Categories > Original > Fantasy > Princess Nevermore

Chapter 1

by Azarath 1 review

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2014-08-16 - Updated: 2014-08-16 - 546 words

0Unrated
Princess Nevermore came too in a clouded state of mind. With her eyes still closed, she felt the warmth of the sun on her face.

That's weird... she thought. I don't remember falling asleep. Her thoughts shattered when reality came crashing back. A voice...a human voice.

Her eyes shot open when she felt her head move. It didn't feel like she was on solid ground...

The first thing she saw was the blinding sun surrounding a sillouhette of darkness. Taking a minute to allow her eyes to adjust, she looked back up and gasped. It was a man, which she recognized only because of the pictures in the books she spent so much time reading. Brown hair, sun-kissed skin... He must be a peasant, she thought, but they're all afraid of me. Why is he here...?

"Are you alright?" he whispered. His voice was deep, like gravel against the path in her garden. It awoke something deep inside of her, something she couldn't place.

"Y...yes," she replied. Her voice was quiet, scared. She cleared her throat and tried to speak more forcefully. "What are you doing here?" she snapped.

He smiled at her fake brovado, and continued to speak quietly. At this point, Nevermore had realized her head laying upon his lap, and she didn't bother to move it. She was quite comfortable.

"My name is Peter by the way. I'm a peasant...my parents recently died, and I come looking for work. Stories of you travel through our village, but I never believed them. I've seen you bathing in your stream out back before, and anyone that beautiful could never be evil." He smirked as he saw Nevermore's face flood with color at the understanding that he'd watched her bathe.

Nevermore, horrified, sat up. "You...you little thing! You watched me bathe? How? No-one can get into my forest, anywhere near my stream..." She stopped at the way he was grinning. "You're a little snipe, you know that? My baths are private. No-one has ever dared look upon me in my vulnerability and lived to tell the tale..."

She broke off and glanced into his eyes, startled at how green they were. He was slightly taller than her, and he was peering down the bodice of her dress...he could see all the way down her chest. Blushing crimson, she snapped her fingers next to his face. He looked at her face, and bit his lip.

"I'm sorry," he moaned. "You're just so beautiful..." He leaned forward, placing his hand in her hair behind her head...

Princess Nevermore slapped him. He recoiled, jumping to his feet. "You will never touch me again, unless I ask you to. I am a princess, born and bred in this castle. You will be my servant, receiving a monthly allowance. You shall run errands for me, do whatever I please, and you will have a home, food, and care." Princess Nevermore spoke with passion, rising gracefully to her feet. She looked into his eyes and saw the fire there. Smirking, she added a final thought.

"And no more watching me bathe."

With that statement, she twirled on her heel and strode into the castle, her home and her prison, not waiting to see if Peter was following.
Sign up to rate and review this story