Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

The Voice

by -lIzZy- 5 reviews

When Jay finally concedes to singing, the titans are shocked to find that he might actually be...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-28 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 1196 words

2Ambiance
When the music started playing, the crowd turned to the new face on stage, who was currently setting himself up behind the piano. Theresa, who at that moment had Jonathan's arms around her, immediately took control of the dancing so that she could face Jay and try to puzzle out that mysterious wink he had given her when she finally heard him sing. It was...perfect!

*********************
You can dance, every dance with the guy who gives you the eye let him hold you tight.
*********************

Caught by surprise with the words that were coming out of his mouth, she knew that the song was directed solely for her, and she was, like everyone else set into a daze with perfection shooting out to the further most reaches of the building. The crowd drew quieter and quieter with every syllable coming out of the young man's mouth. His voice drawing everyone in with it's smooth as velvet touch. Silently anticipating that miraculous voice.

*********************
You can smile every smile for the man who held your hand underneath the pale moonlight.
But don't forget who's taking you home, and in who's arms you're gonna be, so darling save the last dance for me.
*********************

Daring to sneak a peak at his friends, he was both rewarded and frustrated to find them lost for words. He knew he shouldn't have bothered to go up, but if Theresa was going to fall for a Swinger...it sure as hell wasn't going to be Jonathan.

*********************
Oh I know that the music's fine like sparkling wine go and have your fun,
Laugh and sing, but while we're apart don't give your heart to anyone one.
And don't forget who's taking you home, and in who's arms you're gonna be, so darling save the last dance for me.
*********************

His voice emanating so much richness and ease, it was so strong, and yet so very gentle, it just seemed caress your very soul and make you want to wrap yourself up in his voice. Dangerously enchanting! Theresa knew she had to catch her self before she found herself nodding to whatever he said with that pureness of voice.

*********************
Baby don't you know I love you so? Can't you feel it when we touch? I will never never let you go! I love you oh so much.
*********************

At this she blushed looking up at him, catching a familiar wink from the producer of the very entertainment random people off the street were coming into see in order to learn who was capturing the attention of all that was around him.

*********************
You can dance go and carry on until the night is dawn and it's time to go,
If he asks if you're all alone can he walk you home you must tell him no!
Cause don't forget who's taking you home and in who's arms you're gonna be...save the last dance for me
*********************

At the table no wanted to interrupt what was happening before their eyes. When he got up from music sectional getting ready for the finale they almost thought the piano was playing itself. Even the instruments seemed to be playing with an utter joy no instrument in the world had ever had a chance of being near.

*********************
Oh I know that the music's fine like sparkling wine go and have your fun,
Laugh and sing but while we're apart don't give your heart to anyone.
And don't forget who's taking you home and in who's arms you're gonna be, so darling save the last dance for me

So don't forget who's taking you home...or in who's arms you're gonna be...so darling save the last save the last dance for me
Oh baby won't you save the last dance for me
Oh you make me promise that you'll save the last dance for me
Save the last dance
The very last dance for...me
*********************

With the last words, the crowd jumped off their seats and exploded with an applause they were sure China could hear. Atlanta, Archie, Herry, Odie, and Neil were no exception. They had to clap, because they were pretty sure there was no way they were going to verbally congratulate him when they were as flabbergasted as they were...Jay could really sing.
Theresa who was still partially dazed from the sheer closeness of the song, radiated joy to anyone who was within a mere touch of her. Jay liked her...like liked her...loved her for Pete's sake. This was actually turning out to be a pretty good night.
What no one really noticed, was the slight tinge of green the singer was turning. He had just broken his vow to stop singing, and now he felt completely wretched. The memory of his brother put to shame with this mere slip to gain the heart of a girl and satisfy his jealousy. Walking off stage he was blasted yet again with a rip-roaring applause that put the older one to shame. Looking around he saw Theresa slightly flushed and looking at him with so much emotion in her eyes he almost deemed his actions worth it. She walked over to him and held out her hand.
"Do you think you could do me the honour of the next dance?"
He graciously took her hand and led her deeper onto the dance floor taking position before the next song started, "I humbly accept," he whispered into her ear making her giggle.

As the night carried on, Jonathan eventually met up with the gang at their table, with the exception of Jay and Theresa of course, who were still up on the dance floor, unwilling to surrender each other's company.
"Not to bad for a guy who hasn't sung in almost five years don't you think?" he asked.
"No, not bad at all," agreed Atlanta, followed by a chorus of nods. "Did you see the way he played too?"
"Yep, Jay's been a master of the Piano and guitar since almost seven," he whispered glancing over at his cousin who was still dancing with the pretty red head. "He certainly didn't put his gift to shame tonight, that's for sure!"
*
Meanwhile somewhere deep below...

"Agnon!" shouted Cronus, "I do believe we've found what we've been looking for." Glancing into the pool of water below him and the image if Jay singing he added, "this is just the bargaining chip I needed to gain the assistance of the Muses." " Soon," he whispered, "soon I shall be king again...very soon."

*
While at the same time at the club after everyone had left. Jonathan and his band remained.
"You played well tonight," he commented, slapping the drummer on his back, "I could have sworn that you were another person altogether!"
"But Jon," he said hesitantly, "I didn't play for Jay...the drums...the horns...everything...seemed to have...a mind of its...own."
"What...but that's impossible?"

_________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked it? Plz R&R

And think of the voice as sounding somehting like Michael Bublé if that help any.

The stars show the singing...cause i can't seem to figure out how to get it BOLD. Hope no one found it too confusing!
Sign up to rate and review this story