring over here?’ She asked. I giggled.

‘Yeah. We’re never allowed out unless there’s enough staff to be with us.’ I answered. We started walking back to my room.

‘I hate being locked up. That’s the reason why I was kicked out of one of my foster homes. I hate being tossed around.’ She said. I closed our bedroom door behind us.

‘You shouldn’t worry about that over here. No one wants us. That’s kind of why we’re here.’ I said.

‘I’m used to that.’ She said. She started looking at all my things. My posters, my guitar, my pictures. She admired everything through her sparkling green eyes that still, somehow, had a bit of innocence in them, even after what she’s been through. Her long, straight, chestnut brown hair was a bit messy from the wind and the fighting, and her full fringe sat just above her eyes. I don’t know why I’m noticing these things about her though. I’ve only just met her, and the moment we saw each other, we tried to kill each other.

‘Do you like music?’ I asked conversationally. She shrugged.

‘I guess. I don’t really pay any attention to it though. It’s just something that comes through the radio until you go somewhere.’ She said.

‘Well, I’m gonna have to change that. Music’s amazing.’ I said.

‘Really? Why do you like it so much?’ She asked sounding genuinely interested.

‘I don’t know what it is. It’s just awesome. The lyrics, the rhythm. It saved my life. What do you like?’ I asked.

‘Don’t laugh, but I like The Sims. I like creating myself, and I make parents who love me, and I have some siblings. Sometimes I even have a dog. I live in a homely place, and I just live my life to the fullest with the most amazing family. It’s like my fantasies are coming to life. Is that stupid?’ She asked. I smiled and shook my head.

‘Of course not. Nothing’s stupid here. And actually, that’s really clever. No one here’s ever thought of doing that.’ I answered.

‘You have the game here?’ She asked.

‘Well, Addie does. Don’t hang out with her by the way. She’s horrible. She only has it because she got it for her birthday one year, and she wanted it because it sounded like her last name, Simms.’ I answered.

‘Who’s Addie?’ Penina asked.

‘She’s the bully here. She’s been picking on everyone. You need to meet everyone by the way, but we can do that tomorrow. I’m sure you’ve had enough for one day.’ I answered. She smiled.

‘Yeah, I guess. Does your sister sleep in this room?’ She asked.

‘She was at first, but then she made friends with Hozzie and Taylor, and they had so many sleepovers together, that they just ended up moving her in there.’ I answered. Penina smiled.

‘Is there anywhere I can get changed?’ She asked.

‘Uh, yeah, there’s an en suite bathroom behind that door.’ I said pointing to the bathroom. She nodded her head, and went in with her pyjamas. I stripped quickly into mine too. Well, I don’t wear the top of my pyjamas unless it’s really cold, and it’s not, so I was just in my bottoms. Mia walked in sucking her thumb.

‘Is the girl who hurt you going to prison?’ She asked. I giggled at her question and shook my head.

‘No Mia. That was just a misunderstanding between us. Her name’s Penina. She’s actually pretty nice once you get to know her, and we will, but we’re going to have to do that tomorrow.’ I said picking her up and sitting her on my lap.

‘I don’t want you to be hurt.’ She said.

‘Don’t worry honey. I had it under control. Well done for getting a grownup though.’ I said. She smiled and gave me a cuddle. Penina stumbled out of the bathroom wearing a short sleeved pyjama shirt, pyjama bottoms, and bed socks.

‘You’re gonna have to shave your beard and moustache elsewhere. At least, I hope that’s what it is.’ She said.

‘Calm down! That is what it is. Okay Mia, time for bed.’ I said.

‘I need to tuck everyone in first.’ She said. I rolled my eyes.

‘Okay, tuck us in, but then it’s time for bed.’ I said. Mia nodded her head. She tucked me in like she usually did, and then she tucked Penina in. Penina thanked her, but she sounded terrified.

‘Bye Frankie. Bye Penina.’ Mia said.

‘Goodnight Mia. I love you.’ I said. As soon as she left and closed the door, Penina kicked the duvet off, and I could hear her crying. ‘Penina, what’s wrong?’ I asked.

‘I just don’t like duvets. I don’t like being in one.’ She answered.

‘Are you okay?’ I asked.

‘Fine. It’s just that, I feel so trapped in one. Like I can’t escape if anything happens.’ She answered.

‘It’s alright Penina.’ I said. I jumped out of the bed to comfort her. I stroked her back a few times until she calmed down, and she fell asleep soon after. I wonder what made her so scared of that. I hope I can make it okay though. People deserve to have that comfort of duvets. I’m going to make sure she gets it.

WOW!!! Thank you guys for all the rates! It's a green chapter and I'm so happy!!! On the downside, I've got a cough as an after affect from a sore throat I had last week, but I'm just sO HAPPY ASDFGHJKL!!!!! Haha. I'm so glad you liked this story so far, and I hope you liked this chapter! Rate and review please! XD xx
Sign up to rate and review this story