Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Wise Beyond Years Literally

Chapter Two: Timetravel: Bring protection

by Inkweaver 0 reviews

Harry learns some news that could affect him and his parents... who are dead.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 2160 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter Two: Time Travel: Bring Protection

Year: 1995

Place: Number Four, Private Drive

Secondary Place: Harry's Bed


Harry Potter moaned in pain and rolled over, glancing at the clock. It was only five o'clock. Sighing, he tried to remember his dream....

A sudden whirlwind of images came back to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A dark room no light except from the roaring fireplace in front of him, he sat in a chair with a snake curled at his feet.

"M-My Lord you called for me?" Wormtail scuttled into his vision. A low hissing reply came from Harry's mouth, "I have found a way to finally kill Harry Potter."

Wormtail looked eager to know, and stuttered, "H-How, my Lord?"

"To go back in time and kill Lily and James Potter when they are most vulnerable. Sixteen," Voldemort, or Harry, cackled evilly and Harry's scar burst into pain.

Wormtail slowly back away, trying to slip out while Voldemort was having his moment.

"Oh and Wormtail?" Wormtail looked afraid as he approached again.

"Y-Yes master?"

"Crucio!" Wormtail jerked and screamed in pain as Harry too felt the pain coursing through his body too.

"That is for questioning your master." Wormtail pitifully picked himself out and scuttled out.
~~~~~~~~

Harry was suddenly alert; the aches in his body reminded him to not to get up, but Harry was up and pacing quietly. He did not want anyone else to die, not as Cedric did.

'Kill the spare' echoed throughout his mind. He quickly shook it off. He wanted to help them, even if he never knew them.

'I am going to protect them no matter what, even if I die doing so,' Harry thought fiercely, then looked in the mirror. His fathers face and mothers eyes stared back at him. This would be very suspisous.

'I am going to change my appearance but how?' Suddenly his face changed, molded into what reminded him of a picture of young Ethan Slytherin, except with his mother's eyes. His brown neat hair shown in the light, his features were sharper, elegant and his nose smaller. His frame was the same however.
"Wow," He whispered, then noticed his voice had changed too. He knew of Ethan from Hermione.

Hermione had been ranting about the boy who had been Salazar's son, she had looked him up and told Harry about him with an eager expression on her face, she wanted to know more about him; he had fought for the light and had what Hermione said like Harry.
Harry smiled, 'One task down', just as he thought so, he had to pack his truck. Closing his eyes, he thought of his trunk with him and packed, instead of in the cupboard under the stairs. Suddenly a warm feeling through his empty stomach and: POP!
His trunk sat there with no initials. Good, he could change his name.

'I have to pick out a name, since Hermione said I reminded her of Ethan Slytherin, the first name Ethan but second hmmmm.. How about we humor the fates and piss of Voldemort at the same time and make it Riddle,' Harry smirked as the initials changed to E. R.

"Now," he said aloud, "To the Fates, I, Harry James Potter, wish I could go back to the past 20 years,, to save my parents who died to save me as I shall do for them if I have too,"
With those words, he felt a jerk and a powerful voice rang throughout his head.

'Yes young one, we will grant your wish, on one condition, you will be careful of who you trust. Be careful Phoenix Lord,' the voice said. However, before Harry could ponder on his title he or she had called Harry he felt an overlarge jerk and he was gone from Private Drive.

Year: 1977

Place: Hogwarts

Secondary place: The Ground

Time: 6:30

As Albus Dumbledore walked across the grounds to the evening feast, a sudden thump made his head jerk up and he stared at a figure that looked like Ethan Slytherin. He moaned and shook his head and muttered what sounded like "Evil Fates and Man that hurt."

"Hello," Albus said, as the boy rolled from his stomach to his back. "Who are you young man?" He asked as the child smiled then out of thin air what he thought was the child's trunk appeared in thin air and landed on the young man's torso with a thump. The child made a noise, and then slid it off him slowly. He stood tall, but had twinkling green eyes, that looked like Lily Evans, a sixth year Gryffindor.

"Hello sir," he smiled, "I am a transfer, my parents were-," his voice went distance, his eyes showed pain. "...My parents were killed in one of the attacks." The child took out an envelope and handed it to him. Albus glanced at it and opened it, it read:

Dear Albus Dumbledore,

As Ethan's headmaster, I am transferring Ethan in your hands for safety. I fear they are after him, his parents died in an attack, but Ethan survived. The reason Lord Voldemort is after him, not only for his power, is because his last name is Riddle. I know his parents would have thought it would be safe for him to be in your care.

Take care,

Emrys Rillet

Albus smiled at the young man in front of him.

"Let's get you sorted," Albus smiled at the anxious look on the boys face.

Harry/Ethan's POV

I smile at Professor Dumbledore, glad he had been the one out on the ground instead of Filch; he was leading me towards his office. I try to look amazed at the halls, but once you have seen it before it just not that amazing the second time. I rubbed my stomach in hunger and in pain; I knew having Hermione give me all those defense books would come back and bite me in the arse.

"Here, Ethan," Dumbledore said as we stopped at his office, "This is my office," I ahh-ed at it and watched as Dumbledore said the password (Bubblegum) and we entered his office. Everything was there, from the old Headmaster and Headmistress paintings, to the odd decorations, to his desk and lastly his phoenix, Fawkes. I smiled at the bird. It studied me and then sang it warmed me from my trip to the past. I moaned softly as the song drifted in my ears.

Dumbledore gestured to the seat and then placed the oh-so-familiar hat on my head.

'Hello Ethan Riddle, or shall I say Harry Potter,' it whispered in my ear.

'Hello, how are you?' I was not shocked it knew my identity; it was in your mind to see who you are, so of course it knew your name.

'Good, just twenty years younger,' I sniggered, comedy at it lowest.

'I still stand by my judgment; you would do well in Slytherin'. I froze then inwardly smirked.

'But, if you would, put me in Gryffindor. I would be in my rightful place, with my father and mother; I need to protect them.'

'So Slytherin like of you, my friend, but you belong with your parents in ...'
"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted the last word out loud. I took of the hat and smiled in relief. I turned my eyes to see Albus Dumbledore beaming.

"Excellent, "he said, "To the feast we shall go."

My stomach grumbled, at the Dursleys I had not eaten from a punishment for two days, however I had had only water, so I would not die on them.
We went into the room where I had first been with the other three champions from the Triwizard Tournament. 'I will not fail my parents' I thought.
Later, okay maybe three minutes later, but when you are hungry, it seems like forever, I heard him announce me.
I stepped out and stared. The four tables were there, teachers and students were there, I recognized some of the faces. I noticed a spot near my dad I could sit there and maybe get to know him. I now know why people mistake me for my Dad; we look so alike it is scary. The only thing I see missing is the scar and the eyes.
I sat, and I heard the girls sigh and giggle, I felt my face heat up.

"Let the feast begin," Dumbledore clapped and the food appeared; I grabbed four drumsticks, vegetables, and potatoes of all kind. I dug in and almost sighed. I heard Sirius laughing and Remus almost choking, but Dad was quiet. I felt his eyes on me. I knew he was watching me; I must remind him of someone.

After dessert, I pretended to be confused where to go.

"Hey, uh, Ethan do you need help getting to the common room?" I heard my Dad's voice drift toward me. I turned and nodded.

"Thanks," I followed him through the crowds, I felt tired from it all. Everything was so tiring. Finally James (yeah I should call him James) stopped at a portrait of Godric Gryffindor.

'Wow that is so cool.' I thought with envy that they got Godric Gryffindor and we got the fat lady.

Lord Gryffindor started to talk.

"Hello James, I heard about your parents I'm-," However, he stopped at looked at me with a closed look; I must remind him of the other Ethan.

"Who is this?" Godric asked me. I smiled.
"Lord Gryffindor, I am Ethan Riddle." Gryffindor smiled, I looked at James; he had a look of shock on his face. Probably the 'Lord' thing, most people do not know that in the period which the founder lived they called people Lords and Ladies.

"Nice to meet you Ethan, "he swung open and I pretended to act so surprised.

"Wow, "I gasped, "It is so... Wow!" I plopped down on the couch and suddenly the day's event caught up with me. I felt my eyes close and suddenly I felt a blanket on me, Dad probably conjured it; I wonder what happened to his parents. That was the last thing I thought before I feel into a soft slumber.

I woke to the yelling of a familiar female. I opened my eyes to see a girl with bright pink robes. It felt weird to see her yelling at my Dad so I interrupted.

"Uh what's wrong?" I sat up and she started up.
"Whats wrong is they... They...Cursed my robes-," I cut her off.

"James was with me," I said, frowning. Deciding to be nice, I would change her robes back to their normal color.

"Here let me," I said. Taking my wand out of its holder, I silently said the reversal charm.
I sighed, suddenly feeling sad. I would never know her in the future.
"Thanks for helping me get here, James," I mumbled (a habit I picked up living with the Dursleys) before I slinked off toward the dormitory.
I saw my familiar bed, and then noticed with a smile that my bed (in the future) was my father's bed. There was an extra bed for me at the end. I sat in the cove in the window, which showed the beautiful grounds, the lake, Hagrid's hut and part of the Quidditch pitch. I heard a creak as the door opened. Something must have happened with James and Lily.

"Hey," his voice came from behind me, I turned my head, and I felt I should lighten the mood.

"Do you like Quidditch?" I asked enthusiastically.

"Oh I LOVE it, you know the flying is amazing, my dad-," James stopped, his eyes dimming. He and his dad played Quidditch all the time before he died, at least that was what I had heard from Sirius. James plopped down on Sirius bed, and I frowned.

"Your dad what?" I asked.

"My dad died along with my mum this summer to Lord Voldemort killed them," he said, watching me closely, he must be wondering why I did not wince at Voldemort's name. I felt sadness for him; he would never see them again.

"I'm sorry, James," I knew he would start about 'not wanting pity' speech so I changed the topic to something that would stop his grief.

"James, your Dad and Mum would have wanted you to remember them for who they were; you Dad loved Quidditch, and so did you. He would have wanted you to play for him, not to not play!" I said fiercely; I knew what it felt like. James sat there stunned.

As I passed, I added, "Goodnight, how about if you think on my words, okay?" I went to my bed, and closed my hangings. I finished closing my hangings and closed my eyes.
I knew it would be great being here. The only thing would be not to tell James and the others about their future. However, Voldemort might be a problem. However, before I could think of a solution I fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story