Categories > Original > Fantasy > Forever Cupid

Chapter 7

by aberdeenqueen22 0 reviews

Pitch has plans to bring Cupid over to his side, but an interloper has other plans...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Published: 2015-12-02 - 3394 words

0Unrated
The room was dead silent. Jack watched a sob creep on to Merida’s face and he knew that neither of them were leaving here without an explanation, meanwhile Pitch smiled maliciously, observing the tension between the two. Jack breathed in and swallowed his pride as he let the words slip from his lips. “I- I never meant to hurt you,” silence fallowed for another tense moment “It’s my-“Jack voice cracked. Why was it so hard? It’d just been put off for so long and now it was finally coming back on him. He should have known it would have come sooner or later but… but what?
He cursed inwardly, angered by what an idiot he could be. “Merida, it’s my fault you died,”
Silence fallowed. He had said it. What he had been denying to himself, for Merida’s- no his sake, was finally out in the open. Merida on the other hand bared no filter to her emotions. She looked confused, devastated, and full of rage all at once “I don’t believe you!” she screamed at him. “I don’t!”
“Well believe it!” Jack yelled. Merida gasped at him suddenly lashing out, and Jack grimaced, soon regretting his harsh response. He needed to tell her the story from start to finish. “Do you remember, when you were almost kidnapped?” Jack began, “And do you remember how you got away?”
“Jack-” Merida began but she was cut off “Well that was me,” Jack told her “I was flying over Scotland one day and then I saw a wisp, and it led me to a screaming girl. You. When I saw you, I tried so hard to save you, it wasn’t until I used my powers to force the men down that you got your chance to escape. You ran and I covered up your trails,” he looked deep into her eyes “I’d been attached to you ever since,”
“It wasn’t ‘til a few years later I saw you again, when I did it was winter and your brothers wanted you to take them sledding, you didn’t want to go but I, I made you,”
“You know how I can spark a person’s energy? Well I did that to you and you went sledding. But it was near a cliff, the cliff you fell off of.” There was another moment of silence, and Merida could see the obvious distress in Jacks expression “Merida I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry. There was nothing I could do to save you, none of you believed in me and I passed right through you, and if it wasn’t for me you would have lived your life and-”
“Jack,” Merida stopped him. He looked like he wold fall apart if he said anything more. “Jack you idiot,” she gripped her teeth tightly again and smiled. Jack was so confused, shouldn’t she be ready to kill him? “Don’t you see? If it wasn’t fer’ you I wouldn’t a’ ‘bin there ta’ save ma’ brothers, and there wuz nothin’ you could do,” she looked down to her teeth again “Jack, I’m the one who should be sorry, and I know you’re the one who saved me. I saw it in ma’ memories, and how I became Cupid from the love I had fer’ ma’ brothers. Because I love’ them” she paused and took a step further from Pitch “And Jack, I- I-“
“I don’t think so!” Pitch had watched the whole situation unravel in his hands. Before Merida could take another step he through an arm around her neck and pulled her close. She kicked and squirmed under his iron grasp but couldn’t free herself “Let me go!” she cried.
“Pitch!” Jack had his staff at the ready and began to leap, but found that his feet were stuck to the ground, shadows as thick as tar holding him back. One suddenly reached for his staff and pull it away but Jacks grip held firm. The tug-of-war he had to play to keep onto his staff was too consuming for him to be able to help Merida. All he could do was helplessly watch.
Merida continued to struggle, trying to use her now expanded wings to aid in her escape but there was no chance she could free herself from his grasp. “I think we’ve all had enough excitement for today,” Pitch said as he raised his free arm above his head. Shadows swirled about in it, forming what looked like a dagger. With an epic amount of force he brought the weapon down onto Merida’s chest. Jack watched in horror as she screamed and grasped the spot the dagger had struck her before she went limp in Pitch’s arms.
“No!” Jack yelled, still struggling to keep hold of his staff. Pitch just snickered as he looked to the limp girl, whose wings slowly began to retract “I can see why you want the little bird so badly Jack,” a pause as he looked up and down her body, eyeing her curves and unconscious expression. It was so relaxed, so vulnerable. He smiled “Oh, but don’t worry,” he began to gently traced her jaw line down to her chin before stroking her bottom lip with his thumb. He smiled maliciously before he looked to Jack “I take good care of my pets,”
Instantly after these words left his mouth, the floor fell beneath Jack and he found himself falling into a dark unknown.
*
Merida woke from what seemed to be an eternal sleep. She was extremely relived to be awake, for the sleep she was in was filled with nightmares. Suddenly a throb of pain erupted from her chest.
Merida bolted upward as she clutched the area the pain had been coming from. Her heart began to throb unsteadily as the pain began to creep around her entire body. She was about to scream out before the pain subsided and only left her fingers buzzing slightly. She looked down to them and was shocked to find they were pale and dull, as if they were turning grey, and cold, they felt so, so cold.
She stuck her hands underneath her arm pits as an effort to warm them up. As she stood and observed where she was. She hadn’t a clue where she was or where she’d been before that. All f it was just- just so foggy.
She was in a large cave. It was underground of course but it seemed to be filled with sun light. Flowers bloomed and moss grew all over the place. She glanced at a stream and began to walk over to it but collapsed after her legs wobbled severely. If she couldn’t walk, she’d have to crawl.
Inch by inch she dragged herself to the stream and upon finally reaching it, a wave of relief washed over her, which was, until she looked down to her reflection.
*
Bunny ears perked at a loud scream that echoed through the warren. It sounded strangely familiar. It was summer and bunny had been in the midst of weaving baskets before her went to explore.
He cleared the west wing but was shocked to find a person slumped near the southern stream. He knew who this person was immediately at seeing the mass of red curls upon her head. But something wasn’t right about it. A portion of her hair, the part right near the roots, was turning black. Pitch black.
“Cupid” bunny said before he frantically hopped over to her. “Cupid are you O.K?” he said as he turned her shoulder to view her face. He gasped and took a step back at seeing her skin grey. “Bunny…” she said weakly.
He grew even more frantic at seeing her so weak. He was expecting her to show up, but not in this state, “Bunny I-”he interrupted her immediately before scooping her up in his arms “Don’t speak, you need ta’ lay down and relax,” he brought her over to a flower bed and laid her down. “Ah, ma’ wings rabbit…” she began. Bunny realized that her minimized wings were spread uncomfortable so he lifted her up again so that she could spread them comfortably “Thanks…” she mumbled, but Bunny didn’t hear her through his shock.
Her once snow white wings were now a dark shade of black, just like her slightly darkened hair. “Cupid, who… who did this to you,” the sentence started out I worry but turned to rage. He would not stand for this. “I- I don’t remembar” she began before she winced between short breaths.
“Don’t try ta’ move,” Bunny said as he placed a hand on her side to steady her. His hand was warm and comforting, but at the same time, not at all comfortable. She now noticed that he was completely leaning over her body. She didn’t know if something caught in her throat or if she was too weak to speak, but she tried “Bu-Bunny…”
“Shh,” he shushed her “The names Aster,” there was a pause as he looked deep into her eyes. She thought she saw a brief smile before he grew serious “Now can you try ta’ remember who did this?”
“Uh, um…” she tried to answer but her voice felt hoarse, and there was something very distracting about Bunny’s hand still placed on her side. She finally managed to say “I- I don’t know why ana’one would try ta’ hurt meh”
“Neither do I,” Bunny said quietly, then even more quietly “Cupid, I would never hurt you,” and almost on cue, Bunny leaned down even further to Merida’s face before closing his eyes and gently placing his lips down on hers.
Merida was petrified. She was laying there, eyes wide open, face hot with a violent blush, and completely paralyzed with shock. Even though she was the barer of love, she’d never actually considered it for herself. She’d never been one to want a relationship, she was perfectly happy on her own, but here she was. Petrified while she was getting her first kiss.
She was lying motionless so that it was bunny doing the kissing, his fury lips tickling hers. He hummed suddenly before he began to nibble at her upper lip, his hand making its way up her waist as he did. His hand got closer and closer to chest. “Bunny,” she said. It came out muffled due to the progressing kiss. She tried to push him off but he held her tighter, now using both arms and letting the kiss grow rougher and more forced compared to the gentle one that had started it out.
“Bunny get off me!” she managed to demand. She tried to squirm from his grasp but he positioned himself on top of her, pinning her down and forcing himself on her. His hand had finally managed to cup her chest as he began to speak through rough kisses “Oh Cupid- you’re such a tease- but now- now we can be together,”
Merida was frantic- no not frantic, ragefull! How dare he? How dare he!? “I. Said. Get. Off!” suddenly a, burst of energy erupted from within her weak body and a black swirl of shadows formed in her hand before she punched Bunny square in the jaw. The impact sent him flying several meters away from her and he rolled before he remained limp on the ground.
She looked to her hand in surprise. How did she do that?! And sent him flying nonetheless? Suddenly the warren grew darker and a familiar laughter echoed throughout. “Who’s there!?” Merida yelled as she bolted upright. For some reason she felt much stronger after punching the rabbit, almost as if those shadows gave her a new strength, one that was more power full than before.
A voice came from behind her and she found a dark man step out of the shadows. Upon seeing his face a wave of memories came to her. How he brought her down to his dark caves, and tried to convince her to come to his side and- she gasped, and Jack. She remembered nothing after he stabbed her, and had no clue what happened to Jack.
“Pitch” she growled his name before she pounced, attempting to plow him over, but he disappeared in the shadows just before she could reach him “Come out an’ fight meh ya’ spineless git!” she raged but she just heard him laugh before he appeared again, this time holding something in is hand. An arrow. Not just any arrow, it was one of her many silver tipped love arrows except this one had a black tip. She gasped at realizing that neither her quiver nor bow were with her.
“You know it’s funny,” he began “How misused love arrows can turn to lust,” she gasped and looked over to the limp rabbit “Why you putrid beast!” she roared as she ran at him again, and again he disappeared into the shadows, easily avoiding her.
“I don’t understand,” the voice echoed “Why you care so much for your center. What has it ever done for you? Except get you killed, distance you, and break your heart…” Jack instantly popped into her mind, but Pitch appeared in front of her and glanced over to Bunny “I mean, it’s obvious how much hate you have bottled up inside,”
Merida looked to Bunny before Pitch began to speak again “I’m offering you a chance Cupid, to come with me,” he extended a hand “to be more powerful than you could possibly imagine, to be like me” His dark smile made her grimace before she narrowed her eyes on him and yelled to his face “I’d rather die than be like you!” she turned away in a huff.
Pitch was disappointed for a moment but soon grew angry and retorted “Well I’ve got news for you princess,” Suddenly Merida was stopped in her tracks by a tugging on her foot. She paused to look down, only to find a black chain wrapped around her ankle. Her eyes fallowed the link all the way to Pitches hands. He tugged harshly and she was dragged back all the way to his feet. As she tried to resist more and more chains appeared from the shadows and wrapped themselves around her arms, legs, and neck, all leading back to Pitch, who was staring her darkly in the eye. He finished “you don’t have a choice.”
*
Jack had been falling for what seemed like forever before he finally hit the ground with a loud thud. He cursed at the jolt of pain that shot through his shoulder but was surprised that it didn’t hurt as much as it should. He stood up and dusted himself off as he used a bit of his power let light emanate from his staff. He squinted his eyes to get a better look around. It all looked very familiar.
He brought his staff closer to the wall and observed moss growing up its sides. Hieroglyphics carved into the wall revealed images of a large rabbit giving eggs to children and Jack now knew exactly where he was. The Warren.
Why would Pitch send him here? The whole situation made Jack feel sick, knowing that Merida was in the arms of that demon. He had to get out of here and find her.
He set off at a run down the long dark tunnel he was in. It was strange, he thought, the warren always seemed to be sunny, but now it was dark, and filled with shadows.
An angry shout erupted from the opposing end of the hall, followed by a long list of Scottish curses. Jack smiled as a wave of relief washed over him. This time, he would not let pitch get away. Within seconds of swift running Jack came to a large portion of the cave that was circled by a stream. The large burrow he was in was dark and cold and standing in the middle of it was Pitch, smiling demonically down to Merida, restrained by a dozen(if not more) black chains. But was it Merida?
This girl he saw was grey skinned, black winged, and had hair that was black as night, except for the odd strand of hair that was still fiery red. Pitch laughed at her struggles and cocked his head curiously after becoming aware of Jacks presence. “Well, if it isn’t Jack Frost! I was wondering when you’d show up,” At hearing Jacks name, the girl whipped her head up to look to him. Jack gasped, it may not look like Merida, but he knew only one person with those sky blue eyes.
“Merida” he breathed her name as she looked to him, defeated. He glared to Pitch “What did you do to her!?”
“Hah!” Pitch laughed “I gave her the truth. This is who she is and this is who she’ll always be, not even the moon can deny that,” he spat “I mean, it’s not like the moon did anything to stop this” Pitch left Jack to dangle on that thought. He continued “and I am terrible sorry but we were just leaving,” he pulled on the chains yanking Cupid closer so that she fell in front of his feet.
“Let me go!” she struggled against the reins as a dark whirl wind of shadows began to swirl around them. Merida struggled frantically before she called out “Jack! Jack!”
“Merida, I’m coming!” he yelled before he leapt high into the air. He was ready to give it all he had, let all the power from within him out.
The whirlwind grew fiercer and now almost fully encased Pitch and Merida “So long Frost!” were the words that left Pitches lips before Jack dived down toward the whirl. He could now only catch glimpses of the transformed Merida. She struggled to no end, she would never stop fighting. Jack loved that about her.
Almost there, he thought, almost, almost. A mere meter away from the whirl when Merida looked at him desperately and called out his name “Jack…”
Her voice was lost in the wind as it instantly disappeared. Ceasing to exist. Jack flew through nothingness and hit the ground “No… No!” he screamed. He was so close! So close…
Without knowing what to do next he collapsed on the floor, trying so hard not to let the tears fall, but they rolled down his cheeks nonetheless. He screamed. How could he be so useless! Letting the first person he- that he cared about slip through his fingers! Why was there nothing he could do but cry!?
He hated Pitch, but was beginning to hate himself even more. He was the worst thing that ever happened to her, and there was nothing he could do to help it. He told himself over and over again, that she was gone… gone… gone…




But that was a long time ago…
*
TO BE CONTINUED…
*
Alright, there you have it chapter 7 is complete. I’m sorry if I shocked you with how intense this one was, but it was a big turning point in the story. I hope you all liked it. I would also like to confirm that when bunny was, yes, about to come on to Merida, it was Pitch who had used Merida’s love arrows to force a great sense of lust onto bunny, but for this of course to work bunny would of already had to have feelings for her(Plot Twist!). I would regret to inform you all that the next update will not be until past New Year’s. I’m currently at a cross road for how the story should end and I’m open minded about all your opinions so please leave comments on which direction you think the story should go towards, also on what you think my writing style could improve on. If you find any plot whole just tell me/ask about them and I’ll be sure to fill them for you (All reviews help)
-Aberdeenqueen22
Sign up to rate and review this story