Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dark Water

The End?

by panda_1418 4 reviews

Is it really over for D&J?

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-24 - 478 words

2Exciting
Julius clasped his hands together as if he were praying, and backed away from the window slowly. "Please don't break, please don't break,"

The window made a small cracking sound, and a drop of water seeped through. Julius pointed a finger at it warningly.

"If you break, I'll ... I don't know, but I'll think of something."

It cracked again, challenging him. He frowned at the crack, but kept silent. Last thing he needed to be doing was arguing with a window.

"Julius?"

He turned around to see Delilah trying to stand, holding her head. He rushed over to her side and caught her as she staggered. He wanted to believe she was back, but ...

"What happened?"

She sounded normal enough, but Julius didn't want his hopes raised. Delilah shook her head again. Julius looked at her eyes; they didn't look delirious anymore. Great, so she was back just in time for them to drown!

"Hello? Are you planning on answering me this century?"

Oh yeah, she was back.

Julius still didn't talk, robbed of the capability to speak. She was back! He pulled her into a hug, not a trying-to-calm-down-a-crazy-person, but a real hug.

Delilah looked confused. "Uh, thanks. Why are my shoes wet?"

"Oh, shoot!" Julius looked at the cracked window. A steady stream of water was pouring through. It wasn't big, but it made a considerable difference in water level. "We've only got one floor left."

As the reunited pair walked up the last set of stairs, Julius filled her in on all that she had missed. The shark attack, the ultrasonic sound waves ...

"Couldn't we go out that way?" Delilah asked, pointing out an emergency escape route.

Julius shook his head. "No, we wouldn't be able to hold our breath that long and our scuba suits are on the bottom floor."

"So we'll go get them," Delilah answered.

He laughed. "Fat chance. You couldn't get there and back unless you were a fish."

Suddenly, a loud cracking sound started coming from below. Julius swore, but it was drowned out by the sound of glass shattering. The Atlantic Ocean poured in through the tiny hole.

They were going to drown.

Delilah and Julius looked into each other's eyes. Delilah spoke. "If we don't make it out of here,"

And then she kissed him.

When she pulled away, the water was up to their shoulders. Julius grabbed Delilah's hand beneath the water. The last thing they said in unison before they went under was

"I love you."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello! Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to update until I get back from Hornby Island. There are two reasons for this:

1) I have writer's block
2) I like to be evil. Mwa ha ha ha ha!!

I'll sleep on it and see if I can figure out how to end the story. Bubi for tonight, ppls.

-panda_1418
Sign up to rate and review this story