Categories > Original > Fantasy > These Four Walls

Truth

by AlexisSCREAM 0 reviews

Kyo and Daeo have been hiding something.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2013-06-06 - Updated: 2013-06-06 - 926 words

5Exciting
Time wore on, slowly, quickly, randomly, passing them by without warning. The house felt a little less empty with the two guests; it was less quiet. The silence that once burned through the large rooms faded, replaced with 4 giggling teenagers, throwing cushions at one another, laughing and spilling soda on the wooden floors. Roderick was sitting on the floor, guitar at his side, with Kyo’s head in his lap. Kyo was staring up at the ceiling, occasionally flicking awkward glances at his twin, who would smirk back. His legs were in the air, with one resting awkwardly on the glass coffee table. Daeo was opposite, on a large apple green couch, lying on his stomach, legs in the air, propping himself up with his elbows. His head was perched in his hands, and his drink was on the floor next to the seat. Hoshi was sitting on the smaller matching couch, chewing lazily at her fingernails. She enjoyed spending time with these guys; Kyo and Daeo were like her other brothers.

“You’re such a loser, Rodziie,” Kyo said with a teasing smirk. After failing to suppress his (manly) giggles, Daeo nodded in agreement.
“Oh, fuck off,” Roderick smiled, poking Kyo in the ribs.
“That wasn’t very nice,” Kyo pouted.
“Your face isn’t very nice, but you don’t see me complaining. And I have to look at it all day,” Roderick deadpanned. Hoshi and Daeo shared a brief glance before bursting into a fit of giggles. Kyo did not look impressed.
“My face is quite wonderful, thank you very much!”
“Oh, of course, Ky, the boys are just lining up outside to fuck you hard against the nearest flat surface,” Daeo’s voice was dripping with sarcasm, but the words he spoke shocked both Hoshi and Roderick.
“You’re gay?” Roderick questioned, looking down at Kyo, who smirked before speaking.
“Straight guys just aren’t this fabulous, darling,” he grinned.
“Hey! I’m straight and I’m pretty fucking fabulous, thank you very much!” Daeo shot back.
“Straight? What about that little crush you had on that musician... What was his name again? Brian Molko, right?”
“That was... That was... Fine!”
“Told you so,”
Quick to change the direction of the attention, Daeo spoke, “What bands do you guys like?”
“Linkin Park’s my favourite,” Roderick smiled.
“The Academy Is...,” Hoshi murmured.
“Ah, cool. Kyo here likes... Who was that band you kept trying to show me?”
Kyo mumbled his response, “Bullet For My Valentine,”
“Yes. Bullet For My Valentine. I like Avenged Sevenfold the most,” Daeo grinned, switching positions so that he could lean down to reach his soda and then took a large swig.
“But you also like Placebo, I presume?” Roderick smirked. Daeo spat the contents of his mouth out onto the floor, choking slightly. Roderick just laughed, and then continued, “Those bands are pretty different,”
“Anyway, moving on,” Daeo muttered as soon as he’d regained composure. Suddenly, the older red haired boy sat up, almost spilling the remaining liquid left in the can. “Kyo, outside, now,”
“But Dae...” Kyo whined.
“Now!” The crimson haired twins left the room, shutting the door behind them. Roderick and Hoshi shared identical looks of confusion as they crept over to the door and pressed themselves against it. They could hear the hissed conversation clearly, but the two boys’ voices were two similar to tell apart without them being in sight.

“We’re too close to them. We’re gonna make them immortals,”
“Dae, that won’t happen!”
“You’re practically begging to give him head, look at you! Gagging for it! Fucking hell!”
“We can’t tell them,”
“We can’t, or you won’t?”
“I just don’t think it’s a good idea,”
“They could already be immortal, and they wouldn’t even know!”
“So what do we do? Go in and say ‘Oh, sorry about that, by the way, I’m a Dead Seeker and you’re going to end up immortal’?”
“Well, not exactly but...”
“You do it, Daeo! I don’t want to be here to watch you fuck it up!”
“Why’s that?”
“Because I fucking like him and I don’t want to lose him!”
“You’re a selfish diva!”
“And you’re a prick!”
“I’m telling them, Ky!”
“Fine! I’ll leave then!”

The slamming of multiple doors could be heard, crashing loudly. Roderick and Hoshi, with wide, shocked eyes, raced back to where they had been sitting before. The door was opened slowly, and Daeo walked in, fists clenched, staring at the floor. He exhaled deeply and relaxed his body, but kept his gaze where it was.
“Kyo went home. I need to say something to you guys... About who- about what we are. We’re not human. We’re Dead Seekers; we have powers. I can tell what type of supernatural a person is; Kyo can use magic to help people transition into a supernatural. We do other things to, but that should be enough for now. I’m sorry if this is a lot to take in, but it’s important. You see, if a supernatural becomes friends with a mortal... they... they become immortal. I fear that this may happen to you,” Daeo explained, his voice getting slightly quieter as he spoke each sentence. He glanced up, a guilty look on his face and then left, leaving Hoshi and Roderick, who just stared at each other with a mixture of shock, excitement, confusion and, most of all, fear.
Sign up to rate and review this story