Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter One

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Welcome home.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-08-17 - 679 words

0Unrated
I dropped my bags on my bed, making a puff of dust explode around me. Coughing, I waved it away. WIth a sigh, I looked around my room.

Nothing had changed in the three years that I was touring with my band, Wasteland. Except the ammount of dust on everything, apparently.

When I'd had my fill of my room, I smiled and headed down stairs where my dad was waiting. As my foot hit the last step, I heard it.

The hushed giggles of other people. I supressed a sigh and rounded the banister. "SURPRISE!" Around thirty people were in my livingroom, confetti flying from their hands at me. I smiled at the faces of my school friends.

Dad was standing by the fireplace, his arms open. I smiled at him and walked over into his arms, hugging him tightly. "I'm so not cleaning that up, by the way." I smiled up at him, making him laugh.

"I have one more surprise for you." He smiled, holding me at arm's length by my shoulders.

"Oh?" I looked at the huge, beaming smile on his face.

"Yep. Go to the kitchen." He let go of me and pushed me toward the swinging door.

"Okay?" I smiled at people as I walked, hugging my way through the crowd. When I got to the door, I realized one face was missing.

The door opened silently, and there, rummaging through the cabinets, was my best friend, Jack. "You're out of peanutbutter. Just so you know." He smlied at me.

"Jack?!" I ran at him, jumping into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and clung to him.

He laughed, holding me up in the air. "Hey Izzy." He said into my hair.

I let go of him and fell a good foot and a half to the floor. "Wow, look who grew." I smiled up at me.

"Look who shrank." He stuck his tongue out at me. I smacked his jaw, making him bite his tongue.

"Not all of us and be freakish giants." I laughed. "But really, you have like what, a twenty pack?" I smacked his stomach. He lifted up his shirt and started to count on his fingers.

"Nope. Only six." He laughed and dropped his shirt. I raised my eyebrows. "And you?" He asked, poking my stomach. "Still flat as a board?"

I rolled my eyes and lifted my shirt so he could see my abs. "Wow." He said, looking at them. "Who would have known?" I dropped my shirt.

"It's a work out." He looked at me with a question mark forming in his eyes. "Preforming. On stage." I said, pushing his shoulder playfully.

"Ya know, I missed you." He said, dropping all the playfullness. "Don't be gone for so long again, okay?" He pulled me into another hug, bending over me and holding me tight.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, holding him tightly. "I missed you too." I whispered.

"Hey Izzy, where's the bathroom?" I looked up at Wasteland's bass player, Lucas, as he barged into the kitchen. "Oh...Sorry." he backed out slowly.

I sighed and let go of Jack. "Sorry about him. The guys are a little..." I trailed off, not sure what to say about them. "They're staying in town this time. It's easier than me flying all the way to LA just to rehearse." I sighed again.

Jack smiled down at me. "It's okay. But, you know what isn't?" He asked. I shook my head. "We are missing a party. And it's your welcome home party, at that!" he laughed and dragged me back into the livingroom by my hand.

"You know I hate parties!" I sighed, letting him drag me along.

Some things have changed, it seems. Jack has changed. Quiet a bit.

So have I. More than he has...





Okays!! Chapter one and I have an idea of where it's going, just not how it's gonna get there. But, We'll find out together! So in the mean time, R+R and all that!

Hugs and Silver,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story