Categories > Original > Drama > Drity: Moments and Dreams

3: Desert Water

by Black_Moon_Shadows 0 reviews

Their relationship is resolved. But will somthing bring them closer?

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-13 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 566 words

0Unrated
3
Desert Water
Desert Pirates would always, always catch me. Was there Desert Pirates out here? It was a desert here. There was dying hot, and sand. But was there Pirates? I would ask myself this, over and over. And when summer came, and Patrick and I headed out for the beach, I would still ask.

The first summer we had without Kath was actually delightful. No more of her breathing down our necks as we swam. Just pure fun at the beach. The Desert. Patrick and I sunbathed, my pale skin getting a slightly bronze glow, and Patrick's turning darker than dark. I was scared of thoughts of visiting him in the hospital, dieing of third degree sunburn or skin cancer. I would beg him to put on sunscreen. SPF 45. Please. Please.

And in the late afternoon, after a late lunch, I would sit on a towel, under an umbrella. Patrick would romp and splash in the seawater, droplets of water crystallized in his golden locks. His eyes- perfect contrast to the ocean. His mouth was pulled into a wide smile, and he came up to me, laughing and dripping.

"What?" He sat on the edge and turned his eyes to me, those light eyes.

"What are you doing?" I looked at him over my sunglasses.

"I'm reading," I said. "What are you doing?" Patrick laughed and shook his head, splashing me with water. "HEY!" He grinned and pulled me to my feet, took my book and removed my glassed. He stared into my eyes.

"What?" He grinned lop-sided. His hand on my wrist. He picked me up by my wrist, and put me in his arms "What are you doing!!??" He walked to the water, and kept walking thought the small waves. "PATRICK!?" With a laugh he threw me into the water. I sunk like a rock submerged. My toes hit the floor and I freaked. I clawed at the water, trying to get to the top. My lungs burned. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I though of all the things I did, all then things I need to do, all the things I want.

I wanted Patrick. I wanted for him to look at me like he looked at Kath. I wanted... I wanted to sleep. To relax and sleep. To... A burst of cold air hit my face and filled my lungs. It burnt and felt so good at the same time. I gulped the air, and coughed it out. A hand that was holding me out of the water by my wrist, pulled me out farther and held me to them. Their hands on my waist, one moved to have my legs wrap around their narrow waist. I balled up my fists under my chin, shivering as I pressed my self up against the person that saved me. Saved my love.

They stroked my hair and held me up by an arm under my ass. I looked up. It was Patrick he had his eyes closed as he held my. Tears were running down his face. One fell on my cheek. He was whispering. In what? I listened closely. Hebrew. My Jewish baby was whispering in Hebrew.

"Patrick," I whispered roughly. "Patrick." He looked down and kissed me. It was softer and more heart felt than the Sweet's kisses. He held me up and waded out of the water.
Sign up to rate and review this story