Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > House At The End Of The Street

Chapter Two

by Hozzie 2 reviews

"Well no but he's a proper freak."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2013-02-23 - 947 words - Complete

0Unrated
"This is gonna be so lame." Missy muttered as they walked up the drive at the house right down the other end of the street from them.

"It'll be fun, trust me, we'll get to know the locals better." Ana whispered back, rolling her eyes then smiling brightly at a man with grey hair at a barbecue "Hi! It's great to meet you, I'm Ana and this is my daughter Missy. I brought some potato salad."

"Oh thank you. I'm Miles." The grey-haired man replied with a smile "Hey Missy, why don't you come talk to my son Ray? He's an hounourary student. He's round the back in the swimming pool with the kids. Great boy my Ray is. He's about your age."

"Okay." Missy said awkwardly then followed Miles' wife Julia round the back of the house where there was a large blue swimming pool filled with shrieking little kids and one teenage boy with brown curly hair.

"Ray!" Julia shouted, causing the curly haired boy to stop splashing a little girl and turn around to face his Mom "This is the new girl, Missy. Come out and say hello."

Ray pulled himself out of the pool and walked over to Missy while Julia went back to hang out with the adults. Ray wiped his hands on a towel then held one out to Missy "Hey, I'm Ray. And you're Missy?"

"Yep that's me." Missy replied, biting her lip as she shook Ray's hand.

"Are you into swimming Missy?"

"Not really." Missy said "I think I'll just watch if that's okay with you."

"Sure." Ray replied, going back to the edge of the pool while Missy sat on a deck chair "Watch out guys!" Ray yelled before leaping into the pool and splashing the majority of kids in there, causing them to laugh hysterically.




After the swimming, Ray dried himself off and got dressed then him and Missy went to have lunch with the adults while the little kids sat on a seperate table "I was wondering, does anyone live in the house opposite ours?" Ana asked "I saw a light switch on last night and it scared the hell outta me."

"Oh yeah, Frank Iero, their son lives there."

"What actually happened in that house?" Missy wanted to know.

"We're not entirely sure. One night their daughter Mia went crazy and killed both her parents."

"Well where was Frank when it happened?"

"He'd been living with his aunt and uncle for a long time. After she murdered her family, she ran off and went into hiding. There's a rumour that she's still out there in the forest." Ray said eeriely.

"Are you serious?" Missy asked, widening her eyes.

"Just ignore him Missy, we're pretty certain she drowned in the lake."

"But they never did find a body, I'm saying, it's a possibility." Ray said, shrugging his shoulders "Anyway then Frank moved back and claimed the house though we're trying to convince him to move."

"Why?" Missy asked, raising her eye-brows "I mean, it's his house. His family lived there."

"He keeps the house like a mess for a start, dragging the value of everyone else's house down as well." Julia sighed "He gives this neighbourhood a bad name."

"Has he ever done anything bad?"

"Well no but he's a proper freak." Ray said "But don't worry, we'll think of a way to get rid of him."

Everyone around the table except for Missy and Ana started laughing then started a new conversation as if the one about Frank had never happened.




"So what's Ray like?" Ana asked on the extremely long walk home.

"Kind of a geek. Bit of a mama's boy. I don't know." Missy shrugged her shoulders "I don't think I like them."

"They do seem a bit... Posh."

"Posh? More like up their own arses." Missy snorted "I mean, the way they were talking about Frank-"

"We've never met him, they could be telling the truth."

"His parents were murdered and his sister went missing!" Missy cried "I think that entitles him to be a bit weird, don't you?"

"I guess so." Ana yawned "Finally, we're home."

Ana started walking up the drive but Missy stopped when she heard a snapping branch. She whirled around but didn't see anything because it was so dark. So she shrugged her shoulders and made her way back into the house.




The next day at school, Missy sat outside school, tapping away messages on her mobile phone when Ray came over to her "Hey! Missy, right?"

"Yeah. And you're Ray." Missy smiled.

"So, are you doing anything home?"

Missy held up her phone "Just texting my friends back home, letting them know that I'm not dead or anything."

Ray laughed "Anyway, it'd be good to get to know you better and you're new and everything so maybe you should meet some new people." Ray shrugged his shoulders "Why not come to the end world hunger meeting at my house tonight?"

"Uhh well I would but me and my Mom were gonna have a movie night and stuff to celebrate her voice day at the hospital..."

"The hospital?"

"She works there. Oh wait, that's her." Missy said as her mobile started ringing "Hello?"

"Hey Missy, I'm gonna have to cancel movie night, they've asked me to work late."

"On your first day?"

"I know, I know, but I'm new so I couldn't really say no, could I?"

"It's okay, Ray's invited me to some end world hunger thing at his place..." Ray grinned and mimed being really happy, causing Missy to grin "What time will you be home?"

"Around midnight." Ana replied "Have a great time Sweetie."
Sign up to rate and review this story