Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Doctor's Daughter DD

3

by dramagirl007 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-25 - 591 words

0Unrated
The Doctor smiled at that name. “Well we have a lot of catching up to do… and you have a lot of learning. Let’s see, you’re 718 years old, but… you’ve been in stasis for 700 years… so technically you’re 18 years old… Ooh so young… so complicated” The Doctor had a thinking look on his face… “Right, well, we need to find you a room and then a new wardrobe, no daughter of mine is going to wear a sack anymore.”
DD smiled, her father has found her at last.
“Why is DD being 18 going to be complicated?” Rose asked. Once DD was trying things on.
“She’s a Time Lord, and in a Time Lord’s eyes, still a child… very young child.” Doctor explained
“She’s only a year younger than me.” Rose said lifting an eyebrow.
“You’re not a Time Lord, if you were, you would be considered a child as well.” Doctor said.
Rose looked very confused.
Doctor sighed, “On my planet, children are considered children for 180 years, then they are considered young adults.”
Rose still didn’t get it.
Doctor had to think how to dumb it down even more.
“Ok, but it this way, a 100 year old Time Lord, equals to… about a Ten year old child.” Doctor said.
“Ok, so… you’re saying, since DD is only 18 then she only equals to about… a year old child in human years?” Rose asked.
The Doctor nodded.
“But she’s not a baby.” Rose said.
“I know that… it has to do with her brain, she isn’t fully Time Lord developed yet… Time Lords and Ladies went to an Academy of learning for 180 years to develop our brains, the first 80 years is like… going to primary school, then we pass that and the next 100 is like… high school and college.”
DD was glad to be in normal clothes again. She picked something that looked like something the other girl would wear, Rose.
After she was dressed, her father showed her around the TARDIS and she was allowed to pick out a room. The TARDIS knew how the room was supposed to be decorated. The Doctor gasped when he saw it.
“Is this what Gallifrey looks like?” DD asked.
Doctor nodded.
“It’s beautiful.” DD said.
“It sure is.” Doctor said remembering.
The Doctor and Rose showed DD some more of the TARDIS.
“There’s a swimming pool in the Library.” Rose said and she hurried to show DD.
“Amazing… weird, but Amazing.” DD said in awe.
They showed her the kitchen, the living room, game room, and any other room imaginable on the TARDIS
“This place is so big… it’s amazing how it’s bigger on the inside.” DD said.
“You will be learning the science of that.” Doctor said.
DD smiled.
For a few days the three of them didn’t really go anywhere, they stayed in space and father and daughter got to know each other better. And Rose told DD about her adventures with the Doctor, DD told them about her life growing up with the Gumai Bearas and then why she did what she did to the Golems.
“I’m so sorry for your loss of your father, it sounds amazing you got to be there for him when he died.” DD said, Rose just told her they just came back from the past, she tried to save her dad from dying.
After a few days of quiet and getting to know everybody, there was an emergency.
Sign up to rate and review this story