Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Orochimaru's Weapon X

Chapter 2: Beast hunt in the Land of Waves, part 1

by Naru-Mandoraekon01 1 review

Naruto is spotted by Team Seven in the Land of Waves while fighting Zabuza.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Anko,Kakashi,Kiba,Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-07-20 - 2611 words

1Original
Chapter 2: Beast hunt in the Land of Waves, part 1
I don’t own any elements of Naruto or Wolverine, i just own this fanfiction and plot.


XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Four Months after Naruto was spotted
Hiruzen Sarutobi sighed for the tenth time that day, he was sitting at his desk staring at the picture of a smiling Naruto Uzumaki, Anko Mitarashi, Iruka Umino and himself sitting in front of the Ichiraku Ramen stand. That had been one of the happier birthdays of the young blond’s life that the old Sarutobi could remember, he had given him a pair of aviator goggles for people who use bird summons that he had seen in the window of a shop. He still couldn’t believe that his adopted grandson was gone, he had been terrified when he arrived at the boy’s apartment with his new to-be sensei Kakashi to collect him since he was reported late for the Team placements, only to find the windows and door smashed in with signs of a slight struggle inside the bedroom and the bedframe broken.
The Sandaime was knocked out of his thinking when a knock came at the door. “Come in!” He shouted. The door opened at his call and a tall silver haired man named Kakashi Hatake, the late Yondaime’s only remaining living student, walked into the Hokage’s office with his newly dubbed genin team Seven.
“Yo,” Kakashi said with a small wave to the aged Kage. “We’ve come for another mission.”
They had just finished the Tora mission a short while ago and had taken a small break at Anko’s favorite Dango stand before coming back to the tower for a new mission.
Hiruzen sighed as Iruka and a black haired chunin came in holding several more mission scrolls and sat down next to the tired elder. ‘I really need to find a way to find Naruto so he can take this job from me,’ He thought.
“Well let’s see here.” The Sarutobi clan head said as he leafed through the pile of missions. “... We have one for painting a fence, babysitting a council member’s child, walk the Inuzuka dogs or…” “NOO, TORA COME BACK!!!” came the loud voice of Lady Shijimi. “Catching Tora…” The tired man said as he wrote down a note for when she came in next to up the price of the Tora Mission to a C-rank.
“No way!” Sasuke shouted from next to his sensei, in a fit of un-Uchiha like anger. “I am not doing anymore of those damn chores, they aren’t befitting of a clan heir!” He finished while turning his nose up into the air, his Teammates Kiba Inuzuka, the Inuzuka clan heir, and Anko Mitarashi, Naruto’s best friend, both nodded in agreement.
Hiruzen stared at the group while Iruka berated his former pupil about respecting the Hokage. The Sandaime raised his hand to silence the squabbling shinobi and pulled out a scroll marked C-Rank. “I have a C-Rank here for protecting the bridge builder, Tazuna, from bandits on the way back to Wave and to protect him while he builds the nation’s new bridge.”
Kakashi gave an exaggerated eye smile and took the mission to appease his two rougher students, Kiba and Anko. The grey haired Kage smiled slightly and pressed the button on his desk for the secretary. “Akiko-chan, please send Tazuna up.” He said calmly.
Five minutes later, a tall man with greying hair and dark tanned skin holding a bottle of sake came through the door of the office and looked at the genin team that was to guard him. “These are the people who are supposed to protect me? A mutt, an emo, a shrimp and a one eyed man?” He asked a little disgruntled. “One looks way too shy to even fight, while the tall one has a stupid face; the only one that looks like he could protect me is the dog.”
He got roars of anger from Anko and Kiba after the brunette found out that he was the tall one and tried to kill the man, only for Kakashi to grab the back of their clothes to stop them.
“Please meet us at the front gate, Mr. Tazuna, at 02:00 hours.” Kakashi said with an eye smile. Tazuna just turned around with a disinterested grunt and left while downing the rest of his sake.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Three Days Later
It was to be a simple C-Rank mission. One that a newly created team of Genin could handle. However, the client had lied about the mission parameters. He and his village weren't being attacked by simple bandits, but by ninja! Two Chuunin level nuke-nins by the name of Gozu and Meizu, also known as the Demon Brothers, from Kirigakure no Sato, that was currently in a Civil War, had already been encountered and defeated by Kakashi's Team. The team learned that the brothers were currently under the employ of the Gatou Corporation to kill the bridge builder Tazuna and any opposition that got in their way after Kakashi siced Anko on the elder brother to put to use some of the techniques her elder sister and Ibiki had taught her. This bumped up the rank of the mission to, at minimum, a B-rank. Though should any Jounin level shinobi be encountered the mission would more than likely be slated as an A-Rank.
Thus, when Kakashi had sent for reinforcements and the Sandaime immediately complied. Her mission was simple. Rendezvous with Team 7, and then seek and destroy. She was Tokubetsu Jounin, one of the best. Though she worked with the tracker units and as a vet. Her name? Hana Inuzuka.
It didn't take long for the dog wielding Kunoichi to catch up with Kakashi and his genin team, after all, they still had Tazuna with them. Not long after she did, they encountered Momochi Zabuza, the Demon of the Hidden Mist and one of the former Seven Swordsman of the Mist.
The Genin stood by protecting the bridge builder, while Hana stood off to the side in position to either help the Genin or Kakashi while he was battling Zabuza. Everything went to hell soon after the fight started when a petite Kirigakure Hunter-nin was unceremoniously thrown through a tree into the fray, with slash marks covering some of their body.
Zabuza and Kakashi both stopped their battle to stare in shock at the sight.
"Haku!" Zabuza shouted in surprise. Before he could move to his partner, another figure jumped into the clearing, next to the fallen nuke-nun. This one looked vaguely familiar to Kakashi and members of his Genin team, with bright, ragged blond hair going down to the bottom of his neck, it was covering some of his face as well in a bit of blond stuble, but Hana felt a flash of familiarity from the boy. It wasn't until he looked up with his feral blue eyes and whisker marks, that she truly recognized the boy.
He was no older than the Genin, but had an aura of a predator about him. His canine's were slightly elongated, much like Hana’s only a bit sharper from living in the wild for the past few months. The boy's eyes were slitted and azure in color, though around the pupil they seemed to take on a reddish hue, they had the blank look of a predator when cornered. He was completely nude with what seemed to be wires of a heart rate monitor stuck to his skin, and the two kunoichi of the group could see the greatly toned definition of his muscles. It was the whisker-like birthmarks on his face, however, that were the defining marks. No matter how much he had changed, how feral and wild he had become, there was no way the members of Team Seven and Hana, could forget the boy who had been missing from the village for the past couple months and a good friend to Anko. They were startled slightly to see what seemed to be three metal claws sticking out of both of the huffing boy’s hands.
"N-Naruto-kun..." whispered Anko with a wide-eyed expression on her face. Shock and fear permeated through her body. Much to her surprise, the boy in question looked over at the girl quickly, who flinched back in fear. Despite her terror, she could not tear her gaze away from his piercing, wild stare.
The boy growled lowly making Kiba and Sasuke move in front of their teammate protectively. Kiba suddenly registered the words that his kunoichi teammate had just said as he looked closer at the wild boy. “Naruto!?” He yelled loudly drawing said boy’s attention to him, never once moving from his hunched position or retracting the claws. “What’s the dope doing out here?” Kiba asked.
Zabuza used the momentary distraction to use the Kiri Shunshin to disappear in a swirl of mist only to rematerialize next to the fallen nuke-nin disguised as a Hunter Nin, named Haku. “Come on, let’s get out of here,” He said grabbing onto Haku's arm, Zabuza disappeared again, deciding it was better to retreat at the current point in time. After all, the boy, whoever he was, was able to defeat Haku seemingly with no injuries, something the Demon of the Hidden Mist knew that he himself could not accomplish.
If the boy fought with the Konoha-nin, win or lose, he'd weaken them, making it easier for him and the now injured Haku to complete their mission for Gatou by assassinating Tazuna.
Definitely wiser to retreat for the time being.
Anko and Hana stood rooted in place. Anko was staring hopefully at her best friend, yet the animalistic glare he sent everyone’s way seemed to indicate that he was somehow familiar with them in some way, but couldn’t seem to remember anything. And it hurt. Hurt more than she'd ever thought possible. The rage, the pain and the wild look in his eyes were almost too much for her to bear.
"Uzumaki Naruto..." said Kakashi in his typical lazy tone, but to anyone who knew him, knew that at that moment he was anything but. He was waiting for the boy to make his move, completely on edge, Obito’s implanted Sharingan spinning in anticipation with the fact that he could bring his deceased sensei’s son back home. "What has happened to you? Where have you been all this time..."
Naruto cut him off with an animalistic snarl as he slowly edged away from the group. The Haimaru triplets and Akamaru whimpered from next to Hana and Kiba as they felt the full force of primal instinct that the Jinchuuriki was letting out.
"What is your purpose here?" asked Kakashi who still had his Sharingan out watching the boy. As usual all he got was a low growl from the boy, before Kiba decided that it was time to put his old rival in his place and charged towards the blond, never noticing that none of the others had followed him.
Naruto instantly reacted as he became a blur of motion heading straight towards his assailant. His claws were raised, preparing to strike as he snarled like an angry wolf.
Hana was surprised at the animalistic way that Naruto was running towards Kiba, she watched as her little brother was saved by Kakashi when he stepped into Naruto's way.
Kakashi was surprised by the blond’s strength, his arm shaking slightly under the strain of holding him back with a kunai, his usual orange book nowhere to be seen.
"Naruto…" said Kakashi narrowing his eyes. "I shall not allow you to harm any of my comrades, no matter who you may be." The wild boy’s blue eyes seemed to darken as he pushed with all his might against the jounin’s blade. His claws were beginning to cut right through Kakashi’s seal reinforced kunai, surprising all of the Konoha Shinobi; especially the two Jounin, because they had seen those kunai take the powerful attack of one of the legendary swords of Kiri.
Kakashi gave a heave and pushed Naruto back, before the boy charged the seasoned Jounin head on again. The genin were shocked as Kakashi took him on seriously, not covering his Sharingan or pulling out his smutty book and throwing away his ruined kunai.
Much to Kakashi's surprise, he was having trouble reading the blond's movements. It was only through greater speed and more battle experience that he was able to keep up with the blond. He was able to inflict a deep wound to the blond’s shoulder, slicing his tendons and went to disable him when something very unexpected happened. The wound instantly healed, allowing Naruto to instantly swing his arm up.
Kakashi jerked his arm back just in time, when Naruto slashed through the top of his arm in a wild rage, letting some blood fly from the Jounin’s arm. With a strong uppercut, three slash marks appear on Kakashi's vest. Naruto then followed up with a jumping kick knocking Kakashi towards the bridge builder and his team.
During the exchange of blows, Anko snapped out of her surprise. She moved into fight the animalistic blond. She flung her hands forward, shouting, "Hidden Shadow Snake Hand!"
A total of six snakes shot out of Anko’s short sleeves, past her arms and wrapped themselves around the struggling boy’s neck and wrists. With a great show of strength, he then pulled his body back and flung the young purple haired genin into a nearby tree.
The snakes then poofed back into the Summoning realm as she slid to the base of the tree, Anko tried to clear her head, but she was disoriented from the impact, she stiffened when she heard a hoarse voice. "Wh… Who… Who are...?"
Shock reverberated through them all. Hana shot him a look of surprise and shock. "Naruto-san, are you in there?" She asked as her triplets circled around the wild blond.
Naruto’s eyes snapped open and for a brief moment, there was a look of recognition giving the genin and jounin hope. Until he grabbed his head between his two clawed hands and gave a bestial roar of pain that shocked everyone present before he turned and ran into the forest lining the clearing.
“Kakashi!” Hana yelled getting the jounin’s attention. “I’m going after him! I need you to get your client and your genin to Tazuna’s house!” The Copy ninja nodded and ushered the group away as he picked Anko up, slinging the Mitarashi girl over his shoulder and ran with Team Seven and his client towards the main town of Wave.
Hana and her triplets quickly chased after the trail that the feral Naruto was leaving in his wake, while Kakashi and his team got away. There were trampled shrubs and bushes, with claw marks across the bark of trees.
After a short while, the Inuzuka woman and her dogs lost the trail as they came upon a large river that washed away the scent of the wild Jinchuuriki. Hana sighed and turned around with the triplets and left to follow team Seven’s scent to Tazuna’s house.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

In this story like my original, his healing is instantaneous like Wolverine’s making him the best choice for a shinobi. For the first few chapters until he is captured and taken back to Konoha, he will not have very much speech, like the words he spoke to Anko being the only ones until he is reeducated.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story