Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > ELove

Do I Know You?

by brynn_parker 5 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-08-01 - Updated: 2006-08-02 - 2135 words

1Funny
Chapter 3: Do I Know You?

----

Disclaimer: Forgot to tell you...I don't own Inuyasha. (Hahaha...)

----

DemonBadass500: What's up?

KagsH2000: Oh hey! Nothing much.

DemonBadass500: Really? What's on your mind. I'm not going to meet you in real life, you can tell me.

KagsH2000: Oh, well...there's this guy.

DemonBadass500: Haha...figured there had to be a guy.

KagsH2000: And he was kinda an asshole to me last time we saw each other.

DemonBadass500: Ouch.

KagsH2000: What's that for?

DemonBadass500: Oh, nothing. It just must suck to be him, if you hate him so much. What happened?

KagsH2000: Well, I feel ridiculous...because the last time I saw him was back in high school.

DemonBadass500: And you're still pissed?

KagsH2000: Yeah. I have the right to be. He was all over me and he said my sister's name.

DemonBadass500: Aaaah...sounds like a dumbass.

"A dumbass like me."

Miroku looked over at his friend after staring intently at the computer screen, as the hanyou ran his hands through his long white hair. "Damn it all...she still hates me. After all this time..."

Miroku snorted. "That girl can hold a grudge. At least Sango forgave me for grabbing her ass every time she walked by in the lunch room...although I still think she liked that..."

"I don't want to know you and your girlfriend's kinky habits, you pervert," Inuyasha snapped, leaning on his hand half-heartedly, "I...I probably sound like a sissy, but I've still got some feeling for Kagome. I don't know what it is. And I'm not just horny...because it's not just a physical attraction. Hell, I haven't seen her in five years and I still want her."

"Haha...the pictures aren't enough?"

Inuyasha growled and his lecherous friend quickly shut up. "I guess I didn't think you were capable of being this...sensitive, Inuyasha."

The hanyou supposed Miroku hadn't heeded his threat. Of course, he never did anymore. They'd been roommates since graduation, and by now the dark-haired man was immune to Inuyasha's bad temper.

KagsH2000: Yeah, he is an idiot...but the thing is, I still want him.

"You should tell her who you are..."

KagsH2000: Of course, if I saw him again I would dig him into the ground...

"OK, maybe not..."

KagsH2000: But it was always like this in high school. He was with my sister all the time...but I'd had a crush on him for years...and it really, really hurt when he used me like that.

DemonBadass500: Maybe he just needed more time to get over your sister...maybe it was you he wanted in the first place, but you were dating someone else so he had to settle for your sister.

"Ooh, bad move, man," Miroku chimed in, "That's giving out too much information. She's going to think it's you now."

KagsH2000: I was dating another guy when they started going out...how did you know?

"What do I say, Miroku?" Inuyasha asked, suddenly panicking. Miroku rolled his eyes before taking the keyboard away from the bewildered half-demon.

DemonBadass500: I've just been in a similar situation.

KagsH2000: Oh...

DemonBadass500: That's a pretty crappy thing he did.

KagsH2000: I completely agree.

----

Kagome frowned at the computer screen. This guy seemed to know too much about her life...had he gone to the same high school maybe? Was he a friend of theirs? Was he...was he Inuyasha?

"Sango, come in here!" she yelled from her bed. Her friend appeared in the doorway quickly, a popsicle in her mouth.

"Yes dear?"

Kagome disregarded her sarcastic comment and motioned for her to come look at the computer screen. Sango frowned and sat next to Kagome to look over her shoulder. "Do you think this guy knows too much about me...or am I just paranoid?" Kagome asked, still looking at the conversation. Sango reached over to make the message box bigger and then raised her eyebrows, whistling.

"Kagome...are you seeing someone that you haven't told me about?"

"No!" Kagome snapped, "He's just some random guy that found me on instant messenger...I don't know anything about him. And he's almost giving me a replay of my life in high school."

Sango shook her head. "Take it easy. See, it says that he's just been in a similar situation...no need to worry." She looked at the clock on Kagome's laptop and then got up quickly, dropping her popsicle in the trash can. "Crap...I have a date with Miroku in fifteen minutes. I've gotta go." She walked out the door and her roommate listened to her bop around in the kitchen quickly, grabbing her keys and a coat.

Kagome nodded. "Alright...thanks for being here Sango!"

"Shut up!" the athlete called back before slamming the door shut.

KagsH2000: Kami...I feel terrible about this though. It's been eating me up for a few weeks now...and my friend is dating his roommate. They keep on asking me if I want to see him...and I do...but I don't.

DemonBadass500: Maybe you should forgive him?

KagsH2000: I don't know if I can.

----

Inuyasha sighed as he looked at Kagome's most recent reply and thought back to when Miroku had given him her screenname. He hadn't known who it was at the time...but he'd sent her a message anyway. He'd been stupid for not figuring it out at the beginning - "KagsH" was a dead giveaway - but he'd just thought it would be someone to keep him company while Miroku was in Tokyo.

Of course, he'd found out it was Kagome and the next trip Miroku made, he'd dragged Inuyasha to Kagome and Sango's home city with him. Now the hanyou was sitting alone in his Tokyo hotel room, talking to Kagome again and neglecting the new sword he'd just bought. This particular blade was ancient...and quite the legend in the archaeologist's world...and he'd been saving up for it for almost a year. But now he was leaving it unattended for a girl he hadn't even seen since high school.

He was already wrapped around her finger.

Now she just had to take him back.

----

Sango glared as she walked up to Miroku at the movie theatre, unabashedly flirting with some girls that were way too young for him. "Well, ladies, you are looking lovely today..."

She immediately took him roughly by the hand and pulled him away from the group of giggling teenagers, his face suddenly turning red.

"My dear Sango, I was just waiting for you to arrive..."

She rolled her eyes at him. "I thought you would stop with the pickup lines already. 'Would you care to bear my children?' Oh, please...and those girls are too young for you! Pedophile!"

He looked at her in mock outrage. "I wasn't planning on taking them home or anything! And I haven't used that line since high school! And it's only for you now...only for you..." He reached around to grope her and she grabbed his hand, a smile quirking the edges of her mouth.

Unable to contain himself, he leaned down and kissed her softly, and she blushed at the thought of all those people standing there to see them. "So...Miroku...I have a question for you," she said shyly as he pulled away.

"Yes?"

"Is Inuyasha's screenname 'DemonBadass500'?"

His eyes widened as they pulled apart. "Um...why do you ask?"

Sango glared. "Kagome's been getting some suspicious instant messages from that screenname...and it seems like someone that knew us in highschool. And the name kind of gives it away..." She took his hand and they walked into the theatre slowly. "I told you that Kagome doesn't want to see him...and I don't want to make it harder on her."

Miroku held up his hands, shrugging. "I'm sorry...really, I am. It's just that Inuyasha is still hung up over Kagome. And I think that it would do them both a world of good if they got together...I mean, you want the same thing for them that we have, right?" He finished this sentence with a cocky grin in the direction of another girl, and he got a glare from Sango in return.

"Maybe not exactly the same thing..." she said, stressing 'exactly', "But something similar."

He looked back to her, hooking an arm around her shoulder. "See? So you'll help me?"

Her eyes widened. "I never said I would help you!"

"Sango, my dear...you just said you want them to be together!"

"I didn't say that either!" He chuckled and a smile appeared on her face. "Fine...but if Kagome finds out that we're scheming against her, I'm blaming it on you."

They sat down in their seats in the movie theatre and Sango's face lit up as the credits came on. Miroku looked over at her, a smile on his face. "So what do you suggest we do?" Sango asked without seeing the loving smile, "I mean, Kagome won't see him voluntarily...that's for sure. And she'll stop talking to him if she finds out her mystery buddy on instant messenger is the hanyou himself."

"I was thinking a blind date...you tell her I know someone that I think she would like, and pretend you're in the dark too. If she asks about it being Inuyasha, tell her you don't really know..."

"Not good...she won't do it," Sango said, shaking her head. Her eyes suddenly opened bigger as an idea popped into her mind. "I know! Here's the setup...I go out to lunch with her, and you guys meet us there. I'll watch for you out the window, and when you're outside you give me a thumbs up. Then we go to freshen up...and when we come back out she'll be cornered! And it won't be my idea, but I'll want to stay with you!"

He laughed. "Brilliant. I didn't know you were a matchmaker, Sango."

"Haha...I'm not. I've never done this in my life."

"Well, you're quite excellent at it."

"Thank you."

He leaned towards her and kissed her softly, and she smiled into his lips. "I'm glad I found you...if you weren't cheap enough to go on internet dating sites, I never would've anyway."

She elbowed him playfully. "Some compliment..."

"Well, I was out there looking for you."

She took a moment to process his words before turning towards him and gazing into his blue eyes with a smile. "I was looking for you too."

They kissed again, ignoring the whispers behind them, before the movie started. Then they took each other's hands and stayed silent for a moment as the movie began.

"Hey Sango?"

"Yes?"

"One more question."

"Okay."

"Did you like it when I grabbed your ass in high school?"

She shoved him again, choosing not to respond.

Though he probably would've liked the answer.

----

Kagome got up at the sound of the phone ringing, letting out a tired sigh that had been begging to escape her throat all night. "Hello?"

"Kagome?"

The young woman frowned at the sound on the other line. "Sango?"

She heard a low moan and then a giggle and 'shut up' before her friend responded. "Yeah, it's Sango...uh, would you mind going and staying with Eri tonight?"

Kagome's eyes widened. "Sango, are you kidding me? It's..." She looked at her watch. "It's nearly two and you want me to get out of the apartment so you can get cozy with your pervert boyfriend?"

"I don't think cozy is the word for it," she replied throatily, and Kagome groaned.

"Well...how about I lock my door and put on some earplugs and you can just take it to your own room?"

Another erotic noise made Kagome wince. "Thanks, we'll be there in ten."

She heard a car start in the background and some shifting clothes before she quickly bid her friend goodbye and hung up.

Strangely, this was just making her think of high school...which made her think of Inuyasha...which made her think of doing the same thing with the hanyou that Sango and Miroku would be doing in ten minutes...

The things she did for her friends.

----

Author's Note: Hahaha...I know it's extremely kinky that Kagome has to just lock herself in her room while Sango and Miroku get cozy in the other room...but I figured it could be an amusing conversation.

So ELove . com is back from hiatus! Yaaaaaay! I decided to bring it back because I got a couple reviews from shikonjewel on Ficwad just BEGGING me to update...and I felt so bad that this idea popped into my head. Of course, that's not a reason to make me feel guilty or anything...but it worked this time. lol.

Please review!

--Kat
Sign up to rate and review this story