Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Ever Look Back

Killing Lessons

by lalatherapist16 1 review

It doesn't feel like it's been so long....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-22 - 1701 words

0Unrated
Two weeks have passed since Ren and her small group had saved us. We sort of fell into a daily routine.

Wake up, clean, eat, clean, watch the gate, keep ourselves busy, eat and sleep. I was a little bored with it, but, seeing as this was a school, it had libraries filled with books.

More than once I ran into Ren there. She was there almost every day, returning a book and grabbing another.

We got to the point of setting together to read, not speaking, but just being in each other's presence. She would shift a little - cross her legs, tuck them up under her, move her arm.

And each time she would move, I felt the need to move. Like if I didn't I would break when I stood up.

When I wasn't in one of the libraries, I was with Bandit, helping her expand her vocabulary or singing with her. At the start of our third week, Ren came to us in our room.

"Hey guys. So there's something I've been thinking about." She started, sitting at the old teacher's desk in the plush roller chair.

She faced us. "Shoot." I stood up, Mikey and Frankie standing behind me. The girls sat little straighter on the floor.

"Well, I sorta realized that, when we first met at the gas station, that none of you really know how to fight." I tensed a little. "And I'm sure the girls don't know how either."

"What are you saying exactly?" Frankie asked before I could. Ren grinned brightly at us.

"I'm saying that lessons start tomorrow at noon." She stood up. "And I suggest you wear something you can move in. And my little ladies." She knelt in front of the girls. "I'll fix your hair up so it doesn't get in your eyes." She smiled sweetly.

"In the gym?" I asked, feeling sick to my stomach.

"Yeah. And we'll probably have an audience." She said on her way to the door. "See you tomorrow. Eat breakfast. You'll need it." And with that, she was gone.

I hardly slept that night, and in the morning, I couldn't take my eyes from the clocks all around us. Bandit looked so happy about this I smiled. As long as she could be excited about anything, how could I not like it?

Finally at a quarter till noon, we headed down to the gym. Ren stood there, stretching. Her chin touched her thigh as she bent down.

Cass was swinging a stick the rough length of her shovel. Emma and Sin were throwing knives at a target on the far wall. I jumped as Ally swung at wild pitches thrown by Lucy, hitting each across the long room.

"Oh hey!" Ren stood up, her face bright. "You're early. That's good. You there come with me." She took Bandit, Cherry and Lily over to the lowest bleacher.

She'd been right about the audience. Every single person we'd met who wasn't on the floor were in the bleachers, watching. "Girls, go ahead and get started with them while I braid." Ren said from behind us.

Cass spun the stick over her head with one hand. She brought it down so fast it whistled. It was pointed toward Mikey. "You. Start with me." She held out the stick.

He took it and followed her. She grabbed another stick and swung it around a little. I didn't hear what she said, but Mikey nodded and braced himself, feet apart.

I heard the grunt before I realized what had happened. She'd swiped his feet out from under him in a second. He got back up and took his stance again.

A ball came flying at Frankie, who caught it reflexively before it hit his face. "You're with me tiny." Ally smiled at him, holding out a that wasn't covered in blood. "C'mon. I don't bite." She laughed. Frankie took the bat from her.

Two knives flew at me, landing in the floor boards in front of my feet. "Well get over here." Sin called from twenty five feet away. "And bring the knives."

It took my whole weight to rip them out of the floor. I fell back a little and headed over to them. They smiled at me, taking knives between their fingers. "First lesson for you is aim and sights." They threw the knives at the same time, hitting the bullseye without looking.

"Always know where your target is and how long you have until it gets closer." Emma said a moment before she spun, sending another knife flying.

"And never underestimate them. They might shuffle, but the more there are, the less of a chance you'll have." Sin put a knife in my hand. "Hold by the blade." She showed me with her hands. "Blade up so you don't cut yourself." She showed me that as well.

"And, when you have the target in sight, throw." Emma pointed at the target in front of us. I took a deep breath and threw it like I would a ball. It clattered to the floor not five feet away. "Okay, let's try that again." Emma said brightly. "Know how to throw a ball?" I nodded. "Totally different. You use your wrist and elbow for this, not your whole body."

"Like a flick." Sin said calmly, taking a knife again and showing me in slow motion. I copied her movement. "Then when you throw, add a little force." She did it harder, letting the knife go. It sank into the center of the target.

I narrowed my eyes so I could see the target better and let my hand snap out. The next thing I knew, the knife I'd had was in the target. Not a bullseye, but still there. "Good job." They hugged me at the same time.

"It looks like the others aren't done yet." We looked at Frankie and Mikey. Mikey was panting, swing his stick so fast I could hardly see it a second before he fell again. Frankie was swinging at slow pitches that bounced past him.

I felt a little proud that I'd gotten it so fast. "Maybe Ren can take you next. Hey Ren!" I jumped at Emma's sudden shout.

"Yeah?" She finished Lily's braid and stood up easily. "Oh, need the next level?"

"He's a quick learner, at least." Sin said calmly.

"Oh really? We'll see." She smiled at me. Not the usual smile she have me. It was full of anger. "This way." She walked toward the far corner. There were two foam swords there leaning against the wall. "Here." She threw me one. "Well, you learned aim and sights. Now is my lesson. You have to have a killer instinct to survive out there." She swayed the sword she held. "Get me down, and this lesson is over."

"Easy enough." I swung at her feet. She jumped and swung at my head. I fell to the floor hard, my body twisting. I looked up at her.

She looked like she hadn't even moved. "Gotta be better than that." She sighed. I got up and looked at her for any openings. I saw none.

I swung at her side. She ducked under and kicked my feet out from under me. I fell back, my hands stopping me. "Get up." She said, her voice monotonous.

While I was still down, I swung at her thighs. She blocked with her sword and yawned. "You really don't have a killer instinct, do you?" She laughed.

I grit my teeth and got to my feet. Before she could get her sword into her hands, I swung at her head. She bent backwards under my swing and gabbed hard at my chest as she did so.

My balance gave way at that and I fell back she stood over me, one leg on either side. "I give up." I groaned.

She crouched down, elbows on her knees, and looked me right in the eyes. "Then you'll die." I grinned and grabbed her ankle.

As I pulled it out from under her, she gasped. She landed on my thighs with a small thud, not hard enough to hurt. "I do believe the lesson is over." I laughed as I sat up.

She stood and pulled me to my feet by my hand. "Well done." She smiled at me. "That was clever." She shook my hand.

"Thanks." I laughed and looked around us. Everyone had stopped to watch. Frankie gave me the look that said 'Just kiss her!' Mikey watched with a small smiled on his lips, leaning against his stick. Cass held hers in both hands like she was going to attack Mikey but didn't. Ally had put her bat down like a pimpcane.

Emma and Sin were whispering to each other and looking our way. Bandit was looking at us, her face bright with a smile I rarely saw now.

Then everything went back to normal. With a clack, Cass sent Mikey's stick up into the air, making him stumble forward. Ally got a hold of her nail laiden bat and nodded to Lucy, who threw more baseballs to her and Frankie.










Another chapter before I sleep. I have school tomorrow, and a LOT of crap goin down this next week.

STARS auditions, my first Prom, dance lessons for STARS, and just a lot. Wish me luck at Prom, for I canno dance. And I don't usually do this kind of thing.

Oh balls I still have to talk to my date about our ride! Ugh why must life be so busy?! Not to mention I still have to get my ticket and then plan a senior party for my fellow grads and then plan out a zombie apocalypse movie for the summer after I go to KC to see my brother and before AFW9.

But, as of tomorrow, I have fifteen days (school days) left until I graduate. Nineteen counting weekends.I'm so excited I could just... ~vomits nyan cat all over~

Anyway, I'm gonna sleep now, cause I can't afford to pass out in any classes if I wanna graduate.

So R+R and all that.

Hugs and Pimpcanes,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story