Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Wise Beyond Years Literally

Chapter 3

by Inkweaver 0 reviews

Harry has a rough first day.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 1281 words

1Exciting
Chapter Three: Books Everywhere
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN IT!

Place: Hogwarts
Time: 5:30 A.M.

Harry, otherwise known as Ethan, groaned and rolled over, glanced at the time, which was 5:30, Harry got up and looked at his face, well Ethan Riddles face, his hair looked like it normally did (when not in disguise), and he sighed. Quietly and quickly he got dressed, but he made his bed, (he knew what it was like to be a slave and didn't want the house elves to worry over his bed in the morning).
Glancing back, he noticed none of the marauders was awake.
'Good. Since everyone else is in a year in front of me, should I study? Ugh, man I hate studying!!' Harry thought as he crossed the common room and out the portrait. Godric Gryffindor was asleep, so not wanting to annoy or wake him he crept past.
Hogwarts was still the same, minus things being younger, that is. It was quiet as always in the morning, he could hear birds chirping, the air smelled musty as it always did in the castle.
Harry quickly found the library easily and thought of a mental list of what he needed.
'Let's see, Defense, Potions, Herbology, History of Magic, Transfiguration and how about werewolf societies. I never knew about that they had this book before... And let's add Hogwarts: A History for the hell of it!' Harry thought as he grabbed the dusty books of their shelves.
The books weighed a ton, but thanks to the chores at the Dursleys, they did not weigh as much to him.
THUMP, went the books against the table as he plopped down on one of the chairs.
'Here we go,' Harry thought as he opened Transfiguration the first chapter that was,
Do you need help with transfiguration? Then read on! Not many people know that to transfer something into something else is just a force of the mind. The wands movements help focus your inner core of magic .Harry sighed; this was going to be a LONG day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time: 8:30
Place: Hogwarts Gryffindor Boys Dormitory, Sixth Year
Remus' Pov
Remus shot up in his bed as his alarm was going haywire, (oddly like Sirius on sugar, which was not good on any occasion) an d he turned it off quickly to avoid waking up anyone else.
Moving his curtains aside he saw the time was 8:30. Being the morning person he was, Remus did not notice the time until he was dressed and brushing his teeth.
'8:30! I am totally late- wait a minute it's Saturday,' Remus thought then snorted, he was not to good noticing things in the morning. Moving out of the bathroom, he noticed that Sirius was as asleep ( he was like dead log) and James was sitting up and stretching. Peter was useless as Sirius in the morning; Death Eaters could attack and they would sleep through it.
"Hey James, you see Ethan?" Remus asked as he glanced at Ethan's made but empty bed. James looked at his bed too.
"No you?" he said slowly, not catching up yet. James had gotten up and opened his trunk for his clothes, rummaging through it he found his clothes and pulled them out happily.
"Probably at breakfast," Remus said as James entered the bathroom.
He left the room and down the staircase, the fire was cackling and nobody was in the common room.
"Breakfast? He could get lost or we should go find him!" James said, running down the stairs, his hair looked like a bird's old nest; his clothes were ruffled, along with his tie hanging on his neck wrong.
'I wonder why James is so protective of this kid, maybe since he lost his parents he wants to be more responsible,' Remus thought as he ran after him.
"James, wait up," he called. As he ran he noticed a figure at the library, books were stacked on a chair next to either him or her. Then he noticed the scent smelled like Ethan.
James suddenly rounded the corner and bumped into Remus causing him to fly forward and almost into the chair of the books. A hand caught right before he did.
"Need help? Uh, what's your name?" Remus looked up to his savior to see that it was Ethan. James stood frozen, then hopped up.
"That's Remus Lupin! What is with the books?" James asked happily. He bounced forward with a grin, helped Remus up, and sat down next to Ethan. With caution, Remus sat down, he watched as Ethan smiled.
"Reading, or if you have not noticed I am a year younger than you," he said. James blushed (which he didn't do often) and smiled.
"What books are you reading?" Remus asked smiling; he was starting to like Ethan.
"Oh, you know the core subjects, Hogwarts: A History and this book on werewolf societies," Remus and James froze with panic, what if he found out. However, Ethan continued with a disgusted look on his face.
"The author makes it sound like packs are some kind of gang but they're not; they are people with a disability, but also a gift. The author thinks werewolves are some kind of animal-," James cut him off.
"Do you think they are?" James asked as Remus looked at Ethan quickly; he wondered what he would say.
"They are NOT ANIMALS, as I said before they are people with a gift, but a curse," Ethan said unhesitant at all. Relief flooded Remus and by the look of it James too. All of a sudden all threes stomachs growled.
"So, want to go get breakfast?" asked Ethan while he was up he put the books away.
"Sure," they both answered, helping him put them away.
"How long you been up?" Remus asked as they walked the corridors to the Great Hall.
"About four hours," Ethan said as James gasped in mock fear.
"How could you wake up so early?" asked James with twinkling eyes.
"Well I had chores-," he stopped as a group of Slytherins rounded the last corridor to the Great Hall.
The leader, known as Lucius Malfoy, sneered and pulled out his wand, knowing where there were Gryffindors there was a fight waiting to happen. James and Remus followed the habit but Ethan just looked at Malfoy with a closed expression.
"Who are you?" asked Ethan with a raised eyebrow.
"Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy," drawled Malfoy with a sneer. "Who are you?"
"Ethan, Ethan Riddle. Were not paying attention last night or were you looking at yourself with a spoon?" drawled Ethan with a Slytherin-worthy sneer. Lucius jeered back and eyed the others. Remus recognized them as Crabbe and Goyle with Severus Snape. Suddenly Malfoy screamed,
"Minutatum Concedere!" A large cut a appeared on Ethan's shirt, blood seeping through , Ethan winced and glared, and suddenly the Slytherins were forced back with an invisible force, with their wands in Ethan's hands.
"Next time you want to hurt someone, you need to learn who you are dealing with, go fetch!" Ethan threw their wands down the corridor and the Slytherins ran and glared.
"Evil- sickening -rude," was all Remus heard and Ethan held a hand to the cut on his stomach.
"You should go to the Hospital Wing, Ethan," said James. Remus nodded and watched as Ethan sighed.
"Alright, lets go," though as he moved forward, he swayed and held his head. Remus and James rushed forward.
"Come on." James took one arm, Remus took the other, and together they took Ethan to the Hospital Wing. As they passed the white double doors, Ethan moaned softly and Remus and James pushed the doors open. As they rushed in, they saw-
Sign up to rate and review this story