Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Who Gives A Damn If We Lose The War?

Chapter 2

by intoyouricyblues 2 reviews

Keep running. (Or not.)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-02-26 - 1276 words

3Original
I slept relatively easy that night, with only one nightmare. It was about my brother Miles again, when I was still able to speak.

Nightmare/Flashback
The eleven-year-old girl continued to cling onto the sixteen-year-old boy tightly, fear in her wide navy eyes. "Miles, where're Mom and Dad?" she whispered. They were crouched in the attic, faces illuminated by a crack of light coming from the floor. They could hear thumps coming from the floor below them.

"Shh. You only call me by my killjoy name now, understand Ari?" he asked calmly. She nodded. "Mom and Dad are gone now. It's just you and me but I promise I'll protect you." he pulled Aria closer to him.

"Miles O'Rourke. . . Where are you, little boy?" a voice silkily called from below. Aria whimpered. "They're hiding in the attic, I know it. Grab his brat sister too." the voice hissed. Aria and Miles knew that voice well. It was Korse, the leader of the new group that had taken over Los Angeles. Everything they knew had changed. Los Angeles was now called Battery City, Better Living Industries was in charge of the country, and their parents were killed by roaming Draculoids. The door burst open with a band and the kids looked up at the bald, looming figure in front of them. Two S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ agents grabbed Aria and Miles roughly and held them in their grasps tightly. "Well, well, well. If it isn't out little Resistance fighter and his baby sister. Mr. O'Rourke, we've been looking for you." Korse gave a small smile.

"And now you've caught me. What are you gonna do now, huh Korse?" Miles snarled, flipping his neon green hair out of his face. "You think you're so strong but you'll never catch the rest of us." Korse lashed out and slapped Miles across the face and kicked him in the stomach. He grunted in pain.

"We could kill your sister." Korse mused darkly. Miles's eyes widened.

"No! Please!" Miles panted.

"Tell us where the rest of H.O.P.E. is and we won't harm her."

"Zone T-3."

"Thank you." Suddenly Korse whipped his laser gun out and shot Miles in the chest. His body hit the ground with a thud.

"MILES!" Aria shrieked. She fought to get out of the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ agent's grasp but failed so she slumped down on the floor and cried.

"Grab the kid and let's go." Korse muttered. The agent lifted Aria up and proceeded to drag her out of the room screaming and yelling for Miles. Her hands reached out for him but the agent jus lifted her up and carried her out.

"MILES!!!!"

"Nothing you can say will bring your dear brother back." Korse laughed smugly.

"He said he'd protect me," Aria sobbed.
End Nightmare/Flashback

I woke up in a cold sweat, panting. My torso was on the floor while the lower half of my body was still on the couch. The sun was peeking through the curtains and cast shadows onto the floor. I got up and padded towards the sink to get a drink of water. When I looked up the door opened and Atomic Revolver and Toxic Waste (I found out her last name later) walked out, Toxic skipping in. "Mornin'!" she greeted happily. I waved.

"Mute Immolation," Atomic began, playing with her brown trenchcoat. "I'm sorry for nearly attacking you last night. I'm a bit violent and you scared me." she giggled nervously. I smiled and nodded. "Listen, if we could start over that'd be awesome."

"It's cool. Hey, how often do you get Dracs around here?" I signed and Toxic translated.

"Often, that's why we keep the curtains closed at all ti-"

"All I'm saying is we need more condoms!" Fun Ghoul, Party Poison and Colorful Shadow walked in arguing.

"And I'm saying you guys need to keep your sex life to yourself! I don't want to find a thong in my coffee cup, again." Party snapped. Fun Ghoul coughed awkwardly.

"Yeah and I don't want to ever see you putting lipstick on and singing 'Single Ladies', again!" Shadow fought back.

"Hey! You said we'd never speak of that!" Party exclaimed, red in the face.

"That was before you got drunk and rode my motorbike in nothing but my Hello Kitty bikini." Colorful Shadow quipped. They stopped talking when no one else said anything.

"Who wants breakfast?" Toxic asked.

"I'll, um, have eggs."

"Yeah, me too."

"And, uh, I'll have bacon."

"We don't have enough."

"Why?!"

"We have an extra killjoy, remember?"

"Great, well we can just eat nothing!"

"Party, calm down."

"I won't calm down. I'm calm enough, Kobra." I slunk over to where they had left their laser guns and grabbed a neon green one with a purple dragon down the left side. It reminded me of Miles because of his hair. With that I grabbed a bag of money near the door and ran out. I was upset because they seemed like nice people and if I stayed I'd be safe.

My feet hit the sand with a thump and I was running. My shoes dug up sand behind me as I headed towards Zone T-7, where supposedly the rest of H.O.P.E was. I had to finish my brother's mission.

"HEY! IMMOLATION! COME BACK!"

"THAT BITCH STOLE OUR MONEY." I could feel hear them getting closer so I sped up a bit. I was nearing a tunnel and I was just about to turn when my foot slipped and I went down, skinning my knees and arms. I yelped and rolled over, grit on my face.

They ran up to me and Jet Star helped he up, if a bit rough. "Where do you think you're going? With our gun?" he snarled. I spat in his face and tried to escape but his grip was too tight.

"I thought you said we could trust her." Atomic Revolver yelled at Kobra Kid. He didn't say anything, just stared at me with pained eyes. I yanked away from Jet Star and crouched on the ground, scribbling in the dirt.

HEADING TOWARD ZONE T-7. MUST FINISH WHAT MY BROTHER STARTED. NEEDED A GUN. SORRY.

"You could've told us," Fun Ghoul huffed. "What's this 'mission' of yours?"

DO YOU KNOW WHAT H.O.P.E. IS? They shook their heads, confused. HELL ON POWER. IT'S A RESISTANCE GROUP AGAINST KORSE. MY BROTHER WAS THE LEADER AND HE HAD A PLAN TO TAKE HIM DOWN. I JUST NEED THE MAP TO GET TO BL-I. BL/I was rumored to be hidden somewhere within Battery City but it was barred off to the desert.

"What happened to him?" Toxic Waste asked quietly. The sun beat down on my neck as I bit my lip, trying not to cry.

HE DIED.

"Well let us help you. We've been dying to get revenge on those bastards." Kobra Kid mumbled.

"My whole family is dead because of them." Atomic spat. Toxic Waste nodded.

IT'S TOO DANGEROUS.

"Don't tell me it's too dangerous. I've been kicking Bl/I's ass since I was thirteen." Colorful Shadow growled.

Suddenly we heard a whirring in the distance. "Fuck." Party poison muttered. "We've got company."


So. . . this is the next part. How is it so far? thanks for the nice comments. :3 Rate and Review, please. XO Ari

Added A/N OHMYGOSH. YOU GUYS. I LOVE YOU OH-SO-MUCH. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING MY STORY GO GREEN. THIS IS MY FIRST STORY AND OHMYGOSH IT WENT GREEN. THANK YOU SO MUCH. XO Ari
Sign up to rate and review this story