Categories > Original > Horror >

Chapter 4

by owlicesezhoot 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-26 - Updated: 2013-04-20 - 503 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5.

In the end i work out were headed for Hyde park for, as jake puts it  'OMFG LET'S HAVE A PICNIC!!!' So instead of heading straight for the park, we pull into a small sainsbury's to buy our "picnic". We eventually walk out with two carrier bags full of tiger bread, cheese, crisps, apples, strawberries, grapes, bananas, chocolate fingers, haribos, milk chocolate digestives, paper plates and cups and a two litre bottle of diet coke. Then we stop off back at the car where jake produces a picnic rug from the boot. God knows how he could predict this happening, but that's jake for you. So finally we head for the park and find the perfect spot to sit under the shade of an oak tree. Jake lays out the rug and the food, before getting a mini speaker out of his bag and putting his iPod on quietly, so only we can hear.  The picnic is actually really tasty and we have a good laugh, launching grapes at each other and trying to catch them in our mouths ( fairly unsuccessfully I have to admit.) when we're done eating we stuff all the rubbish back into the sainsbury's bags and fold up the rug. We make our way over to the deserted play area and sit on the swings for a while, just talking about random shit. 

Eventually it starts to get cold and my butt goes numb, so we go back to the car. 'what shall we do now? I don't feel like going home yet..' 'me neither... Um... Hey, how 'bout we go to the cinema?' 'yeah! We can go see that new horror film, Evil Dead! It looks really good!' 'alrighty then! Let's go!' and with a grin, jake reverses out of the car park. 

The film is really awesome, but I'm not gonna lie, there are parts that even I cover my eyes at. When it's over, we head back through the foyer, already recounting the scariest parts, when a dark figure just outside grasps my attention. I'm almost certain I recognize his outline, something about the slant of his shoulders rings a bell, but I can't work out who it is. I can feel eyes on me as we walk back to jakes car; the hairs on the back of my neck are prickling. I glance into the shadows as I do up my seatbelt, and my breathe catches when my gaze is met by an unnervingly familiar pair of dark eyes. Kyle. Thats twice I'd seen him in as many days. Coincidence? Or something more? Don't be stupid Hayley, like he'd want anything to do with you! It's a small area, he's probably just getting his bearings on the new town. Even so, It sits  in the back of my mind as jake drives me home. He can talk enough for two people so I only have to give the odd reply, meaning my mind can wander back to mystery guy. 
Sign up to rate and review this story