Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Wise Beyond Years Literally

chapter 4: The letter

by Inkweaver 0 reviews

A letter changes Harry's life forever...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry, James - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 1937 words

-1Boring
Chapter Four

Place: Hogwarts
Secondary place: Hospital wing, bed 12

Time: 9:00

Ethan moaned softly as they pushed them open and rushed in when they saw....
Madam Phomprey with her hands on her hips.
"What did you two do!" she snapped, not seeing Ethan, who held his stomach in pain.
"Nothing," James said, and then gestured to Ethan, "Ethan is..." However, Phomphrey gasped and leaped forward and lead Ethan to the bed 12.
"Take your shirt off, I will get my supplies," Remus and James saw Ethan blush and take off his bloody shirt. A large gash ran from his belly- button to his ribs, it was running with blood. Ethan winced and sighed.
"I hate hospital wings," he said and right after Madam Phomphrey came bustling in.
"What happened, it is your first day," she murmured and took her wand and some cream and started to poke Ethan in his stomach. Each time she did, Ethan winced and snickered.
Finally, she waved her wand and Ethan's cut slowly closed up. Phomphrey took some cream and dabbed it on Ethan's stomach. Each time she touched him, Ethan blushed.
'Ethan has not made a sound,' Remus thought, 'It must not hurt,' Then Remus winced as Ethan hissed in pain as she finally poked him and sniffed.
"Well that is done, any more pains Mr. Riddle," she informed him, "Please come to see me," Then she conjured and shirt and stalked off, but right before she did Ethan said quietly,
"Thanks," Madam turned and smiled. Ethan put his shirt on and rubbed his stomach.
"Breakfast here we come!" Jumping out of the hospital wing Ethan sang,
"I AM FREE, FREFALLING!" Ethan danced around and drug Remus and James down the steps and toward the great hall.
'How does he know where it is?' Remus thought as Ethan hummed and walked through the doors and James smiled and walked through too.
The normal was happening in the Great Hall then Ethan sat down next to James who sat near Sirius who glared at Ethan as the girls giggled and sighed. Ethan blushed and grabbed eggs, porridge, bacon and toast. James smiled and grabbed what seemed an endless amount of food. Remus, who sat across form Ethan, grabbed almost the same as Ethan did. Practically shoveling it down, Ethan smiled and swallowed.
"So what do you guy do on-," by the owl post cut him off, tons of owls came swooping down, and everyone was dreading the same thing, the black letter telling them a family member had died. The only person oblivious to it all was Ethan who kept devouring his food at a UN -normal pace.
Suddenly an Raven with the mark that Voldemort sent up in the sky landed in front of Ethan. James knew what it was; it was an acceptance letter to the ranks of Lord Voldemort. The Great Hall went quiet as Ethan stopped eating, set down his fork, and stared at the bird.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry/Ethan's pov

I stare at the bird and frowned it was quite annoying that Voldemort would sent a letter on my first day; I knew the dark mark anywhere, that was an acceptance letter but for whom? Him, Harry Potter or Ethan Riddle who knew. I sighed, picked the letter off the bird, looked at the seal, and felt the connection of his Voldemort take place. I groaned softly, Voldie was trying to bring attention to me, he must know I was here by our connection.
I opened the long letter, it didn't explode, good sign. I took a last look at James before I glanced down at the letter.

Dear Harry Potter or shall I say Ethan Riddle,

As you should know Harry, I send my Ravens out for invitations to my ranks. However, I have asked you many time to join me, and quite politely, I might like to add. Now I will ask you one more time, join my ranks, the power we could hold over the world. You could have power, money and a family, you know the kind that do not beat you and st arve you like that one you have now. I could protect you from the world; you could be my son, my heir! Remember your mother, the one sitting at the table near you; remember your father, sitting next to you!
I would like to warn you, your young parents are not as protected as you think. Try to protect them and die slowly as they are tortured. Join me and you could really be Ethan Riddle.
From,
Lord Voldemort


I groaned and rolled up the letter. This day was going from bad to worst. I looked up to see Remus staring at him with confusion. James was frozen and Sirius was getting madder then I have ever seen him.
"Remus," I whispered, though it was completely quite in the Hall, "Can I borrow some paper?" Remus nodded and asked,
"You are writing back?" I sighed then glared at the parchment.
"He is just trying to recruit me with his persuasion," There is where I snorted, "He just a little -," But Remus gave me the paper. I moved my dishes out of the way, I knew there were everyone's eyes were on me. I smirked and grabbed a quill and ink from my pocket.
"Hmmm how should I start it?" I tapped my quill in mock thought.
"How about 'Dear Voldemort or NO how about Dear Voldie-kins," Remus and James stared in horror.
"Yeah that will do, wait I will be formal to reject him," I said, James spoke up.
"You are going to tell him no?" I nodded and smirked.
"It will make him madder," I dipped my quill and wrote on the parchment.
Dear Tommy or shall I say 'Lord' Voldemort,
Nice letter, but I will NEVER join you. Even if the Earth were to split and it were the only thing to save the world. Nice offer about me being your 'heir' to that I say HAAA as if I would be anything more then your enemy! YOU KILLED MY PARENTS, TOOK AWAY MY ONLY PARENTS, MY FRIEND AND TORTURED ME! Like I would like to join you HAHHAH, Tom you really crack me up!
To the threat about my parents, bring it on Tommy- kins! I have more protection then you on your Death Munchers!

Not so sincerely,
Harry Potter a.k.a Ethan Riddle a.k.a the boy who lived (To see your ugly snake like face!)


P.s This parchment shall explode in
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2

Have a nice day!


I smirked and tapped my wand to the parchment to make it explode turning Tom's face pink.
"Ha there we go!" I said and handed the letter to the Raven. It what I think can, glared at me and flew off.
Remus was staring at me,
"What did you do to-," I cut him off.
"I jinxed it to explode in his face, turning it pink!" I said casually, as I picked up a piece of toast and chomped into it.
"WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR" shouted James his face scared? Yeah that is it.
"He took my parents from so I take his evilness and twist it," I said thinking about Voldemort's face when he opens that letter.
"Oh well do you know he wil be-," Sirius started, now not so mad,
"Pissed, jumping up and down with a mad face- which shall be pink," I cackled and Sirius and Peter stared. The Hall was still quite, so I turned and glared.
"WHAT! THIS IS NOT SOME FREAK SHOW!" I snapped and the whole great hall went back to their conversations.
"Jeez," I said as Lily came and sat next to me.
"Goodness, Ethan why so mad?" I stared, she obviously did not know.
"Lily-.." I started before James cut me off.
"He got a letter from HIM," I stared at James confused.
"Who," I said trying to irritate him.
"You - know -Who!" said peter finally, everyone had gone quite.
"You - know who, who?"
"Vo- Voldemort," said Remus. I beamed and smiled.
"Oh you mean snake face, yeah I got a nice letter from him," I said touching my pocket. Remus and the rest stared, finally Lily smiled, that smile I would remember forever.
"Thanks for turning my hair back Ethan," she gave me a smile before walking out. James, who had been staring, snapped out of it.
"So what do you want to do?" I jumped up and said in a singsong voice.
"Let's go investigate the grounds" I started to hum then burst into song,
"WHE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD, THE WIZARD OF OZ!" I remember when I was at the Dursleys and I had been cleaning the tables in the living room when the Wizard of Oz had come on. I had watched it while cleaning.
I danced out and Remus came with me with an amused expression. I weaved through the student and flung open the door.
The fresh air hit me and I opened my eyes. It was beautiful, the lake still there, the trees still the same. There was Hagrid hut with Hagrid making pumpkins.
"You like it here," James came up next to me with Sirius next to him.
"It's beautiful!" I said dancing around and plopped down in the grass near the lake. Remus and Peter smiled and sat next to me, on the other side James and Sirius sat near the tree. I gazed out to the scene of the calm lake, wondering if Tom got me letter.

Place: Somewhere evil
Secondary place: Voldemort's throne
Time: 2:00 p.m.

A dark figure sat on a lonely throne in front if masked figures. The masked figures stirred and watched as a Raven landed on their Lords arm.
"Finally," hissed the figure as it took the letter off the Raven and relived it from his arm. "Potter's letter of acceptance," the figure got off the throne and opened the letter and stalked around the figures as he read. His face turned from calmness to anger.
"How- how?" sputtered the figure know identified as a mutant if wait sorry, wrong it is Lord Voldemort. Suddenly the letter blew up leaving the figure with a pink face. Lord Voldemort frowned and conjured a mirror, it showed his snake-like-face,which was PINK!
"NOOOOOOO!" screamed Lord Voldemort as he fell to his knees and threw his hands up.

Place: Hogwarts
Secondary place: Outside near the lake
Time: 2:01

Remus sighed as Ethan snickered suddenly as his wand turned pink and flashed.
"Ethan what the-?" Sirius had warmed up to Ethan when he pranked Lord Voldemort. Ethan smirked and said happily, "Voldie got my letter!" James sighed and shock his head.
"Seriously Ethan you have problems," Ethan clutched his heart and sniffed dramatically
"I know I have problem s but you did not have to point it out!" He said standing up and walking towards the lake, his back was towards them. James was confused then his face lighten up. James took out his wand and whispered,
"Windgarduim Leviousa" Ethan moved around and smirked. James was upside down.
"Awww, is four eyes dry and upside down? I must correct that!" The rest roared with laughter as James is thrown in the lake. James came up and sputtered. He glared then made a motion ot Remus and Sirius. Remus and Sirius picked Ethan up and threw him in the lake.
About a minute later, everyone was wet and on the ground drying off.
"I love it here!" Ethan proclaimed as he fell asleep on the ground drying off.










Sign up to rate and review this story