Categories > Original > Humor > Army Of Two

Chapter 5. (Forest)

by ImAFlyingDonkey 0 reviews

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-25 - Updated: 2013-01-25 - 622 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5.

Walking down a road to school is always depressing. But when your by yourself. Its always worse. I didn’t like to walk down the main road. There’s a corner shop down there. And all the populars hang around there. I avoid it at all costs.

I always take a detour by the park. Glancing at the ducks in the pond. And looking at the flowers in bloom. But mostly because it reminds me of when mum, Arnie and me. Would take a picnic every Sunday down here. We would sit on the red checked blanket, and eat our nutella sandwiches. We would chat about what holidays we would go on, our dream place to go. Even though we both knew she couldn’t afford to take me there. The closest we ever got to a holiday was when we stayed in London over night when dad was arrested for a fight in a bar.

This chat would be interrupted by a crazy chocolate lab chasing the ducks.

“Haay!! It’s Handie!!” Said a group of girls, who were applying their scanky make up. You see as if I didn’t get taken the piss out enough for my first name, my surname was Handie. And apparently in there dirty minded, twisted heads that’s rude. “What’s wrong Handie??! Cat got your tongue??”

“No but I bet all the boys have had your tongue!!” Yeah. I didn’t actually say that. I would have loved too, but I hate confrontation. My mum and dad always used to fight. And that ever got them anywhere. I just walked past them. I was going to get enough of this at school. I don’t need it before I’ve even got there.

As I turned into the gates some poplars where gathering by the stairs. I put my head down. And tried to be discrete. But always I can never do impossible tasks.

As I walked up the first step, Ty Dylan’s jumped back onto my feet. All I wanted to do was shout at this heavy thug that was planted on my feet. But I stayed quiet. And tried to move forward. Then Ty replied with “Look where your going!!! You f*ing idiot!!” It was his fault. He shouldn’t have stepped back, but still I was being stared at by all his gang. I recognised all of them. Jett, Ash, Kitty, Myra and Kent. They all gawped at me. Apart from Kent who looked quite puzzled.

“Don’t walk into me again!! Don’t even touch me!!” Ty screeched. I knew that me reacting was what he wanted. So I stayed quiet. Trying to look as cool as ice.
“Well say something then!!” I kinda had to reply to that, but before I could get a word out, “Ty. Just back off.” Oh my God. Was Kent Eastwood sticking up for me??
“Don’t be on her side!!” Ty shot back.
“I said back off, Ty.” Kent said cooly, not even flinching as Ty got up in his face menacingly. Ty and his wanna bes followed him into the building.

It was just Kent and me. Standing face to face. This hadn’t happened since year 5 when the teacher made him apologise to me in front of the whole class for taking my pencil case. Boy. I used to hate him. But how could I hate him now??!

“Are you ok??” He asked. I nodded. “Where are your friends??” He asked, I looked at the floor, concentrating on a bit of gum that looked like a penis. “Ahh.” this time he looked at the floor.
“Thanks.” I whispered. And walked off. What else could I have done??
Sign up to rate and review this story