Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Doctor's Daughter DD

5 Mummy

by dramagirl007 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-10-25 - 2282 words

0Unrated
The patients were almost within touching distance.
The three were still trying to back up.
“Go to your room.” The Doctor said.
The patients in the ward, DD in the corridor and the child in the house stood still.
“Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!” The Doctor said, he was very angry, angry that because of this man in the room, his daughter was infected.
(The child, the patients and DD hang their heads in shame and shuffle away.
DOCTOR: I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.”
“Doctor you sent DD to her room.” Rose said. “That’s the…”
“I know, but the door is locked, she doesn’t have a key, she’ll just be waiting beside it” Doctor said.
“Why are they all wearing gas masks? Rose asked.
“They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone.” Jack said.
“How was your con supposed to work?”
“Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con.”
“Yeah. Perfect.” The Doctor said with a glare.
“The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day... Getting a hint of disapproval.” Jack said.
“Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did… I just watched my daughter grow a gas mask on her face.” Doctor said with a glare.
“It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty.” Jack said trying to defend himself.
About five minutes after DD reached the Tardis to go to her room, she snapped out of that trance and went to go look for Mummy again. She had to go back to the hospital, she thinks mummy is there.
“Mummy, mummy” DD said calling.
“Mummy. Mummy. Mummy.”
“It's keeping us here till it can get at us.” Doctor said.
“It's controlling them? Jack asked.
“It is them. It's every living thing in this hospital.” Doctor said.
“Doctor it’s DD” Rose said horror struck
Doctor looked pained, he hated seeing his daughter like that.
JACK: Okay. This can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon, and as a triple-enfolded sonic disrupter. Doc, what you got?
“I've got a sonic, er. Oh, never mind.” Doctor said.
“Are you my Mummy?” DD asked.
The Patients asked the same thing.
“What?” Jack asked.
“It's sonic, okay? Let's leave it at that.” Doctor said
“Disrupter? Cannon? What?” Jack asked.
“Are you my Mummy?” DD asked, she was getting closer to the Doctor.”
“It's sonic! Totally sonic! I am soniced up!” Doctor said, “No DD, I’m not your Mummy, I’m your Daddy.”
“A sonic what?!” Jack asked.
DOCTOR: Screwdriver!
The child broke through the wall the three trapped him in. Rose grabbed Jack's blaster and pointed it at the floor.
“GOING DOWN!” Rose yelled.
Jack repaired the hole in the ceiling.
“Doctor are you ok?” Rose asked.
“Seeing her like that, it…” Doctor started but he was at a loss for words, “I haven’t had a lot of time with her, just a few days… what if…”
“Don’t think like that, we’ll find a way out of this, you always come up with something when things seem hopeless.” Rose said with a smile.
DD and the rest of the infected people were following the original child to the ambulance
“Mummy, mummy, mummy” Everybody was saying. They were walking to the bomb site.
“ Mummy, mummy, mummy” Everybody was saying over and over and over.
“ It’s bringing the gas mask people here isn’t it?” Rose asked.
“The ship thinks it’s under attack. It’s calling up the troops. Standard protocol.”
“But the gas mask people aren’t troops.” Rose said.
“They are now. This is a battle field ambulance. The nanogenes don’t just fix you up, they get you ready for the front line. Equip you, program you.” Doctor explained.
“That’s why the child is so strong. Why it could do that phone thing.
“It’s a fully equipped Chula warrior, yes. All that weapons tech in the hands of a hysterical four year old looking for his mummy. And not there’s an army of them… one being my daughter… who is really good with bombs.” Doctor said.
The Gas mask people surrounded the whole place but were not attacking.
“Why don’t they attack?” Jack asked confused.
“Good little soldiers, waiting for their commander.” Doctor said.
“The child?” Jack asked.
“Jamie” Nancy said.
“What?” Jack asked.
“His name is Jamie.” Nancy said.
“So how long until the bomb falls?” Rose asked.
“Any second.” Jack said nervous.
“What’s the matter Captain, too close to Volcano day for you?” Doctor asked.
“He’s just a little boy.” Nancy said.
“I know.” Doctor said.
“He's just a little boy who wants his mummy.” Nancy said.
“I know. There isn't a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy. And this little boy can.” Doctor said.
“So what're we going to do?” Rose asked.
“I don't know.” Doctor looked pained.
“It's my fault.” Nancy whispered.
“No.” Doctor said.
“It is. It's all my fault.” Nancy said.
“How can it be your…” Doctor started
“Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy.” Was heard all around.
“Nancy, what age are you? Twenty? Twenty one? Older than you look, yes?”
The bombs are getting closer.
“Doctor, that bomb. We've got seconds.” Jack said.
“You can teleport us out.” Rose said.
“Not you guys. The nav-com's back online. Going to take too long to override the protocols.” Jack said.
“So it's volcano day. Do what you've got to do.” Doctor said not taking his eyes off of Nancy.
“Jack?” Rose started.
Jack vanishes.
“How old were you five years ago? Fifteen? Sixteen? Old enough to give birth, anyway. He's not your brother, is he? A teenage single mother in 1941. So you hid. You lied. You even lied to him.” Doctor said.
The bomb site gate opens and Jamie stands there.
“Are you my mummy?” The child Jamie asked.
“He's going to keep asking, Nancy. He's never going to stop.” Doctor said.
“ Mummy?” The child asked again.
“Tell him. Nancy, the future of the human race is in your hands. Trust me and tell him.” Doctor said.
Nancy and Jamie walked towards each other.
“Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy?
“Yes. Yes, I am your mummy. Nancy cried.
“Mummy?” The child asked again.
“I'm here.” Nancy said.
“Are you my mummy?” The child asked.
“I'm here.” Nancy cried again.
“Are you my mummy?” The child asked.
“Yes.” Nancy cried.
“Are you my mummy?” The child asked again.
“He doesn't understand. There's not enough of him left.” Doctor explained.
“I am your mummy. I will always be your mummy. I'm so sorry. I am so, so sorry.” Nancy cried and cried.
Nancy hugs Jamie and a cloud of nanogenes surround them.
“What's happening? Doctor, it's changing her, we should” Rose started panicking.
“Shush! Come on, please. Come on, you clever little nanogenes. Figure it out! The mother, she's the mother. It's got to be enough information. Figure it out.” Doctor begged.
“What's happening?” Rose asked.
“See? Recognizing the same DNA.” Doctor said.
Jamie let go and Nancy fell on the ground.
“Oh, come on. Give me a day like this. Give me this one.” Doctor said.
The Doctor removed Jamie's gas mask.
Ha…Welcome back! Twenty years till pop music - you're going to love it.” Doctor cheered.
“What happened?” Nancy asked.
“The nanogenes recognized the superior information, the parent DNA. They didn't change you because you changed them! Ha-ha! Mother knows best!” Doctor was happy
“Oh, Jamie.” Nancy said hugging her son.
“Doctor, that bomb.” Rose said scared.
“Taken care of it.” Doctor said.
“How?” Rose asked.
“Psychology.” Doctor said with a grin.
The bomb hurtled towards them, and got caught in Jack's light beam just before impact. Jack was sitting astride the bomb.)
“Doctor!” Jack yelled.
“Good lad!” Doctor called.
“The bomb's already commenced detonation. I've put it in stasis but it won't last long.” Jack yelled.
“Change of plan. Don't need the bomb. Can you get rid of it, safely as you can?” Doctor called.
“Rose?” Jack started.
“Yeah?” Rose asked.
“Goodbye.” Jack said.
The spaceship sucks up the light beam and flies off. The Doctor summons some nanogenes to himself.
“What are you doing?” Rose asked.
“Software patch. Going to email the upgrade. You want moves, Rose? I'll give you moves.” Doctor said.
He threw the nanogenes to the waiting gas mask people who fell to the ground.
“Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once, everybody lives!” He was so happy.
Everybody stood up and was back to normal. Better than normal, they looked perfect, not a blemish or wound or anything, if somebody’s leg was gone, it was back again. That’s how good the nanogenes were.
“Doctor Constantine. Who never left his patients. Back on your feet, constant doctor. The world doesn't want to get by without you just yet, and I don't blame it one bit. These are your patients. All better now.” Doctor said excitedly.
“Yes, yes, so it seems. They also seem to be standing around in a disused railway station. Is there any particular reason for that?” Constantine asked.
“Yeah, well, you know, cutbacks. Listen, whatever was wrong with them in the past, you're probably going to find that they're cured. Just tell them what a great doctor you are. Don't make a big thing of it. Okay?” Doctor asked.
Constantine nodded.
DD found her Dad talking to the Doctor Constantine, she ran up to him and hugged him. “You saved us.”
“Did you ever doubt me?” Doctor asked.
DD smiled and shook her head no.
“I told you not to touch them.” Doctor lightly scolded, he was in too much of a good mood to really scold his daughter.
“I don’t remember touching them, think it might have happened when Rose and I were looking at them and they sat up, one of them might have touched my hair.” DD said, no other explanation fit.
“I’m just glad you’re ok.” Doctor said and he kissed her forehead.
DD liked having a dad, she liked feeling loved.
“Rose!” DD called running to her friend. She was glad to see her friend, everything was back to normal.
“Right, you lot. Lots to do. Beat the Germans, save the world. Don't forget the welfare state! Setting this to self-destruct, soon as everybody's clear. History says there was an explosion here. Who am I to argue with history?” Doctor asked.
“Usually the first in line.” Rose said.

After the explosion, the three went back to the Tardis with Doctor explaining everything to his girls. “The nanogenes will clean up the mess and switch themselves off, because I just told them to. Nancy and Jamie will go to Doctor Constantine for help, ditto. All in all, all things considered, fantastic.”
“Look at you, beaming away like you're Father Christmas.” Rose said with a smile.
“Who says I'm not? Red bicycle when you were twelve?” Doctor said with a smile and a wink.
“What?” Rose asked shocked.
“Who’s father Christmas?” DD asked.
“Explain that later.” Doctor said, “Everybody lives you two, everybody… I need more days like this.”
“Doctor.” Rose started.
“Yes?” Doctor asked.
“What about Jack? Why’d he say goodbye?” Rose asked.
“ What’d I miss?” DD asked.
“He saved us from being blown up by a bomb.” Rose said.
DD put two and two together, “Dad we have to save him.”
“Yah, yah, I know” Doctor said and he turned on some music, “I want to finish our dance first Ms. Tyler.”
Rose smiled and took the hand Doctor had out for her and they started dancing. Very horribly.
“What in the world did I miss?” DD asked herself.
The TARDIS landed inside Jack’s ship and DD opened up the doors.
Jack turned around and saw Rose and Doctor dancing.
“Well hurry up then.” DD said.
Jack didn’t have to be told twice, he hurried into the TARDIS and was shocked at the size
“It’s… bigger on the inside.” Jack said.
“You better be.” Doctor said going to his controls
“I think what he’s really means is, you may cut in.” Rose said with a smile.
They finished the song that Jack cut into and another song came on.
“I've just remembered!” Doctor announced.
“What?” DD asked.
The music changed from waltz to swing
“I can dance! I can dance!” Doctor said with a grin.
“Actually, Doctor, I thought Jack might like this dance.” Rose said awkwardly.
“I'm sure he would, Rose. I'm absolutely certain. But who with?” Doctor asked.
Rose didn’t know who to dance with.
“Go ahead and dance with him, I’m going to ask this lovely lady to the dance floor.” Jack said coming up to DD, “May I have this dance?”
DD looked shy all of a sudden, “I don’t know how.”
“I’ll teach you.” Jack said.
DD smiled and nodded, all four of them were dancing.
Sign up to rate and review this story