Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 47: At Long Last

by sgSixx 0 reviews

Seth and D marry

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-03-10 - 3538 words

1Ambiance
CHAPTER 47: AT LONG LAST
August 26, 2010
Sacramento, California

It was a hot summer morning when Seth strolled out the from doors of the rehab he had spent the last 3 months in. When he awoke that morning he figured leaving would be harder, scary perhaps. He questioned if he had truly been rehabilitated. There were so many people depending on him to have it together and do things right. He was about to be a husband and a father, they needed him. The guys needed him. Brian had been the biggest thorn in his side since day one. There were days when Seth just wanted to grab him and punch him repeatedly in his face. However, Seth knew that if it hadnt been for Brian, he would have none of this. Before meeting Brian and the guys he was walking a dead end path. Brian believed in him when no one else could in the right way. Martin had taught him how to play both bass and guitar. And when it came to writing songs, Martin always put such a perfect beat to it to really enhance the lyrics. Danny had always had his back. When he would dive from a stage to punch some guy for lude conduct with D, Danny was right there. Danny and Javier were the only 2 people Seth had ever met with the ability to physically restrain him. Then there was Devin who was always that little angel in white on Seth's shoulder. Devin was always the voice or reason. He had a way of explaining things to Seth in a way he could understand. Then there was Jennifer who had seen and endured so much. She cared enough to not let him die. He didnt want to dissappoint or let any of the down.
Yet, as he walked out those doors he felt no weight come down on him. He had no fears. There wasnt a doubt to be had. He drew in a breath of the air as if it was a newborns first breath. The air smelled sweet with flowers. This was the first time he had even noticed the scent of the flowers. The wind that warmly breezed across him felt like some long lost friend. He had been out doors almost every single day he had been there, but today was the first time he really noticed it. He saw everything. He saw the leaves on the trees, the birds chirping, the white clouds in the blue sky, the freshly cut grass, the pebbles, bushes, he could make out everything in this moment of relief and clarity. But most importantly, there was D standing at the curb waiting for him.
D couldnt believe how amazing he looked. His skin had its dark olive glow back. His black hair shined silvery in the sunlight. His frame and build was perfect again. His eyes had life in them again, twinkling and dancing. There were no more black and blank, there was that beautiful rich golden green shade. But most importantly, that award winning Seth Chandler smile was back. That was the smile she fell in love with and could never say no to. This was the Seth she remembered and loved. This was the magnetic and irisistable Seth. This was indeed the real Seth Chandler.
D had driven up from LA in Seth's black Bentley to pick him up. The odometer in it when she got in only said it had 226 miles on it. But then it hadnt been driven very far in the six months he was home to drive it. It only went between his house and D's. Seth loved his Bentley. He had it all 'tricked' out as he called it. It had an excellent stereo system in it with loads of bass. It had neon blue lights accented all around to make the floors glow. His windows were blacked out. He had customized 22 inch chrome rims that had a flameish pattern. His liscense plate was customized to read 'GOTSDIS'.
Seth's eyes lit up brighter than the sun when they fell on D standing against his car, waiting for him with a smile. He walked faster dragging his suitcase on rollers as he rushed to her. He approached her and with his free arm pulled her close. Those eyes, the ocean meeting the horizon, he was tranced. He rest his forehead on hers and closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. He inhaled the smell of her, fresh crisp Washington apples at Christmas time. He could feel her large pregnant stomach pressed between them. She had gotten so much bigger than she had been 3 months ago. He gently placed both hands on her cheeks and kissed her as he had never kissed her before. They must have stood there kissing one another for ten whole minutes as the world around them began to fade away to nothing.
Finally when Seth let her lips go he embraced her and whispered in her ear, "Damn I's been missin me some you baby...I love ya."
"I love you too," she whispered back. She stepped back from him to look him over up close. "Its good to really see YOU again...I missed this Seth."
Seth took her hands in his and noticed the ring on her finger. "See ya's gots ya ring."
"Jennifer sent it to me, its really big." D admired it.
"I's had da papah...S'a ya's ready ta do dis or what?" He gleamed.
"More than ready," she nodded.
Seth reached out and opened up the passenger side door for D to get in. "How da Bentley drive?" He asked as he wiped a finger print smudge from the black paint with the hem of his T shirt.
"Its fast," she commented, "but it looks like it was stolen from the set of a rap video."
"'Xactly," Seth nodded with a huge grin as he shut her door. He quickly rushed around to the drivers side and hopped in without opening his door.
D smiled at his enthusiasm.
Seth smirked and turned over the engine and revving. He put it into drive and spun off. D looked over at him. The sun on his hair made it glitter in the breeze. He was so handsome. He was even more handsome than he had been 7 years ago stepping into the light from Brian's garage. He looked so much more matured with the start of laugh lines. His chiseled jaw seemed so manly. He had gotten older right before her eyes, but it took being away from him so long to actually see it. She had noticed in pictures she had from the club days that she too had become even more of a woman.
"You know, D smiled, "im looking forward to Vegas...since I dont really remember my first time there."
Seth flashed his sexy smile in her direction, "Trusts me...you's had a great time."
"Shut up," she rolled her eyes and blushed. God how he loved to make her blush. He could see her running her hands over her belly. "You sure youre up for this?"
"I gots ya baby."
There was a short silence. Then D began noticing Seth checking her out.
"Watch the road...not me," she pointed at the interstate.
"Damn girl I caint help it. It done been 5 months D...An they's just somethin bout that belly dats sexy as hell. Dat my baby in there. Makes me wanna shout 'yeah muthafucka I'd done dat shit!'...Fuck baby I might not can wait til Vegas."
"I refuse to sleep with you until you marry me," she snubbed her nose.
He smiled motioning to her stomach, "Fine time for dat shit..."
They took in another moment of silence until Seth again broke it.
"You's rememba da first time I's eva told ya I's loved ya?"
D frowned, "Yeah I told you I didnt give a damn."
Seth glanced back to the road. "Naw...wuz way before dat. Afta ya ovadose in Alaska is when it hit me. I's tried ta tell ya da next night. You's wuz all barred out an aint rememba...but you said 'I love you too Seth'...Den when I's sure you aint rememba none a it...I's caint forget da way dat felt. It took my ass so much nerve to say dat shit ta you...I aint neva said it before den...Nobody has said it ta me since I's 8 years old...All dem years of feelin it an not knowin what da hell it wuz, den figgerin dat shit out...all of it for nothin...Dat shit hurt D...an dats when I's decided ta shoot up for da first time...I didnt want ta feel dat hurt. I's too scared to tells ya twice cuz you's wuz takin so many a dem bars you's wuz in D's world." He paused a moment. "But I's aint want ta change not one minute wit you's baby...Now I's undastand love...I's undastand family," he said running his hand over her stomach.

August 26, 2010
Los Angeles, California

Brian stretched in the bed with a yawn. He looked over to his left to see Madison sound asleep there. He had the freedom now to divorce her. It had been two whole months and to be honest he hadnt even thought about it. He glanced at the soft curves of her shoulder blades. Her hand lay rested by her face on the pillow. Her wedding ring sat there on top of her finger elegantly. He sat up to look her over better. His moving didnt even make her shift her weight to another position.
At that moment he found himself wanting her. Maybe it was just desperation. Then again, she was genuinely a good wife. Now that he had spent so long getting to know he he could see what a good and decent person she was. She wasnt moody or difficult to live with. She had no quirks or ticks that got on his nerves. He was finally starting to see that his wife was actually pretty awesome in every way. The truth was he was becoming used to the idea of her being there. He knew that no matter where he woke up she would always be to his immediate left. He knew that when he hurt himself she would be right there with her premed skills. She made his life easier. She kept bills payed, checkbook balanced, things tidy, and was better at managing his life than his own assistant was. It was a comfort to him knowing he had her.
It had been 14 months since he had touched her, or any woman for that fact. He didnt understand how he went so long resisting so many temptations. He could honestly say that other girls never crossed his mind. A little part of him sat there and wished things could go back to how they had been before Vegas. His eyes traveled her sleeping peacefully. He shook his head and himself wondering why he had been so damn heard headed? She even kept in contact with his mom. How strange was that? He honestly could not have asked for a better wife. It was finally dawning on him just how lucky he was.
He outstretched his hand and moved a chocolate curl from her cheek. She drew in her breath but did not move. He looked over her bare skin exposed for his view. He gently ran his fingers down her arm. She began to stir. He lay his arm across her lightly. He positioned his lips to gently brush across the back of her neck. She drew in a deep breath as her eyes began to open. She thought she was dreaming, but as she awoke more she could feel his touch. She could see his face just in kissing distance of hers.
"Bri?"
His hand gently gripped her jawline. He hesitated a moment as his eyes fluttered about hers. Then he moved his lips slowly to hers. Madison felt his lips and his arm pulling her closer to him. After all this time he was finally giving in? She had gotten pretty used to the idea of these things being off limits. She expected him to just cheat on her, but he didnt. She couldnt help but smile in victory as she ran her hand through his ruffled light brown hair. This was real. He was really there. He was kissing her just the way a man should when he hadnt had sex in over a year. She could hear his breath racing erratically. His hands gripped at her so hard there were most likely going to be bruises.
"Brian?" She asked again as his lips traveled down her neck.
"Just dont ask," he pant as he tried to calm himself a bit. He knew he would last about 5 seconds at this rate. This time he wanted to make sure Madison enjoyed it too. He knew that in the past he had never cared about that sort of thing. But right now he really cared what Madison thought and felt. He really was in love with her after all. Why in gods name had he wasted so much time?

August 26, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada

Seth could see that the were getting really close to Vegas now. He was starting to see advertisements on billboards for casinos and hotels. One caught his attention. "Da mad dash weddin chapel...exit 119," he read aloud. "Kinda fit dont it," he smiled with a shrug. "Dat be bout 20 miles."
They were quiet a few miles. Then D could see a big smile coming to Seth,s face. "What?" D asked. "What are you smiling about?"
Seth shrugged, "Bouts how nervous I's is. You's da only girl dat eva done dat shit ta me." He leaned over and gave her a quick peck on the lips. He then drew his breath in in a sigh. "I's sorry I's couldnt get my shit togetha soona D." He disbelievingly shook his head. "I aint knowin how I's lost sight a what wuz real an what wasnt. It wuz jus medicine at first. But dem pills gots ta be like candy. I's takin s'a many got to where I couldnt even tell I's takin em...jus when I's didnt cud I tell....coke was evawhere...meth. Then I's started likin how it all felt. It felt like I felt when I's dancin wit you's on stage. Den I's be goin so hard dat I's up for days...da whiskey helped...da Xanax. But the heroin...da heroin was so fast. It make everthang bad jus go 'way. It make nothin matta...not Havoc, not us...jus nothin...no angah, no pain, no mo hurt..."
D listened to him speaking so freely. it was odd for him to explain his feelings so easily. Seth was usually like a guessing game of expressions. Rehab must have taught him how to express his feelings or something. This was the most explination of anything she had ever heard from him. She wasnt about to interrupt him.
"D...Is neva wanted dem girls...dem twins...not Marla...da groupies. Alls I eva wanted wuz you...an I's couldnt be wit you's...da dope made it easiah to live wit." He paused. "Ya know...first time I's done it I aint even know what it wuz. I's thought it wuz coke...but den I's started feelin differ'nt. I's mad when I found out but den I jus felt da weight comin offa me. It was like I found some off swithch ta alls da shit goin round in my head." He glanced over to D. "I's shoulda told Havoc to fuck theyselves...I's so sorry D."
"And I'm so so sorry for leaving you like that in Europe," She added. "I should have told you about the baby months before I did."
"It straight baby...I's had a feelin...I mean I's know I's playin russian roulette...but it neva scare me...Dont go gettin me wrong...I's scared a da unknown...But I's aint scared ta have dis baby or ta marry you...You's givin me a family...dats alls I eva really needed."

August 26, 2010
Los Angeles, California

martin sat nervously in the dark as Maggie lie flat with her lower abdomine exposed. Some clear like jelly stuff covered it. His eyes focused on the screen next to the bed as the doctor began moving around the jelly covered mouse like thing over her belly. Maggie felt the grip on Martins hand tighten as soon as he saw the outline of a little body with a big head.
"Do you want to hear the heartbeat?" The doctor asked them.
They both nodded in awe with a smile. The doctor raised the volume up. A strange sound filled the room. It sounded like someone recording someone hitting the beams of a pier from under water. "Its so fast, Martin noted.
"Its very healthy," the doctor assured him as he moved around for another view of the baby. He brought the face up on the screen. "Heres the first look at your babys face."
Martin looked closely. "It seems almost transparent."
"Thats normal for now. Would you like to know the sex?"
They both nodded.
"Well it looks like youre going to have a little boy."
"A boy," Martin smiled at Maggie. "You think he will like music?"

August 26, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada

Seth and D made it to The Mad Dash Wedding Chapel. It had neon lights and candles everywhere. D rented a simple wedding dress from the chapel. Seth opted for the comforts of his rapper wear. They didnt need a big fancy public wedding. They didnt need friends or family. All they needed was each other. It was them against the world.
Seth stood at the podium with the minister adjusting his T shirt and straightening his hair. He soon heard 'You Tonight' being played throughout the chapel. It was after all pretty much their song. Seth turned and looked over his shoulder. There D stood looking more beautiful than ever.
D's eyes twinkled at Seth standing there so happy. She did her best to contain her tears of joy. She walked to the front and took her place at his side. Seth took her hands in his as they faced one another smiling. Seth looked to D and silently mouthed the words 'I love you'. His heart then skipped a beat as the minister began to speak.
"Dearly beloved..."
All Seth could think of was how incredibly lucky he was. By all rights he should have lost her a long time ago. By all accounts he should have been dead. But here he was. Today he was getting the family that every orphan longs for. Today he would get the genuine love he always needed so bad. He swore to himself that he would do right by D and their Daughter. He was going to be the best husband and father ever. He owed it to them to be.
"Do you Seth, take this woman..."
It seemed like a dream was going to snap from. His life had a way of losing things in a mere flash. He wouldnt allow that with D and the baby. They were his entire world now. They were his reason for waking. They were what made him draw air into his lungs. They were the only thing that kept his heart beating. The were the peach he had been searching for his whole life. Here it all was.
"To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, untill death do you part?"
"Straight," Seth beamed with a nod, "I do."
D turned many shades of pink as she smiled a teardrop fell.
"And do you Darcy..."
D couldnt believe that after all these years she was standing there next to Seth. She remembered wanting him to love her so badly. Then just when it seemed as if he did Havoc snatched him away from her. Now here they stood after so many long and agonizing nights apart. She knew now she would never have to endure another. Now they finally belonged to one another, always and forever.
"To have and to hold..."
Yet D still had her concerns as to if their love could work. Faithless had become an undeniable entity they could never escape. They were the catalysts for its very existence. People wouldnt soon forget them. Could the 3 of them be a family under a spotlight? Could they have a future worth something as long as Faithless blazed on?
"For better or worse..."
She knew it wasnt going to be easy, but Seth was worth it.
"...until death do you part?"
"I do," D smiled radiantly.
"You may kiss the bride.
Seth leaned forward with his hands to D's cheeks and kissed her tenderly with closed eyes. He was so happy. He had never felt more complete. Now D was his wife. She was his and only his. Everything felt perfect. Now was the time to finally make things right. The time had come for him to be a man.
Sign up to rate and review this story