Categories > Movies > Underworld > Reincarnate

It's Like Mating Season

by Mada 1 review

Rated PG13 for language. This is a story about if Lucian had been looking for a female Corvin instead of Michael.

Category: Underworld - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kraven, Lucian, Marcus, Michael, Selene, Sonja, Viktor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-06-18 - Updated: 2005-06-19 - 1063 words

-1Cliche
Marie followed Sarah down the dark halls of the underground until they came to a small room with a small bed in it.

"You need to rest a little while," Sarah told her.

"Yeah, alright," Marie said, sitting down on the bed.

Sarah left the room and Marie sighed a little. She bent over to take off her shoes and let her hair out of the bun she had it in. She laid her head on the pillow and sighed again in relief.

"Well, at least I might get some sleep," she thought.

Marie closed her eyes and soon fell asleep.

************************

She sat at her vanity, brushing out her hair. It had been braided earlier but now she let it cascade down. She knew how much he loved to see her raven hair flow down.

As she sat there, he came, just like so many nights before. She stood and turned to him, smiling.

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I missed you," she said to him. "Your guard duty lasts too long."

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, my love," he replied in his soothing voice.

With that he kissed her softly and she felt all his warmth. She had never seen the sun or felt its warm rays, but he always made up for all of that.

"I love you, Sonja," he said to her.

She hugged him close and whispered into his ear, "I love you, Lucian."

************************

Marie woke up with a jolt, panting.

"Shit," she said. "They're back."

************************

Lucian was talking with Singe and Raze when Marie cautiously walked in.

He looked up at her, "I was told you were resting."

Marie looked at him, her eyes slightly wide, "Oh yeah, um, I couldn't sleep. Nightmares."

"Really?" Singe perked up.

"Yeah."

"It could be visions from her past life," Singe whispered to Lucian.

"Come over here and tell me about them," he then said to Marie.

Marie thought about it for a moment and decided, what the hell, why not? She sat on the same lab table she had sat on before.

"Well," she started. "Ever since I can remember, I've had these dreams. Well, sometimes dreams, sometimes nightmares. The dreams are about some guy and me. The nightmares are about the same guy, watching me as I'm burned alive. How's that?"

"What man? Do you know his name, or what he looks like?" Singe asked her.

"I don't know," Marie said. "I always forget that stuff when I wake up."

"Do you have other dreams?" Singe asked. "As if you're watching through the eyes of another?"

"No," she said looking at her lap.

Marie thought for a moment, she felt a tiny bit bad about lying to them about her dreams, but it was their fault her life was messed up.

"Can I go now?" she asked them.

Lucian nodded.

************************

Sonja looked down a Lucian, chained to the floor. She saw so much sadness and regret.

"Do he regret being with me?" she thought.

Sonja regretted nothing. She had found ultimate happiness and fulfillment with Lucian.

She knew her father was standing behind her. She had the urge to spit at him and call him a coward. She heard the doors slam and heard a wheel turning. She then felt something warm and bright on her skin.

She looked up to see the sun and quickly back to Lucian. Horror ran across his face, and Sonja watched as he struggled to break free from his chains.

She felt her skin start to burn and seconds later, extreme pain. She began to scream and heard one last thing, Lucian yelling her name.

************************

"Ahh!" Marie woke up screaming. She tried to put out the nonexistent fire from the dream and realized she was awake.

"Holy shit," she said, sighing in relief.

"Bad dream?" A female voice asked.

Marie turned her head toward it and saw Sarah standing in her bedroom doorway with a slightly frightened look on her face.

"You have no idea,' Marie said.

She moved so that she was now in a sitting position on the bed. Sarah sat down on the end of the bed still a little worried. After a few moments, Marie decided to break the ice.

"So," Marie said. "What's it like, being a female lycan?"

"Well," Sarah started, then paused. "It's interesting. The males do all the fighting because they don't want females to be killed. We are, after all, the ones who provide new life for the horde."

Marie nodded at this.

Sarah continued, "The things we do are give birth, take care of the young, and entertain the males. One of the best parts about being a female is when spring comes, it's like mating season for us. All the males will do anything for a female, just to get her attention."

"Wow," Marie said.

"You could get them to juggle, or sing, or even say something embarrassing about themselves."

"That would be so awesome," Marie said. "So, how old do you get?"

Sarah thought for a moment, "The oldest of our kind is Lucian, who is well over six-hundred years old."

"So he obviously has a mate and children?"

"No," Sarah said. "He has no children, but he did have a mate. It's a very sad past Lucian has. When we lycans were the slaves of the vampires, Lucian was alive. He was born in servitude. He didn't mind it though, but everything went bad when the vampires found out who he had taken for his bride."

Marie nodded, silently telling Sarah to continue.

"Sonja, the daughter of the vampire lord, Viktor; the two had fallen in love and had secretly had a relationship. Unfortunately, Viktor found out. To make things worse, Sonja was pregnant. The child would have been a half-breed, or hybrid, half-vampire, half-lycan. This went against the vampire's covenant, and Sonja was sentenced to death.

Through all this, Marie's eyes had considerably widened.

"She was burned at the stake, no fire, just sunlight. Lucian was forced to watch her and their unborn child die."

"Christ on a crutch!" Marie said.

"Sonja's death and Lucian's love and anger started a whole war between lycan's and vampires. It's lasted six-hundred years," Sarah finished.

Marie leaned back on the bed a little thinking.

"So I share his dead mate's name," she thought to herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story