Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > The Fifth Xiaolin Dragon

Chapter Two: The Welcoming Commitee

by Dragon-of-Light 0 reviews

Chapter Two: Will Aly Tanner Fit in? Will the young monks make her feel welcome? Will another Sheng Gong Wu be activated? All answers will be answered soon!

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Chase Young,Clay,Dojo,Kimiko,Omi,Raimundo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-13 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 1854 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two: The Welcoming Community

~~At the Xiaolin Temple~~

Master Fung: "You have returned young ones."

Omi: "That's right Master Fung, we not only did we retrieve the Culvar Crystal, but we also ran into Aly Tanner."

Master Fung: "Who?"

Aly: "I am sir, my name is Aly Tanner. I just arrived here from England."

Master Fung: "Ah yes of course, welcome to the Xiaolin Temple Aly Tanner."

Aly: "Thank you Master Fung."

They both bowed to each other.

Master Fung: "I will get your uniform ready, until then your new friends will help you get settled in."

Master Fung left Aly with the other monks.

Kimiko: "Hey Aly, want a tour of the Temple?"

Aly: "Sure, I just need to drop off my stuff first."

Clay: "Well lucky for you little lady, we have your bunkroom all ready."

Aly: "Thanks, come on Amber."

Amber followed Aly and the others to her new room.After Aly got her stuff all set up, she joined Raimundo, Omi, Clay, and Kimiko with the tour of the Xiaolin Temple. They all met up at the training field.

Kimiko: "Okay, to start off the tour this is the training field, this is where the Fung-maister challenges us with obstacle courses, tests, etc."

Rai: "In other words; you just listen and participate. No notes required."

Aly: "Sounds like P.E. class."

The others laughed at Aly's joke, except Omi because he was a little confused.

Omi: "What is this P.E. you speak of?"

Clay: "It stands for physical education."

Rai: "Oh and to just you the heads up, Master Fung sometimes give us some wise sayings, they might sound confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it."


~~Meanwhile in Jack Spicer's Lair~~

Jack Spicer was in the middle of repairing his robots from that fight in Notre Dame, when he got a transmission from Chase Young.

Chase Young: "Greetings Spicer."

Jack Spicer: "Chase Young! Hi! What's new?"

Chase Young: "I need you to do me a favor."

Jack Spicer: "I must be dreaming, you're asking me to do a favor for you?"

Chase Young: "Yes."

Jack Spicer: "Wait, you're not going to turn me into a monkey again are you?"

Chase Young: "No. I want you to gather some information on a certain girl."

Jack Spicer: "Oooo, a girl? But wait why do you need a girlfriend? You have Wuya. Are you going to cheat on her? That is so evil! Is this girl evil too? Almost as evil as Wuya but cuter? "

Chase Young: "SILENCE!"

Jack jumped into the air, screamed in a girly voice, and fell on his head after Chase Young yelled at him.

Chase Young: "I'm not looking for a girlfriend. I'm not interested in that kind of disgusting relationship! I want you to gather research on a girl named Aly Tanner."

Jack Spicer: "Aly Tanner?"

Chase Young: "What are you, a parrot?"

He got up and brushed off the dust off his coat.

Jack Spicer: "Well I would like to help you Chase, but I need more information than a name, I need to know; how old she is, her height, her hair and eye color..."

Chase Young: "I was going to tell you that she's with the Xiaolin Monks."

Jack Spicer: "Huh? Well why didn't you say that in the first place?"

Chase Young: "Just get to it Spicer."

The transmission ended.

Jack Spicer: "Looks like I get to tryout my new invention. SPY-DER BOT!"

A robot-like spider crawled on his table after it was summoned.

Jack Spicer: "I need you to infiltrate the Xiaolin Temple and gather any information on a 'certain girl'. Wait for my instructions as soon as you get there. It's a good thing I kept that old blue print of the Chameleon Bot's morphing program and inserted into it."

He laughed his annoying evil laugh loudly.


~~Back at the Temple~~

It started to rain at the Xiaolin Temple. After the young monks finished the tour, they all sat down in the dining area having hot tea because it was getting a little chilly. Aly felt shy being surround by new people in a new environment, so the monks started to ask her some questions about herself to help her to break the ice.

Kimiko: "So Aly, where did you go to school before coming here?"

Aly: "I go to the William Academy for the Extremely Gifted."

Clay: "I heard of that school, my cousin Joey studied abroad there. It's for Day students and Students who are studying abroad."

Rai: "I guess Jack Spicer, Evil Boy Genius, wasn't able to enroll in a school like that."

Everyone laughed except Aly.

Kimiko: "Not to mention he's a mama's boy."

Omi: "Yes, it is most ironic."

Aly: "Who's Jack Spicer?"

Rai: "Just some dork."

Clay: "Why don't you tell us more about yourself?"

Omi: "Oh yes, please do tell us. What do you like to read? Do you know any martial arts? What's your favorite food? What's your favorite color?"

Clay: "Whoa there Omi, one question at a time."

Aly: "Okay well in order; I perfer fantasy literature, I know several types of martial arts, I am a vegetarian, and I like any color except hot pink."

Omi: "Oh! I'm a vegetarian too!"

Kimiko: "Omi..."

Omi: "Sorry, please continue."

Aly: "I'm also an animal lover."

Rai: "What kind of music do you like to listen to?"

Aly: "I like to listen to Retro 80's, Reggae, Techno, Rock and Roll, Opera...pretty much everything."

Omi: "Are you an only child?"

Aly: "Yep, but I do have a lot of aunts, uncles, and cousins."

Dojo: "Who are your parents?"

Aly: "My mom is Sarah Tanner, she was born Liverpool. My dad is Mike Tanner, he was born Arizona, and he is half Navajo."

Kimiko: "What do they do?"

Aly: "My mom is a Scientist in Cyber Robotics, and my dad owns a marital art studio called /Fusion Arts/."

Rai: "Fusion Arts?"

Aly: "It's a combination between hula, hip hop, and any other kind of dance mixed with different types of Martial Arts."

Rai: "Cool."

Aly: "Yep, and I was the President of the Art Club, a member of the Philosophy Club, and I was Captain of the Judo Team."

Omi: "Wow."

Clay: "Did your dad teach you martial arts?"

Aly: "Yep, he taught me; Kickboxing, Aikido, Karate, Archery, Egyptian stick fencing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Oom Yung Doe, and Savate."

Omi: "Savate?"

Aly: "It's French Kickboxing which uses both hands and feet, contains western boxing, grappling, and kicking techniques. Only foot kick are allowed."

Rai: "Sounds like you're the most popular girl in school."

Aly: "Well I wouldn't say that."

Dojo and Amber slithered into the dining area holding a plate of fortune cookies, and the cookies Aly brought.

Dojo: "I hope you kids are in the mood for cookies. Try Aly's cookies they're good."

Aly: "My mom made those. I hope your don't mind pumpkin spiced flavored."

Clay picked one up and took a bite on it.

Clay: "Mmmm, they are good."

Dojo: "Here Aly, I saved you a special fortune cookie for you."

Dojo handed Aly a fortune cookie and she grabbed it with her thumb and index finger. She broke it in half and reads the message which looks like it was written by hand; You're new friends will always be there for you and support you no matter what. She looked up and sees Kimiko secretly waving to her, letting her know that she was the one who wrote it. Aly felt happy knowing she's surrounded by good friends.

Master Fung: "I see that my young monks are having a good time."

Clay: "Yes sir."

Kimiko: "Totally."

Rai: "Ditto."

Aly: "Yep."

Rai: "But the important thing, is Omi having a good time?"

Omi: "Why yes I am...huh? Hey! You're making fun of me!"

Raimundo laughs.

Master Fung: "Aly, I have your uniform all ready."

He held up Aly's new uniform, it looks like Kimiko's except the pants are black.

Aly: "Thank you Master Fung."

She bowed to Master Fung. He notices the strange birth mark on her right hand. It is a dragon with it's tail coiling around her wrist and her head is lying on the back of her hand, it also has a jagged diamond-like marking on it's forehead.

Aly: "Are you okay Master Fung?"

Master Fung: "Oh...uh...yes I am. Why don't you try this on, I'll be in the scroll room if you all need me."

He left the room with a calm look on his face. Aly was perplexed (puzzled) by Master Fung's behavior.

Aly: "Has Master Fung always been pensive?"

Rai: "Nah, of course it's pretty hard to tell the difference.

Aly giggles. She's so cute when she laughs. Raimundo thought.

Omi: "I think Raimundo likes Aly /alot/."

Raimundo heard what Omi said and got irritated.

Rai: "I do not! I just like the fact she has a sense of humor!"

Clay: "Don't deny it Raimundo partner."

Omi: "Raimundo and Aly, sitting in a tree, h-u-g-g-i-n-g!"

Rai: "That's k-i-s-s-i-n-g! And knock it off!"

Omi: "First comes love, then comes marriage, and here comes Raimundo with a baby carraige! Haha!"

Rai: "That's it, you're dead!"

Omi screamed and Raimundo chased him around the table. Clay was trying to stop them. Kimiko sat there and giggles.

Aly: "Shouldn't we stop them?"

Kimiko: "Don't worry Al, they'll cool down. Raimundo wouldn't really pound Omi. While we're waiting, here you can have the last fortune cookie."

Aly: "Thanks."

Kimiko handed Aly the fortune cookie. She broke it in half and read the message. The power within you is stronger than you think. She was both surprised and confused by what the fortune said. She suddenly noticed a bird sitting in the edge of the window. Kimiko noticed it too.

Kimiko: "Awww,looks like the little guy is afraid of the rainstorm too."

Aly: "I wonder how long that bird has been sitting there."

The sky finally cleared up and sun was shining.

Clay: "Looks like the rain stopped."

Dojo: "G...g...great t...timing, because I'm sensing a Sheng Gong Wu!"

Amber: "Is it like a rash or something?"

Rai: "Nah, Sheng Gong Wu is a magical item. Dojo has the ability to sense them, it's pretty normal."

Kimiko: "Yeah, but there is the occasional allergy which is too gross to describe."

Aly: "Ew."

Dojo: "Can we stop gabbing and grab that activated Sheng Gong Wu?"

Clay: "Let's ride everybody!"

Aly: "Am I allowed to come?"

Omi: "Of course you are Aly."

Amber: "I'll just stay here if that's okay. I think I had enough excitement for one day."

Everyone hopped on Dojo's back and they flew into the sky. Amber waved to them goodbye and slithers into Aly's bunkroom to take a nap.

~~ Jack Spicer's Lair~~

While Jack Spicer was continuing repairing his robots, his detecto-bot beeped.

Jack Spicer: "Yes! Looks like there's a Sheng Gong Wu with my name on it! And this time no one will stop me!Hahahahahahaha!"

He coughs after laughing too much.

Jack Spicer: "I need a lozenge."
Sign up to rate and review this story