Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Orochimaru's Weapon X

Chapter 9: the Chunin Exams, Part 1: Begin Exam the First

by Naru-Mandoraekon01 1 review

The First Exam begins and the Rookies are back togethor

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Anko,Gaara,Hanabi,Kankurou,Naruto,Temari - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-08-01 - 4498 words

1Exciting
Chapter 9: the Chunin Exams, Part 1: Begin Exam the First
I used a line in this story from a captain america/naruto crossover fic named Taicho. For those of you who see it, good for you, you have completed your jedi training. Also as you will see in this chapter, not everyone knew that Naruto was back, mainly all of the rookie nine and team guy, except for team seven and Shikamaru(who saw the nude boy flee from kiba from where he was watching clouds). I used a small paragraph from the Mirage Fox fanfiction due to its funny meaning, so enjoy.


Naruto stood rooted in place, he was staring at the man named Kojiro that he was told he fought when he first came to the Inuzuka compound, blocking his way into said compound as he was returning from eating dinner with Zabuza and Haku in his old apartment, the former Inuzuka even had the three scars across his now tattooless face to prove it. Naruto thought it could be his own personal ‘Naruto wuz here’ signature.
"So why are you blocking me from entering?" asked Naruto.
"God Damned Kyuubi brat..." Kojiro snarled. “You cost me my position and place in my clan, I should just kill you and everyone will be happy that the fucking demon is dead.” Naruto noticed him pulling out his signature nodachi that still had the markings from his claws.
"You are not the demon, Naru-kun," stated Anko flatly from behind Kojiro, making the man jump in shock that he hadn’t sensed her. Kojiro started stuttering lightly as he noticed half of the Inuzuka clan standing there with disapproving looks in his direction, Anko received a nod from Naruto.
"Hn, I never said I was the demon, I’ve looked at the shinobi arts enough to know the difference between a kunai and a scroll," said Naruto, catching the clan and disgraced Inuzuka member by surprise. "Now, seeing as some idiots who have been studying the shinobi arts for their entire lives cannot, I will ask you to move out of my way or you won’t have the pleasure of your children being accepted by the clan because I will use these shiny-” He had his claws shoot out of his right hand. “-Claws to neuter you in a very painful way."
The silence between the group was uncomfortable and they had spoken very little since this began, Naruto entered the compound as Kojiro wisely moved out of his way, though he had already been neutered by the doctors of the hospital at Tsume’s request when he was banished. Naruto high fived his new teammate, Koga, as he entered the gate.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

A short time after Tsume gave him and his team the chunin exam forms, he was walking along with Anko down the street, since they had both just gotten finished with their team meetings, Kakashi actually being on time for Anko’s team, though that might have been the threat from Anko’s older sister burning his precious books. Behind him, he heard the tell-tale sign of something scraping against the ground, approaching him. A small sniff told Naruto who it was.
"Udon," Naruto called as he, Anko and a rock stopped in their tracks. "You're supposed to be the smart one right, Bub?" He asked no one in particular, catching Anko’s attention. "If I have to tell you three, that rocks aren't square one more time..." He let the threat hang.
"Ha ha so you saw through our disguise eh?" Konohamaru asked as he came out from beneath the box. "I expected nothing less from you." Naruto had met Konohamaru during his third week back, when he had to see the Sandaime (who he still calls old man) the young boy had attempted to attack his grandfather… Only to run straight into a very solid Naruto’s back and busting his nose on the former weapon’s adamantium covered spine. When he had yelled at Naruto about him being the grandson of the Sandaime, Naruto replied with a steel enhanced punch to the head without hesitation and saying that he just didn’t give a shit. After that day Konohamaru and his two lackeys started a following in his name.
Naruto and Anko noticed smoke rise before their disguise blew up. From the explosion the young trio jumped out and each took a pose. Before they could say or do anything Naruto spoke up.
"If you do that intro again, then I'll get old man Kugi to watch your class again."
"W-we weren't going to d-do that," He lied. "Were we, guys?"
His friends said nothing in the boy’s defence as they hid behind a tree like offering the boy as a sacrifice to appease their leader.
"What are you three doing?" He asked blankly "You're supposed to be at the academy"
"We broke out!" Moegi cheered, "You could teach us real stuff, not that boring old stuff Iruka keeps going on about." Naruto felt a slight shiver run up his spine as Anko narrowed her eyes at his back wondering what the learning amnesiac was teaching the Academy students.
"And you promised to play ninja with us today boss." Konohamaru stated
"A ninja playing ninja huh?" asked Anko with a giggle. "That’s cute."
"Hey boss who is that?" Konohamaru asked. "Is she your…?" he held out his pinky earning a scowl from Anko.
"Konohamaru," Naruto started as he looked over his shoulder at his friend. "You know what, Bub? It could work." That got a curious look from Anko. He smirked and popped his claws out looking at the kids.
"This is where you guys start running," Naruto stated turning, the Konohamaru corps nodded and turned before running as if their lives depended on it. He started chasing after them as Konohamaru turned the corner before he heard. "Ouch, that hurt you little brat." A gruff voice stated, "Looks like I need to teach you a lesson."
Naruto happened to come around the corner just as the threat was made. What he saw was two sand ninja, one of them holding Konohamaru by the boy’s scarf. He decided to watch and see what happened.
"Kankuro stop!" A more feminine voice shouted. "What if he shows up?"
"Don't worry Temari," the one named Kankuro stated. "We have nothing to fear, Gaara is looking for the hotel with Baki-sensei."
"Would you please drop him?" Naruto asked coldly making his presence known from behind the two foreign shinobi.
"And why should I do that?" Kankuro asked. "And who are you?"
"My name is Naruto, now please unhand the Sandaime’s grandson." Naruto stated.
"HAHAHA!!!" Kankuro laughed, not hearing the part about him holding the Third Hokage’s grandson, unlike Temari, the quad-tailed girl paling very quickly. "A Fish Cake huh? You’re nothing!"
He hated idiots like him, they reminded him of Kojiro and that weird duckass hair boy that had demanded that Naruto give him his powers. Naruto popped out the claws of his left hand and looked Kankuro and Temari in the eyes. "I think it's time I put the fear in you."
From nowhere, Naruto appeared in front of the two Suna shinobi. His declawed hand removed Konohamaru roughly from Kankuro’s grasp before holding the two shinobi’s jaws between two claws on each hand and slowly pushed his middle claws up till they scratched against their lower jaws.
"And you should have dropped him because I don't think your friend in the tree would be too happy if you hurt the Hokage's grandson and caused an international war." Naruto stated "Also duckbutt, you might want to get your ass down here!"
Sasuke had been waiting in the tree for the moment to show the formerly feral boy up. So he was shocked when his self proclaimed rival called him out from where he was hidden. Just as he landed on the ground, a red haired boy appeared behind Kankuro and Temari in a sand shunshin.
"Gaara," Kankuro called. "I can explain."
"Shut up Kankuro." Gaara ordered. "or I'll kill you."
Naruto stared at Gaara, he felt the fear radiating off of Kankuro and Temari from the simple death threat. It frightened them more than Naruto's claws that could impale themselves into their throats.
"You with the claws." Gaara addressed Naruto, "what is your name?"
"Why do you care about him? He's just a clanless freak!" Sasuke stated stepping forward to get in front of the sand user, "I'm Sasuke Uchiha."
"Naruto Uzumaki-Howlett," he answered irritating Sasuke further as the Uchiha was ignored by all of them. He had added the Howlett part to his name so that it could show his relation to the Inuzuka clan. "and you are?"
"I am Gaara no Sabaku of the desert," he stated. "These two are my siblings Temari and Kankuro."
"Hello," they greeted with small waves before they went back to eyeing both Gaara and the claws.
"Mother wants your blood."
Naruto stared at the now named Gaara. It made Naruto excited; it meant he had a challenge. ‘The stronger and braver the opponent, the better the fight.’
It seemed Gaara had the same opinion.
He removed Kaiza’s jacket and put it around Konohamaru’s shoulders as he picked the bruised boy off of the ground, startling Temari and Kankuro about how fast he had moved from them to the kids. “Well it was nice meeting you Bub,” Naruto said as he looked towards Gaara. “Just make sure to keep a leash on the kitty.” As he turned to leave with Anko and the Konohamaru corps, he felt Moegi grab his red shirt.
"Thank you," She whispered. He gave them a smile as he continued to walk away. "Wait, before we leave." Temari said as she eyed the blond that had beat them. "C-can I touch your whiskers?"
"Sorry," He smirked, admiring her beauty that was magnified by the blush on her face. "That's only allowed for my precious people." "I guess I'll just have to become one of your precious people." She purred. ‘Until Gaara kills him,’ She thought as she remembered the plan for the war.
They turned to leave.
"Dobe, you will give me your power!" Sasuke demanded.
All the emo received in return was being ignored by Anko, Naruto and the little ones. Leaving the duckbutt haired boy fuming as the Konohamaru corps returned to the Academy and Anko and Naruto returned to the Inuzuka compound to get ready for the exams.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Next Day
"What took you so long?" Naruto asked Hanabi as she walked towards them. He and Koga had been waiting for the Hyuga for over an hour. "Well sorry that the Hyuga compound is on the other side of the village," She stated with the patented Hyuga glare, having learned from her father and the best the clan had to offer.
"Let's go," Koga said as he rolled his eyes at his bickering teammates. Shortly after entering the Academy building, they came into a block on the second floor. ‘The hallway is under a low Genjutsu to weed the weaklings out.’ Naruto deduced and he motioned for his teammates to follow him.
Team one had just snuck past, after watching what seemed to be a kid in spandex and a bun haired girl pretending to fight the two disguised chunin. "Hey you!" an arrogant voice spoke, making Naruto and his team groan. "Drop the Genjutsu, we're going to the third floor." They turned to see Sasuke, Kiba and Anko approaching them, Anko and Kiba both had their hands covering their faces as if they were weeping at their spoiled teammate’s stupidity.
"So this is your team dope, I'm not impressed." Sasuke said as he caught sight of Naruto. "You with the blue eyes, what is your name?" A long haired boy with the same eyes as Hanabi asked Naruto, the spandex boy and bun haired girl walking forward to join them.
"It's polite to give yours first when asking for another's name." Naruto spoke getting a snarl from the aristocrat and laughs from Anko and the two Inuzuka boys, while he checked out the cute bun haired girl next to the spandex boy.
After they gave a couple introductions, leaving the two arrogant boys out of it much to their ire; Naruto learned that the boy in spandex was named Rock Lee and the cute girl with buns on her head was named Tenten, team one continued to the Exam room while Rock Lee challenged the Uchiha to a fight.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

After a while, Naruto and his team noticed Anko’s team entering behind team nine, the Uchiha had a few bruises on his face from his spar with Lee, Naruto instantly felt sorry for the team for some strange reason when he saw haunted looks on their faces (Team seven meeting Gai and watching the unbreakable sunset of Youth genjutsu).
"Sasuke-Kun!" A shrill voice called as a blonde kunoichi jumped onto his back, "did you miss me Sasuke-Kun?"
"Get off of him Ino-pig!" A pinkette that looked like a howler monkey shouted. "Sasuke-Kun is mine."
"Yeah right, just go to your lost puppy Naruto," Ino spoke. That got a raised eyebrow from Naruto. ‘That implies that I liked that girl, but I just can’t see it,’ He thought. ‘She has a very loud voice, she seems to be a rapid version of what Anko calls fangirls and she resembles a howler monkey too much.’
"Yahoo!" Kiba yelled, "we're all here."
"Troublesome," a lazy voice spoke from behind the group. "Do you have to be so loud?"
"H-h-hey, we-wher-where i-is N-Nar-to-K-Kun?" a timid brunette that looked like Hanabi asked.
"Hey were is that Baka?" Ino asked, "I heard that he passed some how, I call bullshit."
“Well lets go meet the really loud people,” Naruto said getting nods from his team. Team one walked forward. "Hey, what's up?" Naruto asked from behind the lazy one making him jump. "Naruto you troublesome blond!" Shikamaru sighed, "you scared me half to death."
"Only half?" Naruto asked, "I'll do better next time, just so you all know, I am not the Naruto all of you once knew." He got several odd looks from the rookie nine that wasn’t apart of team seven and a certain Nara who didn’t show it. “What do you mean baka!” The pinkette screeched, “Quit trying to show up Sasuke-kun!”
She tried to strike him in the head before he quickly grabbed her wrist in a vice grip and slowly pushed the claws of his right hand out underneath her jaw. “Don’t ever try that again, got that Banshee?” He asked staring coldly at the idiot, getting several gasps from the rest of the rookie nine. “Also I may be relearning everything, but I am pretty sure that since the exams haven’t started yet that you are not supposed to strike a fellow Konoha shinobi unless in a spar, am I correct?” He got a slightly terrified nod in response. “Then keep your hands to yourself, or I will kill you for treason.”
"Hey, you guys should really keep it down," a new voice spoke. "You're drawing a lot of attention." Everyone turned to see a young man with white hair and wearing purplish clothes walking towards them. He looked shocked slightly to see Naruto, "especially you, you freaked out a lot of people with that intro."
It was true. Everyone had their eyes on the Rookie Nine and team One, while Hinata was dumbfounded to see a colder version of her crush and the fact that her little sister was with him. Naruto nodded at the seemingly familiar boy and pulled his claws back into his hands, when Ino opened her mouth.
"Baka, what’s with your hands?" she asked, "It makes you look like an even bigger freak than usual and what happened to that orange monstrosity you always wore." Anko sent him a look that she’d explain things later, Naruto nodded to her.
"He was kidnapped the night our genin exam took place in the Academy…” Anko started getting looks from the rookie nine, “He was experimented on by Orochimaru the Snake Sannin, and Orochimaru’s experiments turned him into this as well as the snake bastard wiping his memory of his entire past life.” Kiba nodded as he interrupted Ino, who was going to retort and insult Anko for some made up stuff. “We found him on our mission to Wave, when we were being attacked by Zabuza Momochi.”
"Well, maybe I could be of service to you all," Kabuto interrupted the group. "I have information from my previous times here." Getting interested looks from everyone. "Is this your second time Kabuto-San?" Sakura asked the bespectacled boy.
"No, It's my seventh," he admitted in a sort of depressed tone.
"Man you must really suck," Kiba taunted only to get a hand on his shoulder from Naruto, who shook his head slightly. Warning his foster brother to not underestimate the white haired boy.
"Or these exams are extremely difficult," Naruto stated from behind Kiba and Koga.
"Kabuto," Sasuke called, catching said man’s attention. "Do you have information on individuals?"
"Yes, who would you like?"
"Gaara no Sabaku, Rock Lee," he paused. "And Naruto Uzumaki-Howlett.”
"You know their names?" The boy stated, "that's no fun." He drew three cards from a rather large deck that he pulled from his pocket and began to read the first.
...
Rock Lee: A Taijutsu expert with no known Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. His teammates are Tenten Higurashi and Neji Hyuga.
A.K.A: The Second Coming of the Green Beast of Konoha,
Self proclaimed the Handsome Blue Beast of Konoha.
25 D-ranks
21 C-ranks
1 B-rank
0 A-rank
...
"Heh, That's pretty impressive," Kabuto said with a slight smirk as he pulled out another card.
...
Gaara No Sabaku: His skillset is unknown except for his complete mastery over sand and his teammates are his siblings Temari No Sabaku and Kankuro No Sabaku
A.K.A: Gaara of the desert,
Gaara of the Bloody Sand
1 D-rank
9 C-ranks
8 B-ranks
14 A-ranks
...
"The scariest part is." Kabuto spoke. "Gaara has never even been scratched on a single mission." He pulled out another card as some of the rookies gave involuntary shudders.
...
Naruto Uzumaki-Howlett: A Taijutsu and Ninjutsu user. His teammates are Hanabi Hyuga and Koga Inuzuka.
A.K.A: The Wolverine
0 D-ranks
0 C-ranks
0 B-ranks
1 A-rank
...
"There is no way that Baka did an A-rank mission!" Sakura screeched, "you must have mixed that mission up with Sasuke-Kun's stats!!!"
"Actually that mission was apparently the one he was recovered on," he paused and watched everyone's reactions, Naruto and Anko had suspicious looks on their faces, ‘Some of that information is classified, I'll have to watch this guy.’ "He managed to fight off and defeat Zabuza the demon in the mist’s apprentice and in a way helped turn the former swordsman and his accomplice into leaf ninja."
Many eyes were now on Naruto. This was shocking for most of the old blond’s former classmates. Especially all those who thought that he had just been a dead-last failure, AKA Sakura and Ino.
"Hello Naruto-Kun," Temari greeted with a seductive purr as she walked up behind him. "Are you going to let me pet those whiskers yet?"
"Hello Temari-Chan," Naruto returned the greeting. "And no, still for my precious people only."
He noticed off to the side that Kabuto made a comment on the Sound Genin. ‘That was incredibly foolish, insulting an unknown enemy.’
"Alright you annoying maggots, take a seat!" Ibiki shouted as he appeared in the classroom behind the instructor’s desk with a dozen chunin. "It's time for the first test to begin."
After explaining the rules (which I will not do because if you have watched or read Naruto then, well you know) they began. It was simple if you looked underneath the underneath. You have to get the answers without getting caught. The only way to do that was to cheat. Unless you're one Naruto Uzumaki-Howlett.
"Ibiki-San," Naruto called. "Can I have the answers?"
Everyone paused in their actions as they were sitting at the desks starting to write. They couldn't believe that someone would actually ask for the answers during a test. Yet here was the former weapon turned genin, doing that very thing.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

JOUNIN LOUNGE
Tsume hid her face behind her palm in embarrassment. ‘How could one of my students do that to me?’ The answer was actually pretty simple. It was Naruto Uzumaki, the Inuzuka matriarch watched as Anko happily laughed her head off in the testing room. Kurenai had to admit it that was a little humiliating, but worth it to see the look on everyone's face. Plus, it was a technique nobody had ever tried before.
"Does the gaki really think Ibiki would just give him the answers?" Asuma asked as he pulled out another cigarette.
"Probably," Tsume answered as she looked back into the room, silently crossing her fingers.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

EXAM ROOM
"Sure," The head of torture and interrogation said handing him the sheet of answers. All the Jounin, Genin and Hiruzen as he entered the lounge face-faulted, minus Team seven’s Anko who just rolled around on the ground laughing like a person just recently admitted to the local Asylum.
Ibiki was impressed. ‘This gaki has to either be the bravest or craziest Genin I’ve ever met.’ He thought and he knew some fucked up people. "May I have the answers as well?" Gaara asked. Ibiki was tempted to give him the answers but he had a reputation to keep.
"No," Ibiki stated.
"Please," Gaara gave a slightly creepy pout, using his recently invented Raccoon eyes, from what he watched his sister use in her younger days. The dreaded Puppy Eyes no Jutsu, they were perfect for luring people close, so why shouldn’t he use it to give mother blood.
"... No, that is slightly disturbing."
"Why did he give you the answers Baka Dead-last?" Sakura asked. "He should have given them to Sasuke-Sama, not that he needs them." She went on ranting about how great Sasuke was. It was a living nightmare for all those who hate fangirls.
"Does she ever shut up about the Uchiha?" Ibiki asked Kiba as he sat on the edge of his desk. "Not unless you threaten her," A certain Nara said from two seats away, having copied the answers from the sheet in Naruto’s hand while they were talking. "Then you may have a good two minutes before her mother’s banshee gene starts up again, it’s so troublesome."
"I'll give you the answers if you shut her up," Ibiki offered Gaara.
"Fangirl," Gaara snarled, putting on his best psycho face, which was quite the sight for actually being a psychopath. "Be quiet, or I will feed you to my sand." He popped the cork off of his gourd, pulling the sand out and into the air to emphasize his point. And they all believed he would.
‘Not that he'd get much off the pathetic pinky,’ Naruto thought. ‘There is absolutely no meat on her bones, what the hell went through my former head? There must have been something wrong with me.’
With the answers given to him from the proctor, Naruto and Gaara swiftly blew through the test, minus the tenth answer. ‘Not that it matters though,’ he thought as he inspected his claws, scaring a couple rain genin. He had already figured out the meaning of the test and secretly sent his two teammates the meaning on the reflected light of his claws..
"Alright are all of you gakis ready for the final question?" Ibiki asked as he signaled the end of the forty minutes and stood up from his chair.
The tenth question was a dangerous one. If the genin decided not to take it then they were disqualified. If they did take it and failed then they wouldn't be able to be promoted. Ever.
Several dozen Genin were already leaving the room.
"For those who are still here," Ibiki spoke as he mentally counted the remaining teams. "You… PASS." As he spoke those simple words that had several genin slumping with relieved sighs, a large ball of black cloth broke through the window. It spread out to reveal that it was a large banner. It read:
The second exam proctor;
The single and incredibly sexy MIZORE MITARASHI!!!

A purple haired woman that looked like an older form of Anko, just with a Jounin vest and purple shirt and pants, with her hair done up in a simple ponytail like Hana appeared from the ball as it attached to the ceiling with kunai. "I'm the proctor for the second exam!" She spoke. "Mizore Mitarashi! Let’s go!!!" She pumped her fist into the air.
"Mizore," Ibiki sighed as he pushed back the banner that was in front of him. "you're early… again." That got an abashed face from his subordinate.
"You let so many though this year Ibiki-kun." Mizore pointed out, "Are you getting soft in your old age? If so just hand over the job to me!"
"No, but your little sister’s friend there," The head of T&I pointed to Naruto who waved cheekily, getting a laugh from Anko and Koga, and a ‘troublesome’ from a certain Nara. "Is a complete wild card."
"Right," she had forgotten that Anko had been helping the amnesiac boy she had been hearing about from the other Jounin. "I want you all to follow me to the next exam spot, we are going to cut the remaining teams in half." With that the woman raced to the shattered window and jumped through it, she was quickly surprised to see Naruto, her little sister, a young Hyuga girl and an Inuzuka boy with long black hair following after her. ‘That’s new, no one ever follows me, well new things happen everyday.’
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
Thank you all for reading this. Also I will be putting a few of my created oc’s on the bottom of the page. Also, for all of you that misinterpreted my meaning for bringing Kushina back, there will be no Naruto x Kushina. I hope you enjoyed this chapter see ya.
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
Name: Kujo Matou
Aliases: Evil Old Man (by the academy students), Red Blaze of amongst the Grass
Age: 63
Affiliations: Konohagakure
Occupation: Retired Konoha Shinobi; Fill in for Academy Teachers
Rank: Retired ANBU commander
Special Abilities: Lava Release, Pure Fire Release, Lion Contract
Specialties: Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Kenjutsu, Fuinjutsu, stealth.
Elemental Affinities: Earth/Fire/Wind
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
Name: Mizore Mitarashi
Aliases: Snake Whore (Konoha civilians), Konoha’s Viperess, Anko’s older sister
Age: 19
Affiliations: Konohagakure
Occupation: Konoha Kunoichi; Second in Command of T&I
Rank: Tokubetsu Jounin
Special Abilities: Snake Contract, Hebi style
Specialties: Taijutsu, Stealth, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu
Elemental Affinities: Fire
Sign up to rate and review this story