Categories > Original > Fantasy > Forever Cupid

Chpter 6

by aberdeenqueen22 0 reviews

Merida goes to tooth palace to be 'convinced' by Tooth she needs the guardians protection but there is someone standing in her way...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Crossover - Published: 2015-11-26 - 3386 words - Complete

0Unrated
Forever Cupid Chapter 6
Ongoing Jarida/Jerida fanfic where Merida becomes Cupid. In this chapter Merida goes to the tooth palace, be sure to read all previous chapters. Enjoy!
*
“Arg!” Merida shouted. He just made her so- so- Ugh! She couldn’t stand the fact that Jack had the ability to wind her up so tight. Who was he to think that she was some toy he could play with whenever he wanted!? Throughout all those years of teasing and then some. She grumbled at the thought.
It wasn’t just that he angered her, but he had lied. From the point they very met. He lied to her about who she was, and where she came from, and it hurt. She wiped away hot angry tears as she flew to south east Asia, the location of the tooth palace.
*
“Alright girls, places, places!” in the tooth palace the fairies were frantic to make things presentable for Cupid. Tooth bit at her nails worriedly, wondering if she could pull this off. She had only just met her today and hadn’t a clue what she was really like.
Suddenly a large gust of wind blew her hover off course, but as she regained herself, Tooth saw Cupid coming in for a landing. She welcomed her with a bright smile but frowned at seeing Cupids face flushed and deep bags beneath her eyes. “Cupid? Are you- are you O.K.?” Tooth cocked her head to look Cupid in the eyes but she hid behind her hair.
Merida sniffled and looked Tooth in the eye, trying hard to mask her emotions “aye, I’m fine. Now, I’m ‘ere to be convinced?”
“Oh!” Tooth brightened up remembering the preparations. “Well I thought I’d show you around, and what it was that I and my fairy’s did and…” Merida had stopped paying attention. Most of the things that came out of this girl’s mouth was nonsense anyway, at least to Merida it was. Much like North, Tooth began with a tour of her palace. The gardens, living quarters and the loading dock were the first three on her list.
Merida was reviewing Tooth in her head, it was obvious she wasn’t the most free spirit but, Merida grew to like her, hell, even enough to call her a friend. To paused and looked questionably to the now setting sun. “Hmmm…” she hummed as she drummed her fingers on her lips “I know!” All of her feathers seemed to stand on end with excitement as she was quick to grab Cupid by the wrist and pull her to another platform.
When they arrived to this new platform, Merida noticed that it was decorated far more intractably than most others and a large column stood in the center. This column held hundreds upon hundreds of tiles hat were decorated in the shapes of pink purple and gold diamonds, each and every gold diamond housing a child’s face. Merida gazed at it curiously for a moment and ten turned to Tooth with expectant eyes. Tooth seemed to daydream towards the column, letting out a pleasant sigh as her eyes passed the many faces.
“Ahem,” Merida scoffed expectantly. Tooth gazed to her dreamily “Huh?” at seeing the serious expression on Cupids face she realized why she was her in the first place “Oh, ah, right,” she laughed awkwardly, but immediately retaliated with a proper explanation.
“You see these?” Tooth began, pointing at the various faces “each and every single face you see either was or is a child, well, at least there memories. But not any memories, the teeth we collect hold the most vital memories of childhood, and when someone forgets what’s important, well, we help them remember, for example” Tooth tapped on the face of a boy and the outline of his tile glowed to life as Tooth pulled it from the large column. The container was a small, sleek cylinder that had the boy’s face on either end of it. Tooth opened it up revelling a little more than a dozen teeth, “This little boy, Iliaga, grew up in Hungary, one day, well, let’s just say he was ready to give up on life, but we,” Tooth motioned to herself and some stand by fairies “we helped him remember how much he meant to his family, and what there was to hold onto in his life,”
Tooth closed the container with the utmost care and looked to it lovingly before she placed it back in the column. “Cupid, we also have your memories, if you’d like to see them,”
“Ma- ma’ memories?”
“Like I said, we do have everyone’s,” Merida debated whether she really wanted to see them or not. It had been so long since she recollected her memories, it had been just this morning she had decided to forget them. For good.
But should she? Or would it just make things worse? Merida looked at Tooth who looked back with a caring smile, a smile that Merida could trust. She swallowed hard and nodded, not daring to speak of her family in front of Tooth, as an effort to avoid the whole emotional scenario she had with North earlier.
At the sign of the nod Tooth clapped excitedly and whirled of to another distant plat form that, yet again, held a column full of faces. When Tooth returned with a cylinder container that held Merida’s face, she smiled at the fact her hair took up majority of the small circle that contained it. Tooth passed the container to Cupid who turned it in her hands to better observe it.
“So, uh, what do I do now?” Merida looked up to Tooth, wondering how she was supposed to see her memories, “Oh! Yes, all you have to do is tap your finger right there,” Tooth pointed to a spot on the container and Merida obeyed.
Instantly after touching it, the diamonds seemed to shimmer and expand until it took up all of Merida’s vision. Finally the distorted shapes turned into crystal clear images, images of the past, her life, her memories.
There were dozens of memories that laced before her, like the time a loud crack of thunder startled her while she was playing and her mother was the first to comfort her, or the time she went camping and received her first bow, the time her brothers were born, and the adventure she had with her mother after the witch had turned her into a bear.
Finally, there was a memory that Merida could hardly forget. She was a young girl, twelve to fourteen at best, this memory terrified her as much as it gave her courage, this was the time she had escaped from kidnappers. She recollected the incident before the whole scenario was played before her. If she remembered correctly, she wriggled herself free from the man’s grasp and cut the ties and ran as fast as her legs could possibly carry her. But, what she remembered wasn’t exactly how the memory played out.
First she was fetching an arrow that flew into the forest due to poor aim on her part, the next thing she knew she was gaged and being hauled off to a caravan in the distance, this of course was true but, the one thing she didn’t remember was Jack.
Jack had been there, trying to help her, but failing and simply passing through the men he attempted to ward them off. Finally after she was bound, a gust of wind carried Jack up into the air and he brought it down with an epic force, bring the men to their knees and allowing Merida to run to her freedom.
The memories ended abruptly and Merida swallowed a huge gasp and nearly fell back wit the shock of reality rushing back to her.
“Tooth, I think- I know somethin’ es wrong with yur memories,” Tooth shook her head “Impossible,” she said “all of those are your teeth and there’s no way memories become distorted on their own, maybe you forgot about it?”
“No, no, I remember this clearly but, but there wuz somethin’ off, or should I say someone” Tooth revealed a confused expression “What do you mean?”
“I mean,” Merida exasperated “someone who wasn’t there in real life was there when I saw the memory,” Tooth gasped faintly and asked “Was it a spirit?”
“W- how’d ya’ know?” Merida asked suspiciously. Tooth answered immediately “Well, even if one can’t see a spirit in life, the occurrence of their presence is automatically recorded in ones memories, for a time where either that person begins to believe or, well, their viewing there memories in the afterlife, like you for example seeing your memories right now,” there was a brief pause as Merida processed this. Tooth drummed her finger against each other debating to herself if she should pry or not, “I-I hate to ask, but who was it?”
“Jack…” Merida practically whispered his name. Tooth flushed immediately after hearing his name. She giggle “oh, um, ah Jack-Jack Frost?” she giggled some more at trying to hide the obvious crush, but all Merida could do at this point was ignore her.
Emotions swirled from within, she didn’t know if she was mad or relived or- or anything. She had been wrong, the whole time Jack kept this from her…
“I have to go,” Cupid said suddenly “What? No, Cupid-” but Tooth ended speaking at the fact Merida leapt from the platform and flew off into the sunset “Cupid! The teeth!” but Merida couldn’t hear her. See was too focused on what and who she needed to find. Please, she thought, please let me find you. And with that she was off to Jack.
*
The night had crept into full bloom and Pitch lurked in the darkness of it all. His shadows returned from the Tooth Palace with very pleasing news. They explained that the Man in the Moon was on to him and had called upon the guardians to protect her, and that she had spent the latest night with sand man and the entire day with Nicolas st. North and the Tooth Fairy, he was especially interested in the encounter with her memories, which he was promptly told of by his shadows.
“Her memories?” Pitch asked his shadows “What did you manage to find?” they eagerly told him of her past life, how she had turned her mother into a bear and her connections with the frost. “Frost?” Pitch scoffed then chuckled “I have little interest in that winter spirit, but her back story is rather interesting,” he stroked his chin “Much better describes hate if you ask me…” he trailed of as a brilliant idea struck him.
“Boys!” he screamed to his awaiting shadows “I think it’s time to catch us a bird,”
*
“Jack!” Merida screamed “Jack!” she’d been up half the night searching for him. He could be anywhere by now, and it wasn’t like this world was getting any smaller. “Jack!” she screamed again as she soared above the tree tops. Suddenly, a group of trees rattled intensely as something ran through them. It caught Merida slightly by surprise. Whatever it was, it wasn’t natural and it was a cause for investigation.
She glided down to a clearing near the recent rustling and retracted her wings. She planted her feet firmly in the ground and held a defensive position as she drew her bow. It was dead silent before she heard a faint chuckle and something brush through her hair. Merida whipped around but nothing was there but the shadows, a nervous sweat broke as she furrowed her brow.
“Don’t be afraid,” the voice that belonged to the chuckle erupted behind her “I don’t bite,” She spun on her heals and firmly aimed her bow at the new found figure. It was a tall man, with a black and grey contrast. He wore a single dark robe and unkempt hair. His jaw line and nose were sharply shaped, and his forehead furrowed. Merida noticed he had no eyebrows, but right beneath the area they were supposed to be were his piercing yellow eyes that seemed to look right through her while cornering what was left.
She didn’t respond to him but grumbled lightly, still aiming her bow high. “Well I see you’re not one for theatrics,” he began as he started to pace “You may not have the slightest idea of who I am but, let’s just say I’m a friend,” Merida scoffed “well unfortunately fer’ you I have enough friends,” Pitch to a large step closer to her “What if I said I could help, I mean, that’s what friends are for,”
“I don’t think ya heard me,” Merida said sternly “Not interested” she turned to walk away but was met by the man’s face looming down at her. How’d he get there so fast? “And I don’t think you heard me,” he disappeared instantly in the black that seemed to encase her world. The darkness surged around her, combing through her hair and wrapping around her body. It went away as quickly as it came and she found herself in a new scenery.
It was a cold, dark, damp cave, with cages that hung from the ceiling and stair cases and hallways that led to nowhere. On an elevated platform stood a globe similar to Norths, with flickering lights all over its surface. She looked around angrily searching for the man who was nowhere to be found.
“Where am I?!’ she screamed angrily into the large cave. She expected an echo but none returned. This room seemed to swallow her voice whole. The now familiar and demeaning chuckle bounced through the room. “You know, I truly am a friend, who only wishes to help,” suddenly a hand grasped her wrist from behind and pulled her close. The two were now eye to eye and it sent shivers through Merida’s spine as he smiled down to her. She wasn’t afraid, but the cold brutality she felt near him was overwhelming.
She ripped her hand away from his grasp and held the container with her teeth close to her chest, that and her- she gasped, where was her doll? The dark man smirked at her at seeing the obvious distress. He took in a large breath before he began again “Love is such a pointless emotion,” he put his arms behind his back and began to circle her, but she kept her eye on him and scoffed at his remark. She then noticed something in his hand that his was casually observing. He doll. But for some reason, she didn’t feel like she needed it back.
He continued “Much less a center, don’t you agree?” Merida’s grip loosened on her teeth. “Ifyou ask me, hatred is what defines you best your memories alone have revealed that much about you,” she looked down to her teeth now and remembered all the fights she’d gotten into, with her family, her mother most of all, how she’d torment the servants and never play nice with the other kids when she was a child. The shadowed man continued “And your desire for freedom speaks clearly when in the dark” he lloked down to her after a walking a full circle around her ‘After all, whose cruel enough to change her own mother into a bear? Not what I would call love at all” he spat.
No, that wasn’t love, was it? Merida told herself. As she thought this his hand crept closer and closer to her teeth, and the more she remembered all the horrible memories in her life, the more she wanted to forget, and the looser her grip became on the teeth.
Suddenly, a familiar voice rang out through the darkness “Merida!” something inside her sparked when he called her name, but only enough to make her gaze upwards “Jack?” she said softly.
Jack stood a few feet from Merida, but eyed the man dangerously with his fists clenched firmly around his staff. He said her name again but still had his eyes glued to the now frowning man beside her “Merida, don’t listen to him!”
The shadowed man stood up straight and placed a hand on Merida’s shoulder. It was cold to the touch and felt oddly possessive, but this time she didn’t move away from him, because this time she didn’t know who to trust. “Jack Frost? Now isn’t this a surprise! I don’t remember inviting you here,”
Jack immediately cut him off “I don’t want to have to become your enemy Pitch, but I won’t let you manipulate Merida into being your ally,” Jacks staff was now surging with a glowing power as he pointed it defensively “Merida, come on, I’m getting you out of here” he said with determination.
“No” it was soft, almost as if it wasn’t there. Both Pitch and Jack looked to Merida shocked. “No” she said, this time much firmer. “I’m not goin’ with ya’ Jack, not ‘til you tell me the truth, why were you in my memories?” Jack looked shocked for a moment, a little lost maybe, but soon turned back to the defensive “Merida, I’ll tell you later, but now you have to-”
“No Jack” she yelled “Tell me now! Right now!” Jack saw the determination in her eyes and knew that they weren’t leaving here without an explanation. Meanwhile Pitch stood in the side lines, a smirk stretched across his face.
*
There’s chapter six for you, again my next update will be within two weeks. Hope you guys enjoyed it and I’m sorry if my writings been weak or really plot wholey lately. Although, there are some points I would like to tell you about that I haven’t clearly worked into the story yet;
-Merida can control the wind, but she can’t form clouds(can manipulate them or cause them to disperse) or make rain or snow or anything like that and although her wind magic is powerful it isn’t so powerful that she can cause tornado’s, that MAX that power reaches is probably being able to knock down a couple of tree’s
-The other Magic she possess is love (well duh!) but it is only focused through her bow and arrows, without them she can’t use her powers (like how Jack is powerless without his staff) and that includes flying/expanding her wings, wind control, and spreading love
-MERIDA/JACK ARE A PAIRING!! It has been asked by some of my readers but I would like to make it clear this is a Jarida fanfic, but their romance isn’t all of what this story is based on, it’s more of half the story, being the influence and the topic, but this is an actual Adventure I’m writing, not some romance where they meet and its love at first sight, that dos not describe either of their characters whatsoever and I want them to have a chance to fall in love while experiencing something more in depth than a romance with an actual story line, and yes, I know that this story is tirelessly long, but as I mentioned before I’m going to write enough to fill a small book and I will finish this.
-Jack is pretty much the only one who refers to Merida by her name. Mostly because he has a backstory with her, while the moon told the rest of the spirits to call her ‘Cupid’, not Merida. And she doesn’t like being called Cupid but grows accustom to it and will only let those close to her call her Merida otherwise.
And if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them and if I don’t it’s because it’s either a stupid question or you’ll find out later in the story. Pleas review, like or share. Thanks!
-Aberdeenqueen22
Sign up to rate and review this story