Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Doctor's Daughter DD

Mummy

by dramagirl007 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-25 - 4312 words

0Unrated
Code Mauve.” DD said.
“Right.” Doctor said.
“Mauve, what’s Mauve?” Rose asked.
“Universal sign of emergency.” Doctor explained.
“What happened to red?” Rose asked.
“Never heard of that.” DD said.
“That’s just humans, everywhere else it’s Mauve” Doctor said and he was pushing buttons and looking at the scanner, they were following a cylinder object.
“Nonononono it’s getting away from us, stupid time track” Doctor said scared, “DD push that button right there.”
DD did as she was told.
“What exactly are we following?” Rose asked.
“No idea.” Doctor said.
“Then why are we following it?” Rose asked.
“Because it’s Mauve and dangerous.” Doctor said. “And about 30 seconds from the center of London”
“What’s London?” DD asked.
“Planet Earth.” Doctor explained.
“It’s my home planet.” Rose said.
“Human planet.” DD was shocked, she was going to meet humans… she was excited
“Lost it.” Doctor said with a sigh.
“Well at least we know where it’s going, we can find it.” Rose said
Doctor nodded and they headed to planet Earth
They landed in a dark alleyway
“DD, welcome to earth” Doctor said once he opened the Tardis door and they stepped out”
DD took a deep breath of air and laughed, “It tastes funny.”
“What does?” Rose asked
Doctor laughed, “She never stepped foot on Earth, the air tastes funny to her.”
“What does it taste like?” Rose asked.
DD shrugged her soldiers, “I cannot describe it… but it’s good.”
“So where is that cylinder thing we were chasing?” Rose asked
“Couldn’t be more than a mile away… and couldn’t have been more than a few weeks ago.” Doctor said.
“Hold on, a few weeks?” Rose asked, “We were right behind it.”
“It timed jumped” Doctor said.
“How much?” Rose asked.
“A bit” Doctor said.
“Exactly a bit?” Rose asked.
“Ish.” Doctor said with a shrug.
They were walking to a building, “So are you going to do a scan for alien tech?”
Doctor took out his screwdriver and psychic paper.
“All I’m going to do is ask if anybody has seen anything fall from the sky.” Doctor explained.
Rose and DD looked at the psychic paper and it read Doctor John Smith, Ministry of Asteroids.
The Doctor opened up the door and walked inside, DD followed, she was still in awe that her father was here and she was on earth. She didn’t realize Rose wasn’t following her.
It looked like they were in a restaurant, couples were having drinks while being entertained by a singing woman in a feathery boa.
They waited until the woman’s song was finished.
“Stay here, won’t be but a minute.” Doctor said.
DD nodded.
Doctor got up on stage and got everybody’s attention.
Excuse me, Excuse me, has anything fallen from the sky recently?” Doctor asked.
It was quiet for a second then everybody started laughing like he was nuts.
“Sorry am I saying something funny?” Doctor asked.
More laughter
“It’s just that this thing… fallen from the sky.”
Sirens started going off and people stopped laughing and got up from the table.
“Would have landed quite near here… with a very loud… bang” The Doctor said watching the people leave.
The Doctor couldn’t find DD, she left the room when the humans left the room, she didn’t know what that noise was and she was fascinated by humans.
Doctor was glad he found DD outside of the building
“What’s going on?” DD asked.
“Bomb sirens. Come on” Doctor said taking her hand.
DD still didn’t understand but didn’t say anything, her dad didn’t look happy.
They went searching for Rose, called out her name, no answer.
“You know, 900 years of phone box travel and not once have I found somebody who won’t wander off. That would be the only thing that would surprise me.” Doctor said.
“Are you mad?” DD asked, she didn’t want her new found father to hate her.
“Annoyed, at least you didn’t wander off too far, just outside.” Doctor said.
“Everybody else was leaving and the Bomb sirens, I never heard them before.” DD explained.
Doctor nodded, “Come on, we need to find Rose.”
Before they could start to look for Rose, a phone in the TARDIS started to ring.
“What’s that?” DD asked.
“The phone is ringing… how can it be ringing? Its not a real phone.” Doctor said.
Doctor was going to answer it but then a girl spoke, “Don’t answer it, it’s not for you”
“How do you know?” Doctor asked.
“I just do.” The girl said.
The phone rang again and they looked at it then back at where the girl was but she was gone.
“I’m going to answer it.” Doctor said. “Hello?”
“Mummy” The other side said.
“Who is this?” Doctor said.
“Are you my mummy?” The other side said.
“How did you call here? It’s not connected.” Doctor said.
There was a click and the phone went dead.
“Connection’s gone.” Doctor said.
He looked around and didn’t see DD
“And so are you.” Doctor sighed.
DD was following the girl, she found footprints in the dirt that led to a house, she watched as a bunch of little humans entered the house.
Doctor did the same thing and found DD.
“I told you, no wandering off.” Doctor scolded.
“I found her footprints and I wanted to know where she was going, I was going to come back.” DD said.
“Ok, well now you don’t have to, come on.” Doctor said taking her hand.
They snuck inside the house after the kids, and snuck into the dining room and sat down.
DD did this a lot on the Golem ship, nobody noticing her until she wants to be noticed. She felt bad for these kids, they look like they are starving, she knows what that feels like, not getting enough to eat.
They watched the plate of meat being passed to everybody and all the kids saying thanks Miss when they took a slice of meat
“Thanks Miss.” DD said when she took her slice.
“Thanks Miss.” Doctor said, he took two slices.
The kids were scared when they saw Doctor.
“You two shouldn’t be here.” The Girl scolded.
The kids were scared.
“It’s ok, it’s not their house, they shouldn’t be here either.” The girl said, “Now everybody back in your seats.
“So, you lot, are homeless right? Living rough?” Doctor asked.
“Who wants to know? Are you a copper? Going to arrest us?” The boy asked
“Arrest you of what? Starving?” Doctor asked… “What year is it anyway?”
“Where have you been? It’s 1941” The head girl said.
“Shouldn’t you lot been evacuated to the country by now?” Doctor asked.
“I was sent to a farm.” A boy said.
“Why would you come back?” Doctor asked.
The boy didn’t say anything. There was pain in his eyes, DD knew that pain oh so well, something bad happened.
All the kids had stories like that it seemed.
“The streets have nicer food.” A boy said.
“Yah, Nancy always finds the best meals.” A boy said.
“Nice to meet you Nancy, I’m DD.” DD said trying to be friendly.
Nancy was scowling at both her and Doctor.
“So that’s what you do isn’t it.” Doctor said.
“What?” Nancy asked.
“Wait until the sirens blow, then find a nice fat family with dinner still on the table, then have the homeless kids feast… as long as the bombs don’t get you.” Doctor said.
“Is there something wrong with that?” Nancy asked with a challenge.
“No, I think it’s brilliant.” Doctor said with a smile.
“Why did you two follow me?” Nancy asked.
“I want to know how a phone that isn’t a phone can get a phone call. You seem to be the one to ask.” Doctor said.
“I did you a favor, I told you not to answer it… That’s all I’m gonna tell ya.” Nancy said.
“Ok another question, has anybody seen a blonde with clothes that look… well not normal looking?”
Nobody said anything.
“Ok, another question.” Doctor said and he took out a scrap of paper and a pen and drew on the paper, “Has anybody seen something that looks like this? It fell about a few weeks ago, maybe a month ago?”
The Doctor holds up a rough sketch of the craft the TARDIS was following. Basically, a tube.
A knock on the door makes everyone jump.
Mummy? Are you in there, mummy?” They heard.
Doctor looks out of the window. It's a boy in a gas mask.
Mummy?” The boy says.
“Who was the last one in?” Nancy asked the kids.
“Them.” A boy said pointing to the Time Lords.
“No, they came round the back. Who came in the front?” Nancy asked.
“Me.” A boy said.
“Did you close the door?” Nancy asked panicked.”
“Um.” The boy started
“Did you close the door?” Nancy asked again panicked.
“Mummy? Mummy? Mummy?” They heard outside.
Nancy runs into the hallway and bolts the front door.
“What's this, then? It's never easy being the only child left out in the cold, you know.” Doctor said crossing his arms.”
“I suppose you'd know.” Nancy said with a challenge.
“I do actually, yes. Doctor said.
“It's not exactly a child.” Nancy said afraid.
“Mummy?” The child said.
“Right, everybody out. Across the back garden and under the fence. Now! Go! Move!” Nancy ordered
The children grab their coats and flee.
“Mummy? Mummy? Please let me in, mummy. Please let me in, mummy.” The child pleads
A little hand comes through the letter box.
“Are you all right? DD asked.
“Please let me in.” The child pleads.
DD is just inches away from touching the child’s little hand, she hates listening to the pleading, the sorrow. She remembers crying for her daddy to come rescue her when she was with the Golems, when everything seemed hopeless.
Nancy throws something that breaks, and the hand withdraws. And DD gets out of her flashback she seemed to be in.
“You mustn't let him touch you!” Nancy scolded.
“What would happen?” Doctor asked.
“He'll make you like him.” Nancy said.
“And what's he like? Doctor asked.
“I've got to go.” Nancy said.
“Nancy, what's he like?” Doctor asked.
“He's empty.” Nancy said.
The telephone rings.
“It's him. He can make phones ring. He can. Just like with that police box you saw.
DD picked up the phone, “Hello?”
“Are you my mummy?” The child asked.
Nancy grabbed the phone away from DD and put it back on the hook. The radio starts up in the dining room.
“Mummy? Please let me in, mummy.” The child pleaded
Then a clockwork monkey starts up.
“Mummy, mummy, mummy.” The monkey started saying.
DD put her hands over her ears, “Dad this is horrible.”
“You stay if you want to.” Nancy said.
Nancy leaves by the back door. The boy puts his hand through the letterbox again.”
“Mummy? Let me in please, mummy. Please let me in.”
“Your mummy isn't here.” Doctor said.
“Are you my mummy?” The child asked
“No mummies here.” Doctor said, “Just a Daddy and his daughter.”
“I'm scared.” The child said.
“Why are those other children frightened of you? DD asked
“Please let me in, mummy. I'm scared of the bombs.” The child said
“Okay. I'm opening the door now. DD stand back.” Doctor ordered
The boy pulls back his hand and the Doctor unbolts the front door. When he opens it, the boy has gone and the street is deserted.
“Now what?” DD asked feeling very bad for that little boy.
“We need to find Nancy and the others.” Doctor said.
“How?” DD asked.
The Doctor smiled, “Don’t worry, I’m really good at seeking.
They found Nancy in a shack by some railway sidings, they saw her hide the food she took from the house they were just in.
Doctor smiled, “Come on.”
They snuck up behind her and scared her when she lifted her head.
“How did you find me here?” Nancy asked
“I'm good at seeking, me. Got the nose for it.” Doctor said.
“People can't usually find me if I don't want them to.” Nancy said.
“My nose has special powers.” The Doctor said.
“Yeah? That's why it's” Nancy started.
DD tried not to laugh, she let out a squeak.
“What?” Doctor asked.
“Nothing.” Nancy said.
“What?” Doctor asked DD.
“Nothing.” DD said with a grin.
“Do your ears have special powers too? Nancy asked.
“What are you trying to say?” Doctor asked.
“Goodnight.” Nancy said.
“Nancy, there's something chasing you and the other kids. Looks like a boy and it isn't a boy, and it started about a month ago, right? The thing I'm looking for, the thing that fell from the sky, that's when it landed. And you know what I'm talking about, don't you?”
Nancy sighed, “There was a bomb. A bomb that wasn't a bomb. Fell the other end of Limehouse Green Station.”
“Take me there.” Doctor said.
“There's soldiers guarding it. Barbed wire. You'll never get through.” Nancy said.
“Try me.” Doctor said.
“You sure you two want to know what's going on in there?” Nancy asked.
“We really want to know.” Doctor said.
“Then there's someone you need to talk to first.” Nancy said.
“And who might that be?” Doctor asked.
“The Doctor.” Nancy said.
DD and Doctor looked at each other confused.

Nancy took the Doctor and DD to the Limehouse Green station, well showed them where it was, they were a ways away. Couldn’t get any closer without it being dangerous.
“The bomb's under that tarpaulin. They put the fence up overnight. See that building? The hospital.” Nancy started.
“What about it?” DD asked.
“That's where the doctor is. You should talk to him.” Nancy said.
“For now, I'm more interested in getting in there.” Doctor said.
“Talk to the doctor first.” Nancy pleaded
“Why?” DD asked.
“Because then maybe you won't want to get inside.” Nancy said standing up.
“Where're you going?” DD asked.
“There was a lot of food in that house. I've got mouths to feed. Should be safe enough now.” Nancy said.
“Can I ask you a question? Who did you lose?” Doctor asked
“What?” Nancy asked
“The way you look after all those kids. It's because you lost somebody, isn't it? You're doing all this to make up for it.” Doctor said.
“My little brother. Jamie. One night I went out looking for food. Same night that thing fell. I told him not to follow me, I told him it was dangerous, but he just. He just didn't like being on his own.” Nancy said sadly
“What happened?” DD asked.
“In the middle of an air raid? What do you think happened?” Nancy snapped.
“Amazing.” Doctor said.
“What is?” Nancy asked.
“1941. Right now, not very far from here, the German war machine is rolling up the map of Europe. Country after country, falling like dominoes. Nothing can stop it. Nothing. Until one, tiny, damp little island says no. No. Not here. A mouse in front of a lion. You're amazing, the lot of you. Don't know what you do to Hitler, but you frighten the hell out of me. Off you go then do what you've got to do. Save the world.” Doctor said.
Doctor took DD’s hand and they headed towards the hospital gate.
“I want you to stay close to me, no wandering off.” Doctor said.
“I won’t… don’t treat me like a little kid.” DD snapped, she overheard the conversation her Dad and Rose had when she first met them and she was trying to find something to wear, she might be a little kid in her dad’s eyes since he’s 900 years old, but she is not a baby.
The Doctor gave his daughter a warning look then used his sonic screwdriver to open the padlock on the metal gate to the hospital grounds. Inside the long, dark wards, every bed has a very still patient in it, and they are all wearing gasmasks.
Why are they still wearing those masks?” DD asked.
“I do not know, come on.” Doctor said and they left the room they were in and went into another room. And found the same thing. An elderly, grumpy doctor appeared, leaning on a walking stick.
“You'll find them everywhere. In every bed, in every ward. Hundreds of them.” The grumpy doctor said.
“Yes, we saw. Why are they still wearing gas masks?”
“They're not. Who are you?” The grumpy doctor asked.
“I'm, uh. Are you the doctor?” Doctor asked.
“Doctor Constantine. And you are?” Constantine asked.
“Um, Nancy sent us.” Doctor said.
“Nancy? That means you must've been asking about the bomb.” Constantine said.
“Yes.” Doctor said.
“What do you know about it?” Constantine asked.
“Nothing. Why I was asking. What do you know?” Doctor asked
“Only what it's done.” Constantine said with a sigh.
“These people, they were all caught up in the blast?” Doctor asked.
“None of them were.” Constantine said
The doctor chuckled then coughed. He sat down in a chair trying to catch his breath.
“You're very sick.” Doctor said.
“Dying, I should think. I just haven't been able to find the time. Are you a doctor?” Constantine asked.
“I have my moments.” Doctor said and winked at DD who grinned.
“Have you examined any of them yet?” Constantine asked.
“No.” Doctor said.
“Don't touch the flesh.” Constantine said
DD went over to one of the patients to get a better look. “Which one?”
“Any one.” Constantine said, “I do not think it best your lady friend stand too close to them.”
“DD” Doctor said.
DD stood back from the patient she was looking at.
The Doctor went over to the patient his daughter was looking at and examined the patient with his sonic screwdriver.
“Conclusions?” Constantine asked.
“Massive head trauma, mostly to the left side. Partial collapse of the chest cavity, mostly to the right. There's some scarring on the back of the hand and the gas mask seems to be fused to the flesh, but I can't see any burns.” Doctor said.
“Examine another one.” Constantine said.
Doctor did as he was told, DD examined another one too
“They’re all the same.” DD said with confusion.
“This isn't possible.” Doctor said.
“This one’s the same as well.” DD said.
“They've all got the same injuries.” Doctor said.
“Yes.” Constantine said.
“Exactly the same.” DD said.
“Yes.” Constantine said.
“Identical, all of them, right down to the scar on the back of the hand.” Doctor said.
“How did this happen? How did it start?” Doctor asked.
“When that bomb dropped, there was just one victim.” Constantine said.
“Dead?” DD asked.
“At first. His injuries were truly dreadful. By the following morning, every doctor and nurse who had treated him, who had touched him, had those exact same injuries. By the morning after that, every patient in the same ward, the exact same injuries. Within a week, the entire hospital. Physical injuries as plague. Can you explain that? What would you say was the cause of death?” Constantine asked.
“The head trauma.” DD said.
“No.” Constantine said.
“Asphyxiation.” Doctor said.
“No.” Constantine said.
“The collapse of the chest cavity” DD said.
“No.” Constantine said.
“All right. What was the cause of death?” Doctor asked.
“There wasn't one. They're not dead.” Constantine said.
He hit a waste basket with his stick and the noise made the patients sit up in their beds.
DD jumped and grabbed hold of her dad’s hand, she faced golems for five years and they never scared her, but for some reason she was frightened.
Doctor put his arm around his daughter protectively.
“It's all right. They're harmless. They just sort of sit there. No heartbeat, no life signs of any kind. They just don't die.” Constantine said.
“And they've just been left here? Nobody's doing anything?” Doctor asked.
The patients lie down again.
“ I try and make them comfortable. What else is there?” Constantine asked.
“Just you? You're the only one here?” DD asked.
“Before this war began, I was a father and a grandfather. Now I am neither. But I'm still a doctor.” Constantine said.
“Yeah. I know the feeling.” Doctor said sadly
DD squeezed her dad’s hand in reassurance, he had her.
Doctor smiled down at his daughter and squeezed her hand back.
“I suspect the plan is to blow up the hospital and blame it on a German bomb. Constantine said.
“Probably too late.” Doctor said looking around
“No. There are isolated cases. Isolated cases breaking out all over London.” He was having a hard time talking. Doctor and DD were going to go up to him.
“Stay back, stay back. Listen to me. Top floor. Room eight oh two. That's where they took the first victim, the one from the crash site. And you must find Nancy again.” Constantine said.
“Nancy?” Doctor asked.
“It was her brother. She knows more than she's saying.” Constantine said, he was still having trouble. She won't tell me, but she might… Mummy. Are you my… mummy?”
Starting with the mouth, Doctor Constantine's face turned into a gasmask.
“Oh my gosh” DD gasped.
Both Time Lords were stunned.
“Hello” A voice said.
“Hello” Another voice said, this one sounded familiar.
“Hello” The other voice said.

They went into the empty creepy looking corridor and saw two people, one was Rose, the other was a handsome looking man.
“Rose!” DD called in excitement, she was glad to see a familiar face after having the night she has had so far.
“Good evening. Hope we're not interrupting. Jack Harkness. I've been hearing all about you on the way over.” Jack said introducing himself.
“He knows. I had to tell him about us being Time Agents.” Rose said.
“And it's a real pleasure to meet you, Mister Spock and Ms. Spock.” Jack said with a smile
Jack walked forward to the ward.
“Mister Spock?” Doctor asked
“What was I supposed to say? You don't have a name. Don't you ever get tired of Doctor? Doctor who? I’m glad that DD actually has a real name, her cover was easy.”
DOCTOR: Nine centuries in, I'm coping. Where've you been? We're in the middle of a London Blitz. It's not a good time for a stroll.”
“Who's strolling? I went by barrage balloon. Only way to see an air raid.” Rose said.
“What?!” Doctor asked.
“Listen, what's a Chula warship?” Rose asked.
“Chula?” Doctor asked.
They went into the ward where Jack was at, Jack was examining the patients.
“This just isn't possible. How did this happen?” Jack asked
“What kind of Chula ship landed here?” Dr. asked.
“What?” Jack asked.
“He said it was a warship. He stole it, parked it somewhere out there, somewhere a bomb's going to fall on it unless we make him an offer.” Rose said.
“What kind of warship?” DD asked.
“Does it matter? It's got nothing to do with this.” Jack said.
“This started at the bomb site. It's got everything to do with it. What kind of warship?” Doctor said.
“An ambulance! Look.” Jack said and he produced a hologram of it with his wrist device.
“That's what you chased through the Time Vortex. It's space junk. I wanted to kid you it was valuable. It's empty. I made sure of it. Nothing but a shell. I threw it at you. Saw your time travel vehicle, love the retro look, by the way, nice panels. Threw you the bait.”
“Bait?” DD asked.
“I wanted to sell it to you and then destroy it before you found out it was junk.” Jack said.
“You said it was a war ship.” Rose said.
“They have ambulances in wars. It was a con. I was conning you. That's what I am, I'm a con man. I thought you were Time Agents. You're not, are you?” Jack asked
“Just freelancers.” DD said.
“Oh. Should have known. Whatever's happening here has got nothing to do with that ship.” Jack said.
“What is happening here, Doctor?” Rose asked.
“Human DNA is being rewritten by an idiot.” Doctor said.
“What do you mean?” Rose asked.
“I don't know. Some kind of virus converting human beings into these things. But why? What's the point?” Doctor asked.
Rose and DD looked at some of the patients when they all started sitting up, DD thought she felt something touch her hair, but it couldn’t be true.
“Mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy” The patients were saying at the same time.
“What’s happening?” Rose asked scared.
“I don’t know.” The Doctor said equally scared.
All of the patients and Doctor Constantine all stood up.
“Don’t let them touch you.” Doctor said.
“What happens if they touch us?” Rose asked
“You’re looking at it. “ DD said.
The patients were getting closer to the four
“Help me, mummy” The patients said at the same time.
“Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy.” They were getting closer.
“Muuuummmy.” DD started.
“DD, now is not the time for jokes.” Doctor scolded
DD was panicking, she didn’t remember touching any of the patients, she had to get away from her Dad and Rose and that handsome man.
“Da…Mummy” DD said
“Doctor, I don’t think DD’s joking” Rose said with worry
DD ran into all of the patients and ran out of the ward
“DD” Doctor and Rose called.
A minute later, DD had a gas mask for a face.
Sign up to rate and review this story