Categories > Movies > Underworld > Reincarnate

Her Name Is Sonja?

by Mada 1 review

Rated PG13 for language. This is a story about if Lucian had been looking for a female Corvin instead of Michael.

Category: Underworld - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kraven, Lucian, Marcus, Michael, Selene, Sonja, Viktor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-06-18 - Updated: 2005-06-19 - 1297 words

-1MarySue
As the guards led Marie into the mansion, she got a little scared. They didn't say a word and were dressed in long black coats, but that wasn't the scary part. They were all holding guns and walking these huge dogs. "Maybe this was a bad idea," she thought to herself.

They led her through two large wooden doors that were elaborately carved, which then led to another pair of doors. These were more like stained glass. Inside were dozens of people sitting on turn of the century couches and chairs. They all were deathly pale, and were dressed in a very gothic style. All of them were drinking a very dark, red liquid from wine glasses.

When Marie came in they all looked up and stared at her. Some narrowing their eyes as if in anger, others looked simply surprised. There was a large, winding staircase to the left of Marie, which the guards led her up. The house was so dark that she couldn't believe people could live in it.

They eventually came to an office type room. Inside were some more men dressed in gothic suits, with stern faces. There were also two women, one with blonde, curly hair, and blue eyes. The other with short, black hair, and blue eyes. One man sat at a desk in the middle of the room. He sat and looked up at Marie standing in front of him.

"So, you said that you were bitten?" he asked skeptically.

"Yeah," Marie said frustrated. "Some freak showed up at my door looking for me, and chased me halfway through the city, then bit me. Who bites people? I mean really, who?"

The guy looked at one of the guards standing beside her. The guard moved her head to the side and pulled back her jacket and shirt so as to see her neck. He saw the bite and recoiled a bit. He looked back at the man sitting at the desk, and nodded with a disgusted look. The man grimaced.

"Look," Marie said. "I want to know what the fuck is going on! Why did some freaky, son of a bitch bite me?"

The guy stood up and said, "I'm sorry but we can't help you. The guards will escort you back to the front gate."

With that he left the room. Marie stood gaping at him for a moment then burst out, "You son of a bitch! How can you not help me? I've been attacked by a strange man and you're just going to send me home alone? Fuck you, asshole!"

He ignored her and left.

Marie was forced out of the mansion and stood outside the gate banging on the iron. When she finally stopped she thought about places she could go. There was Mike's, but the guys that had showed up at her place could've followed him home. Suddenly a thought struck her. Her cousin lived nearby. "What the hell," she thought.

So she ran in the direction of his apartment. He might not be home but he had told her to make herself at home if he wasn't there.

************************

Selene followed Kraven down the halls of the mansion. "How could you let her go like that? She's been bitten, she deserves our help."

Kraven turned on her, "She was bitten by a lycan! Why should I help one of them?"

"She probably wouldn't have lasted the night. She doesn't know what's going on, she has no idea about our war. The least we could have done was try to make her death less painful," Selene said.

"It doesn't matter if she knows or doesn't know," Kraven spit out. "All lycans are the same no matter what. Now leave it alone. Amelia's envoy will be arriving soon. Get ready."

He turned and walked away, leaving Selene to stand thinking. She wasn't about to let this go. She went to her room and sat down at her desk. She turned on the laptop and got online. She tapped into the mansions many security cameras. She found a good picture of the girl and saved it on the hard drive.

The vampire covenant were able to go onto any country's government database and find anyone they wanted. So this is what Selene did. She put a picture of the girl up on the sight and commanded it to search for a match.

Almost right away a match came up. There was a University picture of the girl, and her information.

Name: Sonja Marie Corvin

Sex: Female

Age: 20

Birthplace: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

Father: Josef Corvin

Mother: Yelena Fedrov

Other Family: Michael Corvin (cousin)

Occupation: Student at Hungarian Universtiy

Other: Is student at Hungarian University, majoring in art and history, minoring in Russian and Hungarian. Just received a grant from the Hungarian Art Institute. Has already received job offers, which include being a translator for the US, Hungarian, or Russian government. Her cousin Michael is a doctor in Hungary.

Selene read it all, "She obviously won't be going home. Why don't I pay a visit to her cousin Michael?"

************************

Lucian had not been happy that the girl had gotten away, but a vial of her blood wasn't to disappointing. He went into the homemade lab set up by Singe, who was waiting for him and stood smiling when Lucian came in. "My, my, I guess she has fighting experience?"

Lucian smiled and pulled out the vial. "Test it," he said.

Singe took the vial, "Did you remember seeing any tattoos on the girls arms? I forgot to look."

"No," Lucian said watching him prepare the blood. "When I got the blood her arms were covered."

Singe went back into his testing area and dropped the blood into a slivery- blue liquid. After stirring it awhile, the blood still hadn't mixed with the liquid. "Positive," he said smiling. "Good," Lucian said.

Lucian then heard the flaps at the entrance of the lab move and turned to see Pierce and Taylor standing there.

"What is it?" Lucian asked them.

Pierce handed him an address book. "This was in her apartment. Only a few people, but one stands out more than the rest," he told Lucian.

"And why is that?" Lucian said slightly puzzled.

"Her name is Sonja Marie Corvin, but she has a cousin, Michael Corvin."

Lucian stood for a moment staring at them, his face set, You mean that she might not have been the one after all?"

"Not true," Singe piped up from behind them.

Lucian turned to him, "What are you talking about?"

Singe smirked, "We are doing this because of the Corvin prophecy. The prophecy splits itself in case the chain of males should be broken. If it is a male we are looking for then he will be a reincarnate of Alexander Corvinus, and will be a warrior for one of the species. If it is a female, then she will choose one of the leaders from the two species, vampires and lycans, to be her mate. She will be the mother of a new species. In a way she herself will be a reincarnate of Alexander Corvinus."

"Well how are we supposed to know which one we want?" Lucian yelled.

"The tattoos," Singe said smiling. "Alexander Corvinus had a set of tattoos on both his biceps. He had his three sons get the same tattoos. Whoever has the tattoos is the one we want."

"Well," Lucain said. "She obviously won't be going home. What about this cousin, she might go to him. We'll need a team to go and get them both."

"I'll go," a voice from behind the flaps said. They opened to reveal Raze.

"Fine," Lucian said turning to leave.

"Her name is Sonja?" he said to himself, quietly as he left.
Sign up to rate and review this story