Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Hello

Watching My Own Funeral

by darks00 1 review

Akward things happen, let's face it. What about watching your own funeral?

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 1031 words

0Unrated
DELILAH'S POINT OF VIEW:

I woke up today with the sound of Julius' alarm clock going off. I moaned in dissapointed. I was having a good dream...that I was ALIVE. Julius turned off the alarm clock, and went to the washroom.

I realized what day it was today, I remembered Julius and Al talking about it. It was my funeral. Julius been asked to say a few words about me, since he was the cloest to me. I could tell Julius was uncomfortable it, but Al convinced him it was for me.

Julius came out of the washroom With a black tux and a white tie. He took a brush, and started to comb his hair.

__________________________________________________________

AT MY FUNERAL:

The funeral was out in a cemetary just about ten minutes out of Halifax. There was lots of chairs, surprising me with the turn out. Of course, Julius, Al and Scarlett had front row. The priest's name was Father Kuz. He was up in front of the stand, wearing the long white preist robe, touching the ground.

About a meter in front of the stand and preist, was my black coffin, laying with my dead body shell. I guess all that matters is the inside. On it, was a recent picture of me, wearing my red dress and hair up. The was boques of beautiful roses, daisies, and every flower you can think of on top of the coffin.

Everyone was quiet, as Father Kuz began to read some prayers and the words of God from the bible. Everyone was already crying. The began to talk a little bit about my parents, but not much since it was confidental. They talked about the academy, my acomplicements, my friends and memories. People came up to say how'd they would miss me, and how they would know I'm in a happy place now. Never, in my wildest dreams, would I ever think I'd see my own funeral.

Father Kuz then gave a big cough. "Now, Julius Chevalier would like to come up and say a few words."

________________________________________________________

JULIUS' POINT OF VIEW:

I took a deep breathe. Everyone starred at me as I stood up and went up the the stand. I then put my mouth by the mike. I coughed. I took out a piece of neatly folded paper out of my chest pocket. I unfolded it, and began to speak:

"Delilah Devonshire was more than my spy partner...she was my best friend...my girlfriend...and she was and still is my everything."

"I remembered the first time I met Delilah. I knew she was different. I was more than over joyed to figure out she'd be my spy partner. She was easy to get along with, and we got to be friends right away."

"About three years later, Delilah and me began to date. She was the perfect girlfriend. She was so sweet...sensitive...caring...and was always there for me, through good and bad. I miss her so much, it hurts..."

I took my eyes off the paper. I was only about one fourth done my speech, but I suddenly lost my voice. I tried to shut my eyes for a second to stop the tears. I began to sweat, and my legs began to shake. When I finally opened my eyes, everyone was still starring at me. I tugged at my tie, not knowing what to do. I then couldn't hold my tears back any longer.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this," I cried out to the mike.

With that, I ran off the stand, some people gasping at my actions. I didn't care. I ran, not daring to wipe away my tears. Delilah, I only wished you didn't die thinking I cheated on you...I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I ran into the bushes, found an open oak tree, and sat down to think. I hid my face in my hands.

_________________________________________________________

DELILAH'S POINT OF VIEW:

Julius' speech was so beautiful, I was speechless. If only I could tell him that in person. I was more than surprised to see him run off. I found him under an oak tree. I sat beside him. It hurt so much knowing I couldn't help him, or even just give him a hug. I didn't know what to do.

"I'm lost without you, Delilah," muttered Julius in his hands to himself. "I don't know what to do..."

"Some funeral, huh?"

I gasped, as I turned around to see Mayhem. "STOP DOING THAT!"

"Sorry, I find it amuzing," said Mayhem, giving a little smirk. "Too much pressure on him, huh? Finally got to him? That's what I hate about you mortals...you have these stupid feelings..."

I didn't bother to answer. How could someone be so heartless?

"Just leave him alone. Sometimes people need there space," said Mayhem, taking my hand.

"I thought I was his guardian angel...to help him," I said.

"yes. But how would you like it if someone followed you all day long? have no privacy?" Mayhem asked me. -I didn't answer- "I thought so."

Mayhem took me deeper in the woods. "Julius just needs his space. He's very hurt right now, as you can tell. This is scars that won't heal."

"What am I supposed to do to help him?" I moaned.

"I told you. You can reach him in dreams." Mayhem said. "You can warn him."

"Warn him about what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Something bads going to happen to him," warned Mayhem. "You can stop this. Just warn him or something."

"What kind of bad thing?" I asked, now that she had my attention.

"I can't say. Some things you have to figure out yourself." Mayhem explained. "I'm the godess of death. It's against the rules to prevent death, I can only warn."

"Death? You mean he's going to die?" I asked in worry.

"If you don't prevent it. Just keep on eye on him. I'll see you later."

And just like that, in a snap, Mayhem was gone...again. I cursed under my breathe. What did she mean something bad was going to happen to Julius?

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story