Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dark Water

The Shark

by panda_1418 3 reviews

3 guesses what this is about ;-)

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 418 words

1Exciting
It took a while for Julius' brain to register what the big dark shape that had hit the station was. Then it hit him.

A shark! A big one, at that. What species, you ask? Well, considering D&J's luck, he wasn't that surprised to see it was a great white.

He sat down, trying to ignore the shark swimming back and forth, past the window, but it wasn't easy. Delilah was awake and totally freaked at the sight of the giant fish(?). On top of that, it would occasionally decide to try and break through a window.

Delilah was trembling pathetically. This wouldn't have scared the old Delilah; the old Delilah would have been a bit frightened, but would have laughed it off. She'd say something like, "Just our luck, eh Jules?"

How he longed for the old Delilah to come back. Then maybe he wouldn't feel so lonely in this big tin can.

WHUMP!!

The shark struck again, with much more force. Delilah screamed again, and cowered in Julius' hug. She was scared out of her wits by this stupid thing. As the shark came in for another attack, Julius stood up. He walked over to the window and ducked. Just before the shark hit, he popped up and bellowed at the top of his voice. This scared the great white, and it swam off. But for how long?

Julius walked back to Delilah, who was still shaking in
fear. She uttered a soft moan as he touched her shoulder. Her eyes became glazed over, and she crumpled to the damp floor.

Julius cursed. They needed to move up another level. The water showed no signs of slowing down. Al and Scarlett better get there quick -

BANG!!

The shark struck again. Delilah only flinched slightly. The impact threw Julius to the floor. Something stabbed him in the butt. He fished around in his pocket and retrieved the radio.

The radio!

Scarlett's words came back to him. "Not just any radio. It emits ultrasonic sound waves that fish respond to be getting away ...

Julius pressed the power button on the radio. A high-pitched squeal came out of it. Julius dropped it and covered his ears. The shark swam away, terrified. Julius walked slowly to the radio and swiftly turned it off. He looked at the window and gasped.

The sound waves had cracked the glass.

---------------------------------------------------------

[Over TRS oil rig]

Al pointed out the window excitedly. "There it is! There's the oil rig! We're coming, Delilah and Julius!"
Sign up to rate and review this story