Categories > Original > Romance > Monster

Chapter 6, Section 1

by RedsWolf 0 reviews

About a week after Mai left Luna's castle

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2014-01-27 - 259 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Why am I still thinking of her?" I sighed, rolling over on my bed. Sleep has evaded me ever since Mai left and she haunts me in my dreams as well as my waking moments. On more than one occasion I've had to force myself not to go to her home just to check on her.
What would be the point? She doesn't need a beast like me. Her lover should be human and I'm nowhere near that anymore.
Last night's dream was the worst of the ones I've had so far. I kept hearing her say in her sweet way "Lu".
I obviously hadn't thought my decision through. I felt that she'd be better off amongst her own kind, away from me. But I'm worse without her. All I can do is speak of my loneliness to the moon.

I got up and walked out of my room, down the stairs, making a right down a narrow hallway to the glass doors that led to the ballroom. The only room I never got to show her fully.
I sat alone in the middle of it, staring at the ceiling high above and thought of my heart. She must've taken it with her when she left without either of us knowing.
"She probably isn't even thinking of me." I said it aloud just so the full weight of those words would sink into the hopeful parts of me that refuse to believe them.
"This must be what life will be like for me.." I whispered to the open air.
Sign up to rate and review this story