Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

The Horrible News and the Happy Reunion

by Chatty_Pants 6 reviews

Nah.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-27 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 2737 words

3Moving
A slim redhead sat in the middle of a large field on a well-worn bench. The place was cheerful and lovely with the large rolling hills and bunches of different kinds of flowers but it didn't make the redhead cheerful. In fact, if even possible it made her sadder. She sighed sadly and brushed away her silent tears as she waited patiently and quietly for her music teacher. He was already at least ten minutes late (she didn't have a watch so she couldn't be sure) but that didn't bother her. Everywhere in that place looked the exact same so it could take hours to find what you were looking for. And just as the redhead was getting ready to go and see if she could find him, he came over a nearby hill and waved eagerly.
"Eurydice! Eurydice!" he called to the beautiful redhead from afar.
She waved back half-heartedly and gave a small smile. She had tried to tell him that her name wasn't Eurydice but Theresa. But no matter what she did he was still convinced that his beloved had finally come back to him.
"Yes, what is it Orpheus?"
"Haven't you heard? No, I guess you wouldn't of. The prophet Tiresias said that one of us heroes will be leaving us," Orpheus gasped between breaths.
"Why, that's wonderful!" "Eurydice exclaimed happily.
"Wonderful? Are you kidding? This is horrible!"
"What? Why?" Theresa asked in puzzlement.
"Because if one of us does leave, that person will have no clue what's going on up there. For all we know, it could still be the age of heroes or it could be the year 3000!"
Theresa had to admit that he was right. Not about it being the age of heroes still, the world was waaay past that, or about it being the year 3000. She knew for a fact that it wasn't the year 3000 or else her friends, particularly Jay, would be down here. But she had no clue how much time had passed. It only felt like that she had been here for a few hours but it could have twenty years for all she knew. Nonetheless, Theresa knew one thing. She had to get out of here. Yes, she had to admit Elysian Fields was beautiful, but was it ever mundane. The most exciting thing that had ever happened to her here was her appearance. After all, she was the first hero that had come since the Trojan War, give or take a few centuries. After that, it was watching and talking to Jay's ancestor Jason (Jay looked like an exact replica of him too) and Orpheus. Once or twice, she had even gotten a glance of her own ancestor Theseus.
Her train of thought was interrupted by Orpheus saying that it was time for her music lesson. She sighed as she bent down to pick up her lyre. She froze though once she saw Jason walk by. She stared at him and to her embarrassment, he turned his head and smile at her. Her thoughts immediately went to Jay as she wondered what he was doing and what would've happened if she didn't die. And once again, much to her annoyment, dear, sweet Orpheus started snapping his fingers in front of her face. When she looked back at him sheepiously, she expected a smile. Instead, she saw a look of shock.
"Orpheus, what is it? What's wrong?" Theresa asked with concern.
"Y-y-you're dis-disappearing!" he managed to stutter.
Theresa looked down and saw that true to his word, her normally solid white hands were indeed becoming transparent.
Back at Cronus' eerie cave, Cronus was having a lot more luck than he ever thought possible. He had noticed that Jay wasn't concentrated on the fight like he usually was, so Cronus was actually winning. He had given Jay a few cuts and bruises but nothing to medically important.
Jay on the other hand, wasn't having as much luck. Even a sloth would've been luckier and done a lot better than he was at the moment. Most of the fight had just been mindless blocking ever since what he thought he had seen. Every few minutes though, he would stop blocking and just stand still. Whenever he had paused for that moment, Cronus ran up and slashed Jay with his scythe. That brought Jay painfully back to reality. He winced grimly before blocking both of Cronus' scythes.
Jay was being to pant heavily and was about to drop dead from exhaustion when a sudden though occurred to him. He knew for a fact that he had heard that murmur because the Cronus and his lackeys looked like they heard it too. And it was definitely feminine. He wasn't too sure about the finger moving though. It could've just been wishful thinking or his imagination. He had also caught it out of the corner of his dark brown eye, so it could've been that too. But she did make small sound. And if she did in fact move that meant that she was alive!
This thought gave Jay a whole new burst of energy. He raised his head slowly and panted heavily. His almost tanned hair covered his face so he looked like he had come out of the movie The Ring (I think it was The Ring anyways, correct me if I'm wrong). He ran up to Cronus with his sword raised above his head and brought it down. He sliced Cronus' two scythes in half and the top part with the blades came crashing to the ground. Cronus looked down at sharp yellow blades on the floor and back up at Jay with shock and fury on his cold eyes. Once again to Cronus' surprise, Jay pushed Cronus so he fell into the fountain of murky green water.
The pool was a lot deeper than Jay thought because instead of Cronus landing in shallow water he sunk down to the bottom with a big splash. Some of the water came up and landed on Jay making him even damper. The reason he was damp in the first pace was from the sweat in the fight. He noticed just then the condition of his clothes. Well if they could even be called clothes now. Both his sweater and his jeans were tattered to shreds. It was amazing that they even worked as armor during the fight. He was also amazed that he had even lasted this long considering the state his clothes were in.
He raised his hand to wipe his sweaty brow and instead of his hand being his normal color, it came off covered in red. What he had originally thought was perspiration dripping down his face was blood. In fact, he was bleeding from almost every part of his body. Not every part, but most of it. He struggled to figure out how he had gotten cut on the head, the others were from Cronus striking him every chance he got. He then remembered his incident with the pile of scythes. He stared in wonder at his badly cut hands when he heard the best thing ever.
"JAY!"
The high-pitched feminine voice echoed off the rocky walls of the cave. Jay looked up with both relief and happiness etched on his face. They both disappeared shortly and were replaced with a look of fury when he saw Cronus crawl out of the pool. He sputtered madly as he roared making the walls shake.
"You will pay for that!"
Cronus ran toward Jay and was prepared to beat him to death with the two wet, black sticks he held. Jay entered a stance ready for the assault that was about to come. Suddenly, a large, silver object came flying from behind Jay. He jumped sideways in surprise just as the swishing object hit Cronus on the face with a load and painful smack! Cronus flew backward and landed right in the pool again.
Jay turned around and saw the girl of his dreams gripping onto the railing of the filthy bed grimacing in pain. She was breathing slowly taking in the air that she had not used for so long. Jay dropped his sword and it clattered to the ground with an ear-shattering clang. He brushed away the few tears that were falling as he ran as fast as he could to Theresa. She stood up shaking and tried to meet Jay half way when her knees buckled beneath her and she felt herself falling to the ground. Her legs were as stiff as a piece of cardboard and she had used up practically all her strength when she threw that metal bar. She closed her eyes ready to meet the cold hard floor when she felt herself pause. In fact, instead of falling she was doing the exact opposite. She was rising up from the ground and met sudden warmth.
When she opened her eyes she noticed that she was in Jay's arms. He was hugging her fiercely like he was never going to let her go. But something felt weird about this hug to her. It didn't feel friendly. In fact, it felt like something more, something much more. It felt lovingly. But it couldn't of been possible. Nonetheless, she hugged him back only to have it broke, to her disappointment. But Jay still held onto her shoulder because he wasn't going to be letting go of her anytime soon. At first he wasn't sure if it was really her but after staring into her bright green eyes, he knew it was her. Only Theresa had eyes that pure and thoughtful. After staring into her eyes for what felt like hours, he was finally able to speak.
"I can't believe you're really here! Oh wait, yes I can. Maybe I don't though. I..."
Jay never got to finish his sentence before one of Theresa's long, slender fingers laid across his lips.
"I know,"
She smiled as her hand went up and touched the golden locket that lay around her neck. Jay laughed happily as he brought her in for another "friendly" hug. Their heads face each other and got closer and closer and closer when...
"Jay and Theresa sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"
Both turned around and saw Herry sighing the song that most couples hate to hear. The others stood behind him trying not to laugh. But Archie and Atlanta were both unsuccessful in their attempts. Atlanta was leaning on Archie's shoulders shoulder for balance so she would not fall over in conquering laughter. Theresa and Jay both gave a small smile because if either Atlanta or Archie tried to tease them about it, they would have something to make them both stop, if even for a minute.
Theresa and Jay began to walk toward the rest of the team. Theresa had tried to do it by herself but fell as soon as she let go of Jay. Once again, he caught her as she fell to the floor. He draped her arm over his shoulders and his around her neck. Jay helped her walk toward the others with them both blushing slightly and Theresa smiling meekly. They were almost to their friends and teammates when they heard a low, deep growl coming from in behind them.
"Impossible!"
Everyone turned around and saw Cronus standing near the swirling pond dripping wet. His salt and pepper hair was plastered to his face and his suit was sticking to his body like glue. His face was red with anger for the seven teenagers and for mankind. He stepped toward them gingerly, trying not to slip and fall back in to the pond from the puddles he was making.
"She's supposed to be dead!" Cronus exclaimed pointing at Theresa. "And you! You. You're supposed to be dead as well by now!"
Everyone smiled amused at Cronus' out burst as they started to advance. Archie and Atlanta were in the lead smiling wickedly at Cronus. Herry, Odie, and Neil were behind them with Herry cracking his stiff knuckles and Neil quickly checking his reflection in the gold plated mirror. And Theresa and Jay took the rear as Jay as trying to help Theresa walk. Cronus smiled maliciously before waving his hand and conjuring up a portal.
"Next time you meddling heroes. Next time," Cronus called out before leaving. His giants ran up as fast as they could, occasionally tripping over their two left feet.
Neil was about to say something about Cronus when the portal suddenly appeared on the other side of the room. The titans were highly confused at this. Cronus on the other hand was pressing something that looked like buttons on a remote like object. Theresa, Jay, Odie, Atlanta, Herry, Archie, and Neil began to wonder what he was doing when the heard him mutter a few intelligible words.
"Stupid. Remote. Forgot. Change. Portal. Brings. Lair."
Cronus was pressing every single button on his remote frantically. He team of friends once again began to run toward him so that they could kick the crap of the God of Time.
"Well, I guess its next time already," Herry said.
His friends gave a small chuckle, as they got closer. Ctonus looked up with what fear on his face. The titans paused for a second at what had just happened. Cronus noticed everyone's pause so he began to push all the buttons faster. Finally, a portal appeared and they saw Cronus utter a small prayer before he and the giants stepped in.
Everyone had recovered from the previous shock and began to run toward the disappearing portal, with the exception of Theresa and Jay. Surprisingly, Archie was in the lead. He ran toward it as fast as he could but it vanished as soon as he got within half a foot of it. Archie went to stop but slipped on a puddle left by our dripping went Cronus. Since he couldn't stop running he ran smack straight in to the wall of the cave. This caused the lair to shake a made rocks fall to the ground from the roof.
"Cave in!"
Atlanta ran up to the dazed Archie and lifted him up off the ground just in time. Right where Archie was just a moment ago a stalactite fell from the ceiling. Archie jumped back in surprise and gave a large swallow. He could've been killed if Atlanta hadn't helped his up.
"Thanks Atlanta. I owe you won,"
"Well that makes about ten that you owe me then," Atlanta joked.
"This isn't time for joking guys! We have to get out of here!" Jay yelled at the two friends.
"Good plan Jay. Except one thing! How do we get out of here?" Odie shouted over the rumbling of the cave.
"Over there!"
Everyone looked toward where Jay was pointing and saw the tunnel that Jay had entered through. Herry ran over toward Jay and helped him carry Theresa. Some rocks fell over to the beginning of the tunnel and almost blocked it. There was just enough room to sneak past a small crevasse. But they would have to hurry.
They ran toward the tunnel entrance and squeezed through the small opening one at a time. Jay was the last one through. Just before he left a huge rock came and closed it off. He had to dive to avoid being smushed. The others were already ahead and they called out in fear.
"Hurry!"
Jay quickly got off of the floor and ran to the exit. He had to use his reflexes countless time to avoid the hordes of falling rocks. After running for at least ten minutes with his chest feeling heavily he glimpsed the exit. He heard the others urging him on telling him to hurry up. As soon as he burst through the exit a group of rocks were falling and blocked it. Once his feet had touched the grass, he fell over in exhaustion.

Wow. This was a long chapter. Sorry it took me so long but I hit a small dose of writers block at a certain part in the story. This was ten pages in my notebook and nine pages on Microsoft word. The whole entire story is 55 pages. The next chapter will be for sure my last chapter but I can't update for a week though. I'll be at my mom's again. Please r&r. I will appreciate it!
Sign up to rate and review this story