Categories > Original > Fantasy > Humanity Needs Saving

The Dead People

by CrystalStar 0 reviews

Not everything is how it seems.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-07-06 - 336 words

0Unrated
Izaak's P.O.V

I get my first mission and I'm excited but things don't seem right.

We are the first interins in the history of Saviors and the emergency transporter isn't working which leads us to our current situation.

Zombies.

Pow. Pow. Pow.

Three gun shots and three zombies down.

See? This is the time when I appreciate Nickole learning how to use human weapons.

"Izaak come on!" I turn to see Nickole down the street shooting. I started to run when something caught my eye.

A zombie was wearing a Saviors shirt. It had the symbol. A 's' inside a circle surronded by stars. I know weird symbol. I looked down and saw three journals.

Nickole started running back and she started tugging on my arm. "Izaak,"she said with annoyance,"I don't fancy dying so hurry up!"

"Just cover me!" I started running to get the journals and all I hear are gunshots and me praying for Nickole not to shoot me.

Got 'em!

I ran after Nickole trying not to get caught by a zombie. A couple of yards later we found an empty hotel and we entered it.

"Who goes there?" an unfamilar voice asked.

Guess not empty then.

"Nickole Star #762 and Izaak Dunlap #763," said Nickole in a bland voice.

"Hold up. Let me guess. You're stuck here under the command of Commander Vogel?"

"How did you know?" I asked shocked.

"You're not the first here but hopefully the last. I'm James Parks #702."

Why does that number sound familar?

"You are supposed to be dead! You went on a mission a year ago and never came back. Just like the others in 1899 and 1997 and other years. Under the commands of Vogel," Nickole said in a breathless voice. Like she's putting the pieces of a puzzle together.

"Wait," I ask,"Is Vogel trying to kill us?"

"Well," said James," the kill count is getting greater. It seems he wants power. Power to be king."

Nickole summed it up in one word.

"Fuck."
Sign up to rate and review this story