Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Free fall

Dreams

by panda_1418 4 reviews

Don't want to summarize - sorry this is kind of a short chapter

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-17 - Updated: 2006-08-18 - 651 words

0Unrated
[Julius]

When the second engine blew, Julius was there. He cried out in terror as Scarlett and Delilah lowered their heads to their laps, and Al jumped into his seat, struggling to put the seat-belt on. As the jet rushed closer and closer to the ground, Julius tried to make a grab for the controls, but his hands went straight through them. Seconds later, the plane collided with the ground at a diagonal angle.

Snow was shoved furiously out of the way as the rescue jet slid along the icy ground. As the plane hit a snow drift, Julius was thrown out of a hole in the body. He landed in the snow, expecting to feel pain, but did not. Of course, this was a dream ... or vision.

The plane continued on for a few more yards before slowing to a stop. Julius heaved himself out of the snow and raced towards the plane. What would he find - three massacred bodies? Two? One? Who survived? Did any? Was Delilah alive? Al? Scarlett? It was because of these thoughts that when Julius reached the hole in the cockpit he had been thrown out of (which was now much bigger), he hesitated.

Perhaps he should drift off to another dream, and leave the plane wreck unsearched. But then he would never know. He wouldn't know if they were coming for him, or lying dead, only a few miles away.

He had to know.

As he stepped through the hole, he was greeted with a grisly sight. Al, Scarlett and Delilah were all bleeding, yes, for they had just been in a plane crash. Scarlett's left arm was at an odd angle, probably broken; Al's glasses were smashed to bits, and his green robe torn and tattered; Delilah ...

Delilah ...

There was a nasty gouge on her temple, and her body was cut in numerous places. Al's and Scarlett's were, too, but Delilah's was much worse ... or was it because of how Julius felt about her that she appeared more injured? Julius reached out his hand to check her pulse, but he could not touch her. He groaned in agony. He leaned his head to her chest, attempting to listen to her heart.

He couldn't hear anything. No. No! Julius tried to calm himself. Maybe it was just because he was merely an image, not a solid figure.

But he had heard their voices. He had heard their screams. He had heard the bangs as the engines died, sending the plane crashing to the ground. He had heard the horrible crunch of metal on ice and the plane had slipped down the icy tundra.

Why couldn't he hear her heartbeat?

An answer came in an instant, but it was one Julius didn't want to believe. It's because she'd d -

No! He refused to believe that. He would try harder, stick his head in her chest even, just to prove she was alive! But as Julius took a step, he felt the pain that occurred when he began to wake. No, no, no! He had to know!

But it was too late. The wreck faded away into blackness as Julius came back to the cave. He blinked his eyes as the rocky room came in to focus. He'd have to make a run for it, to help Delilah, Al and Scarlett. He couldn't just leave them out in the harsh, Alaskan winds. Julius staggered to his feet and took a step forward. His leg gave way and he crashed to the ground.

The sound alerted Dr Dismay. He didn't even speak to Julius as he injected the pale blue liquid into his neck. Slowly, reality faded away. At least Julius would be with Delilah ... but when his dreams kicked in, he was re-living missions with his maybe-dead partner. Now that he needed to know, his mind would not allow him to go back to the crash.
Sign up to rate and review this story