Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 48: The Man Who Changed Everything

by sgSixx 0 reviews

Seth meets someone he is starstruck by

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-03-11 - 5708 words

1Insightful
CHAPTER 48: THE MAN WHO CHANGED EVERYTHING
August 26, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada

Seth stood in the window of their Vegas hotel suite in his boxers looking down over the city. He glanced down to the ring on his hand and smiled. It was quite strange to think of himself as a married man. It was nice though, he felt nothing but contentment. He didnt think he could be this happy sober. Everything was finally just as it should have been.
"Seth," D said in a soft tone startling him as she exit the bathroom. She had on a white cammisol top and black boy short panties.
Seth smiled at the view of her. There was just something about her stomach all swollen with his baby. He found it to be kind of a turn on. He shut the curtains as D crossed over to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled up at him brightly. Her aqua eyes shimmered. Seth smiled back and folded his hands behind his back. His eyes scanned her stomach with a somewhat shy and un-Seth like smile on his face. "I's nervous," he finally softly confessed.
D glanced down with a soft smile, "Me too," she nodded. It had been a very long time since they had been together.
Seth drew his breath in and gently rest his hands at her hips. He tilted his head and lightly brushed his lips with hers. "I love you," he whispered as he pulled her body close to his and held it in a tight embrace. His thoughts were soon distracted by the baby moving in her stomach. He smiles and whispers as he holds her, "We know you's there." His hands lovingly began to caress her stomach as he released D from his arms.
"She really wants out of there," D smiled observing the amazement on Seth's face. She had never seen him seem so proud. He also seemed so nervous. D thought it was cute
"Soon," he said softly feeling the baby ripple under his hands. "But right now," he said looking up at D, "she gots ta wait for mommy an daddy ta seals dis deal." He stooped over and gently kissed her collarbone.
"It all seems too good to be true."
Seth held his ring out and admired it again. "It for real baby." He took a step backwards tugging at her hand. He felt just the same as he did at 13 years old in Gwen Greenwyn's bedroom. Why? D was his wife now, he had no reason to be nervous. He had been with her hundreds of times over the past years. It amused him that after all this time D could still make him feel so nervous. It had to be a sign that she was really the one.
He tried his best to be gentle with his new bride that night but it was hard to harness all the millions of emotions he was feeling. He lost himself every time he saw the ocean on the horizon or smelled the sweet linger of apples. He was so nervous he was actually shaking. Shaking like the start of being dope sick or needing a drink. He felt the baby moving again. He glanced to D. "They's say she can hear us...an dat she dreams..."
"Have you been reading" D asked in surprise.
He nodded, "They's wuznt much else ta do in rehab." He smiled tracing her stomach with his fingertips. "Ya know...when I's thank of 'er I's always be callin her Silvah in my head."
"Silva?" D asked.
"Likes da color."
"Oh...Silver...Silver Chandler?"
"Too throwed off?" He asked.
"No," she shook her head, "its different but I like it. She would have your initials."
His smile broadened. "Silvah," he said her name out loud. "I love you baby girl," he said pressing his lips to D's belly.
He tied to imagine what life was going to be like on the road in a few months. He had no idea how they would manage. He knew how busy Havoc would have them. Then there were the shows that seemed to keep getting bigger and louder and longer. It was way too loud for a newborn. What would they do with her while they had to be on stage or in interviews or on TV? Who would they ever find to watch her? He prayed for the answers to those questions but the answers just werent coming. He had to find the answers. Silver would be here soon.

Seth restlessly tossed and turned in the bed trying not to wake D. It had been a really long time since he had had a decent nights sleep. Before it was drugs now that he was sober it was dreams and nightmares which woke him. At least when he was on drugs he didnt have these damn dreams. Sometimes it would be the bad dreams of Vera and waking up saying 'mama wake up'. Then there were the dreams about getting high that would wake him with a jerk just as he was sticking a needle in his arm. Sometimes he woke up and still reached for a bottle of Jack or his bottle of pills. He sighed and sat up on the edge of the bed. He ran his hand over his face and neck.
"Seth?" D drowisly asked.
"Its a'ite baby...go back to sleep." He get up from the bed and pulls on his pants.
"Where you going?" D asks.
"Jus caint sleep baby," he says reaching for his shirt, "I's gone go down ta da casino an hits dem craps tables cuz you know I's be shinein on dat shit," he smiled.
"But we dont have security...you sure thats such a good idea?"
"Da hotel gots security baby...Ima be a'ite," he said leaning over her and giving her a kiss.
Seth pulled on his shirt and stuck his key card in his back pocket, his wallet in the other. He shoved his phone into his front pocket. His eyes crossed over D, his beautiful wife. He hoped a few hours in the casino would wind him down and make him able to sleep. He wished just being beside D would work. He was restless. He had spent almost every night of his life performing for the last 7 years. He had to burn off some energy. Some high stakes craps should work just fine. He quietly left the room and stepped into the elevator.
%he elevator door opened into the casino. A small group of people stepped into the elevator as he stepped out. He knew by the looks on their faces that they knew who he was. He dropped his head trying not to draw attention. He just didnt feel like dealing with fans and their demands right now. He just wanted to wind down, perchance to sleep. He made his way over to the craps tables. He noticed a crowd around one table in particular. He couldnt keep a cocky smile from crossing his lips. He knew how good he was at this game. He shoved his way to the front of the table ans saw the stack of chips on it. He could hear people around him asking 'Is that Seth Chandler?' He didnt look, he was glued to that table.
"Of all the craps table in the world..." Smiled the dealer looking up at Seth then to another black haired figure that sat at the other end of the table. He seemed to be the one that was winning big.
Seth glanced to the guy and back down to the table for a moment. Then his eyes slowly glanced back to the man who was now looking at him too. Seth couldnt believe who it was. This was Trey Reynolds of Halo. The very singer that Seth had modeled his entire voice around. This was his biggest inspiration on how to be a rock star.
"Seth Chandler..." Seth noticed that Trey was actually saying his name. This was THE Trey Reynolds.
Seth's shocked jaw couldnt help but fall open, star struck. He quickly recovered by saying, "Dawg...ya's aint got no idea what a fan I be a yours."
Trey lightly chuckled, "Yeah, I saw you on Good Day Live talking about it," he said as he carelessly tossed the dice. Seth tried to focus on the dice but Trey addressed him again. "Say, you wanna grab a drink with me at the bar?"
"Hells yeah dawg," Seth excitedly said as got up to follow Trey. He had never felt starstruck by another celebrity before.
Trey pushed a jet black strand of hair from his eyes and turned to part the sea of fans that had collected. Seth couldnt help but notice the way Trey could just breeze right through them like they werent even there. He made eye contact with no one. He didnt smile, nod or even acknowledge them. If Seth didnt know better he would think these people were afraid of Trey. Xtreme had done the same thing. Seth apparently hadnt learned how to do this yet. He was too distracted by the screams and the flashing of phones. He still looked his fans in the eyes and smiled. Trey and Xtreme seemed numb to it. He wondered if one day he would be too?
Trey sat at the bar and motioned for the bartender. Seth was still caught up with fans and trying to make it to the bar stool next to Trey. Trey turned and looked to Seth over his shoulder. "What"s your poison?"
"Uh...coke...soda...not..." He nervously took a seat.
Trey looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a strange look on his face. "Oh," he finally nodded as his face returned to normal, "I get it...youre fresh out of rehab, right?"
Seth could only nod.
"Well," Trey sighed, "you have soda then. But my apologies but I need something a bit stronger," he halfway smirked at Seth. Seth could see Trey was a bit agitated that he wasnt drinking with him. But them maybe hie was angry with himself for drinking himself. "So," he says interrupting Seth's thoughts, "What brings you to Vegas fresh out of rehab?" He glances to Seth and takes a gulp of his drink. "Kind of an odd place to be starting over a new leaf...being that it is Sin City and all."
Seth glanced to his wedding ring and showed it to Trey.
"Oh," Trey nodded taking another drink, "Let me guess...Darcy Blackwell?"
"Yeah," Seth shyly smiled.
"Congratulations," Trey spoke but the meaning of the word wasnt portrayed on his face. "Shes hot," Trey said taking another drink. "And a baby on the way? Right?"
"A girl," Seth proudly smiled, "She be due bout da end a Octoba."
Trey looked down and let a slight smile cross his lips. He was strange and distant it seemed. He definately seemed to be distracted. He cleared his throat and looked to Seth. "And I suppose Havoc will have you both out on the road again as soon as possible?"
Seth had never even thought of it before, but Trey too had been under Havoc's thumb. However, Trey beat them at their own game and managed to get his own label out of them.It was the only way they could hang on to Trey and the millions he made them. They had to leave him be and just let him do it. So Trey moved to Austin, Texas. He built a state of the art recording studio. This would be where he would record and produce his music for the remainder of his carreer. Then one day Trey decided he would just quote on quote, retire. Havoc took back his label but they couldnt touch his studio. That studio had kept his afloat for the past 15 years. He rented it out to would be musicians who had the cash for studio time. Occasionally he would produce things. It wasnt the millions he made with Havoc, but it was enough to sustain the lifestyle.
Seth nodded. "We go back afta da first a da year."
"Fucking Havoc," Trey mumbled and shook his head, "And the baby?"
Seth shrugged, "Me an D aint gots no family...Aint gots no choice but ta brangs da baby too."
Trey sighed. He saw Seth had no other options. He felt sorry for the kid. He was trapped by Havoc just the same as he had once been. He knew how Seth must have felt. He knew percisely how controlling Havoc could be. He knew how they would keep on pushing him and pushing him. "Theyre going to keep it up like this until you make them stop." He took another drink.
Seth looked to Trey. "They's done it ta you's too huh?"
Trey nodded as he appeared to get lost deep in thought. He was quiet for a long while as he stared off into space with his gaze fixed on nothing. Seth attentively watched and waited for him to say something. "Havoc Records took my entire life away." He eventually looked back to Seth. It was funny to see Seth looking at him as a fan and not just another celebrity. Trey had stopped being star struck by celebrities he had admired years ago. Besides, the name Seth Chandler was by far more of a household name than his had ever been. But he could relate to the shoes Seth was wearing. Fifteen years ago he had been standing in them too. He knew exactly where this kid was in life. He also understood all too well how he had come to be fresh out of rehab. "So," Trey finally spoke, "Youre from Phoenix?"
"I grew up around Cleveland..."
"I know," Seth smiled shyly.
"Oh right," Trey slightly grinned, "youre a fan." He let out a slight chuckle finding it a bit strange that someone of higher celebrity status was so in awe of him. Seth was so huge that the only place you didnt see his face was maybe on Home Makeover Magazine. Despite the fact that Trey's time had since passed, he had left behind a legacy, one he couldnt escape. He had hoped beyond hope that when he 'retire' he would be forgotten. He thought that people would stop asking for autographs and that papparazzi would quit taking pictures. This wasnt the case. Trey found himself with a fame he couldnt live down or run from. It wasnt what it had once been, but it just never completely went away. He knew it would be this way for Seth too. "So, youre really an orphan?" Trey bluntly asked.
Seth nodded with a sigh.
"Yeah...Havoc really marketed the hell out of that one...poor little Seth, lets make him feel better by buying shit...please be his fan," he half mocked the words as he sat his drink down.
Trey's bluntness surprised Seth. "I hate da way they's done dat shit."
"It best left in the past," Trey nodded, "Life's full of bad shit. If you have to carry it all around with you all the time it starts to define you..." Trey could sense Seth's discomfort growing. He could see the subject matter bothered him. He decided to lighten the mood. "The whole dancing thing is genius by the way. You really set your place in history with that one."
Seth shrug, "Dont know iffin its alls dat."
Trey nodded. "It is. Trust me. It was a great way to get people to look even if they didnt listen. Its kinda like what we did with shock rock. We gave them something to gawk at. The media had a field day with our pale skin and goth clothes. But with you guys its not a freak show...Havoc is marketing the American love story."
Seth shrugged seeing his point.
"Did you really get the idea from rap video's?" Trey smiled.
Seth nodded, "Alls I listen ta is rap dawg...wit da 'xception a you when I's jus a kid."
"Ummm," Trey nodded and took a drink, "I can see how I would have appealed to a pissed off orphan."
Seth smirked thinking back on the time of his life when he listened to Halo. He had been pretty pissed off and depressed.
"Dont get me wrong," Trey spoke, "I like rap too. I appreciate the beats.ive used some. The lyrics are...lacking...not much depth..."He pauses a moment, "So whats the real deal with you and D? Havoc always puts a spin on things like that."
"They's made us be apart an sneak round ta see each otha...made us have otha people...celebrities."
Trey nodded. "I'd say their plan worked...and let me guess," Trey spun on his bar stool to face Seth, "you did just as they wanted and it drove you crazy. You lost track of everything trying to numb it with dope and drinks?" Yep, Trey had read that book and seen the movie. He even bought the T shirt.
Seth looked down nodding.
"Fucking Havoc," Trey rolled his eyes and reached for his drink once more. "And I also take it that Havoc isnt aware of your little shotgun Vegas wedding? Surely they would want an elaborate shindig."
Seth nodded.
"Well...guess they can sell their fairy tale ending now."
"I's guess," Seth sighed.
"Its gonna be real hard with a baby on the road," Trey sipped his drink. "Babies need so much attention. attention Havoc aint gonna let you give it."
"Yeah," Seth sighed again running his hands through his hair.
"But what can you do right?" Trey shrugged.
"Alls I eva wanted wuz a family dawg..."
Trey watched as a humble smile swept across Seth's face. Trey could see happy he was at the dawning of his new little family. "A family is a real thing," Trey began, "the stage, the life, the press...the fans...that shit aint real. At the end of the day family should be all that matters."
"What yous mean?" Seth asked.
"I mean the stadiums full of pepole screaming your name, cameras flashing in your face, being on the cover of a magazine, executives, money...none of that shit even matters."
"Why dont it?" Seth asked him.
"Because," Trey said as he looked to Seth seriously, "you dont come home to any of it. You dont lay in bed next to it. It doesnt comfort you when youre upset. It wont argue with you. It doesnt give a shit if youre tired or hungry. Your in that spotlight two hours a day...that leaves a whole lot of hours...and family...thats what its all about, creating a lineage. Get married and make babies...just be a good dad man."
Seth smiled tenderly, "Dats da plan...but I's aint gots a clue what I's doin dawg."
"Its simple," Trey sighed, "just plant it in youre head that you wont fail...and you wont. Everything is that simple...even staying off dope." He motions the bartender for another drink.
"Word?" Seth questioned.
Trey smiled at his choice in lingo. "Rehabs are a joke Seth. At the end of you brief stay in the nice wooded little private retreat, youre thrown back into the real world. And man, that world youre in...the drugs will never go away. The temptation is constantly going to be right in your face. If you dont convince yourself 'Hey Im done', youll end up right back where you were, probably worse. I speak from distinct personal experience. I went to rehab 4 times, it never worked because I wasnt ready for it to work. But then...I didnt have any reason to be ready...Maybe if..." He paused not finishing his sentence. His picked his new drink up and changed his train of thought. "But then...then I just woke up one day and said, 'Enough'. I didnt need some rehab. I didnt have to hide from the drugs because they just stop mattering. I didnt let them matter. I didnt want them."
Seth exhaled deeply, "Oh I wants em," he shamefully admitted. "Jus dat now I gots dis baby I gotta like keep alive an shit dawg. I gots a wife to take care of. I's done put D thru mo dan enuff...I's caint keep lettin 'er down, ya know?"
"You must love her," Trey seemed to entertain the thought of real true love. He watched as a glow swept Seth's face as he thought of D.
"She da one dawg."
Trey seemed to be examining him closely. "Hummm...youre pretty smart for your age...wish I would have been that smart at your age," he lift his drink to his mouth and took a sip. "Mmmm such enlightments for me didnt come until much later."
"How long it done been since yous quit?" Seth wondered aloud.
"Well," Trey thought, "the hard shit...five years." He motions to his drink, "But a man needs some stress relief sometimes. I like a stiff drink and a fat joint at the end of a stressful day. But hey, at least Im not waking up with a needle still in my arm, or shoving toilet paper up my nose to stop the nose bleeds, or going to bed with a cocktail of pills."
Seth nodded attentively. "S'a...what it take for you's ta say 'enuff'?"
Trey smiled reminiscently, "It was my 42nd birthday," he began. "I woke up with this massive five alarm hangover. I had been banging coke for probably five or six days straight. I probably drank 3 gallons of vodka. I woke up on my bed, fully dressed. I got up and walked out of my room to find my house trashed...apparently the party was at Treys house," he shrugged. "But I couldnt find one single person still there...and it was my birthday. Normally there would at least be some naked chick next to me in bed. I guess thats when it all sort of hit me...nobody gave a shit about me. I didnt take the time to keep any of my real friends or family. I was Trey Reynolds...Mr. Self Destruction and shock you. I lived just to be on that stage with all those strangers telling me how they loved me and wanted me, singing along to the words that I had written. Who needed or had time for friends and family back home? I thought the whole world loved me and was my huge family." Trey lightly chuckled to himself taking a drink, "But...I finally realized, standing there all alone in a trashed house, that I didnt have shit that mattered. My entire existance was bullshit. Fame is bullshit...So I said, 'Trey, its time to do something different. Youre 42 years old. You shouldnt still be partying and screwing teenagers. A guy your age could almost be their dad. Nobody wants to see you try to be 20 anymore. It just comes to a point in life when you just gotta grow up. It was time for me to get my shit together."
Seth understood completely what Trey was saying.
"The truth is," Trey continued, "and the point...is that I should have focused on people to share this crazy ass life with me. Now here I sit...47, with a million and one stories to share and no one to share them with," he smiled humbly at Seth. "Youre really lucky man, to have the wife and kid thing going for you. Me...If I had a kid today Id probably be dead before it graduated. All its friends would think I was its grandpa." He took a drink. "I blew it man. You be smarter than me. Keep in mind what really matters..." He went silent seeing the impact of his words triggering Seth's mind. He hoped the kid was smarter than him. "You know," he said after a moment, "theres other ways of being in the business without being on the stage. I mean you dont always have to do this. You have the freedom to give it up any time you choose."
Seth shrugged, "Dawg I's been on a stage almost eva night for da las 7 years...I aint know what else ta do."
"Youre a brilliant songwriter, you could easily sell your lyrics. Hell, a kid as good looking as you could be in the movies or modeling underwear or some shit."
Seth dismissively chuckled, "Naw...dat shit aint for me. Is aint takin no speech classes or lettin em airbrush away all my scars. Dis is me."
Trey lightly shook his head, "You cant have a family on that stage man."
"I know," Seth nodded with disappointment, "But I's got no choice cuz I's unda contract wit Havoc."
"I was too!" Trey piped up. "I stood up!" He emphasised. "I fought them! And you can too! What youre failing to realize is that they want you. They need you...at any cost. Their worst fear is losing you. Sure theyll throw all the shit in your face about your costs, assets, and contracts...but its just to control you with fear. Their goal is to keep you under their thumb by making you feel like you have no other choice. Theyre just threats. Be strong. Be demanding. Call their bluffs. You would be surprised at how easily their wills can be bent. Youre the one holding all the cards. Youre the one with the cult following. You bring in the money. They should be working for you. Stop fearing them. This business is total bullshit Seth. Why should they own the music you write? Who the hell made them god?"
"Dawg," Seth paused, "when Is wuz a kid I's invisible. Den I's somehow become what eva girl wanted...Den I's wakes up on day an I's da star runnin back and populah...I likes bein da centa a attention. I's hooked on it."
Trey nodded understandingly. He too knew the craving of acceptance. He could only imagine how much stronger it must be in a guy who grew up like Seth did. Feelings of unwantedness were hard to break free from. Trey could see the appeal he would have with it. It made ammends for his unloved childhood. But Trey knew that that feeling of acceptance wasnt real. Fans were only there because youre the flavor of the month. Someday Seth wouldnt be number one anymore. "Well...just dont push away the ones that matter for some romantic affair with the stage."
Seth couldnt help but notice that Trey seemed jaded by the whole rock star life. Apparently with good reason too. Seth wondered what it might have been. He had never heard anyone paint such a picture of the life. It was completely opposite of what he heard from Brian and Martin. "Did you's push em all 'way dawg?" Seth shyly asked Trey.
Trey chuckled, "Even my pets." He became silent a moment as seriousness swept his face. He picked his drink up and took a sip. "I had friends...family...a girl. But as Halo took off I had less and less time for them. I always said I was too busy, which I was, with fucking up. Eventually they just stopped waiting. I assume my actions showed their unimportance to me. They just started drifting away...slipping away...and I let them. I had the stage. I thought the stage loved me as muc as I loved it. It took the stage being gone for me to realize how empty and alone my life really was. And if D was my wife...respectfully man...youve got one beautiful girl."
"Yeah dawg," Seth smiled proudly.
"Dog," Trey slightly huffed quite amused at how Seth kept calling him that. "I guess rap music is a huge influence to you."
"Yeah...you's da only rock influence I's got...sorry iffin I's eva offended ya by tryin ta sang da way you's do..."
"I feel honored to be honest with you," Trey took a drink.
"Ya know," Seth mused, "Yous kinda 'xactly how I's always imagined you'sd be. It feel like...like I's done met ya's before."
Trey nodded, "Youre kind of like a de ja vu to me too. Basically youre...me...many years ago and with a hell of alot more going for you." Trey examined him closely, "I feel some need to save you...like some sort of self redemption thing." He shrugged and gulped his drink.

D tossed and turned in their hotel suite. She just couldnt go back to sleep with Seth gone. She didnt know what he might be doing. She had a hundred reasons to be concerned. For all she knew he could have been out doing dope. How could she know from one day if the rehab worked? She glanced out the window to see that the sun was coming up. She sat up on the edge of the bed and began getting dressed to go down to the casino.
Upon reaching the casino it took about two seconds to find him. All she had to do was find a huddle of people. She knew in the center would be Seth.ed her way through the crowd. She could eventually see Seth sitting at the bar with some guy. She noticed security guys, they werent their's or the hotels.
"Seth," she called out.
Seth heard her voice above all the others and turned to look. "'Ey Baby," he said motioning to one of the security guys to let her pass.
She walked up to his and wrapped her arms around his shoulder. "Morning," she smiled kissing him. She turned a smile to Trey not really paying attention. Trey could see she was trying to assess her husbands condition.
"Trey," Seth excitedly spoke, "Dis my wife, D Blackwell...'er Chandlah I mean," he nervously smiled. "D, baby, dis Trey Reynolds."
"Yes Im aware," Trey cordially nodded to D trying his best to not check her out. Even pregnant she was stunningly beautiful. He wasnt sure if he could trust himself alone with her. She was just amazing looking.
"Wow," D said in shock as she studied him further. She could see it was him now, just older and a bit more toned down. "Youre who Seth always talks about when it comes to his singing. I cant believe Im meeting you."
Trey nervously looked down to his drink in his hand and forced a smile to his face, "Likewise." God he was trying his best to stay on his best behavior. 5 years ago he would have already been halfway upstairs with her.
Seth couldnt help but notice how nervous Trey suddenly seemed in D's presence. Seth was used to seeing men react to her that way. Maybe he should have been pissed but he wasnt. He knew tonight she would be in his bed. He would be the one waking up next to that. Yeah, she was his wife and he was the luckiest guy on the planet.
"Well,"Trey said standing up, "I should get going."
"Yous gone be in Vegas long?" Seth quickly asked him.
"Til Sunday," he nodded.
"You should have dinner with us tonight," D smiled to him.
Trey shook his head with a shy smile, "Its your Honeymoon. You dont need me in that mix." He let out a nervous chuckle. "But if you kids are ever in Austin...my doors always open." He pulled a card from his pocket and extended it out to Seth. "Hey, give me a call sometime. Ive got all those stories to tell you know..."
"Straight Dawg," Seth beamed taking the card.
Trey nodded a silent goodbye and dissappeared through the sea of heads in the casino.

August 27, 2010
Los Angeles, California

Brian fumbled around through his dresser and in his closet. He unzipped pockets, looked under things, in boxes and drawers, through his empty luggage, his shaving kit, everywhere...Where was it? He had to find it. He knew it had to be there somewhere. He didnt recall having thrown it away. Then finalyy, stuffed into one of his boots, he felt the velvet box ttained tat Madison had gim. He opened up the box and really examined it for the first time. He noticed two colors of gold on itThe diamonds twinkled with a flawless shine. It was something that he himself migve picked out. He slid the ring onto his finger. He had never really been a ring person. Its shine kept catching his eye.
He returned back into the bedroom to show Masison. "I kept this...Im sorry I dodnt start wearing it until now."
Madison looked so surprised. They were distracted by the TV.
"...Yesterday in Los Vegas, Seth Chandler was spotted in a casion with Trey Reynolds, formerly of Halo. Sources say the two talked for hours at the bar, Reynolds drinking whiskey and coke and Chandler plain soda. Sources report that Chandler has never looked better. Later in the early morning hours the two were joined at the bar by Darcy Blackwell. It was then that fans began spotting the wedding rings on their fingers. Chandler and Blackwell are indeed confirmed to have been married on Friday when they eloped to the Mad Dash Wedding Chapel in Los Vegas. The couples first child, rumored to be a girl, is due at the end of October.
As any Seth Chandler fan knows, Trey Reynolds is the only rock influence he has. It is undetermined what Chandler and Reynolds talked about. Reynolds is known to be a saavy business man, having some years ago actually beat Havoc Records, Chandlers record company as well, at their own game. He simply refused to record until they gave him artistic freedom. Eventually Havoc agreed and gave Reynolds his own label, Void Records. When Reynolds shocked fans by saying he was retiring the Company, Void Records, was dissolved back into Havoc Records.Perhaps thw two are planning to record together. Maybe it was nothing more than a chance encounter..."
Brian sighed at the TV.
Sign up to rate and review this story