Categories > Movies > Underworld > Reincarnate

Creatures Of The Night

by Mada 0 reviews

Rated PG13 for language. This is a story about if Lucian had been looking for a female Corvin instead of Michael.

Category: Underworld - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kraven, Lucian, Marcus, Michael, Selene, Sonja, Viktor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-06-18 - Updated: 2005-06-19 - 1364 words

0Unrated
"God," Marie said. "How in the hell are we going to explain all of this to our families? Do we just meet them at their doors and say, 'Hey mom and dad! Guess what, Michael and I are now creatures of the night.'"

"Creatures of the night are vampires," Michael said.

"Oh, who gives a rats ass now Michael!" she shouted. "No matter how we say it, we're screwed!"

Suddenly, Marie heard the sound of guns being fired.

"Shit," she said. "What the fuck is going on?"

Michael struggled in his restraints, "Help me!"

Marie spun around and grabbed his wrist chains, "God, damn it! What the hell are these things made of?"

She pulled and pulled, and tried to hack it off with whatever she could. Suddenly there was a very loud and very close gunshot.

"Holy shit!" Mare yelped as she jumped in surprise.

"I have to go, I-I-I'm sorry," Marie said, and like a flash she took off.

"Marie!" Michael yelled after her. "Marie!"

*************************

Michael pulled his arms upward in an attempt to break free of his chains. It was no use. Lucian had disappeared a long time ago and Marie had run off because she was scared.

"My God," he thought. "How can my cousin, who's kicked ass protecting me almost my whole life, be so fucking afraid of guns?"

The rat-a-tat sounds of guns firing had been nonstop and he was getting annoyed with it by now. As Michael looked down at his chains again, he heard a low growl from in front of him. He looked up to see the beginnings of a very large shadow.

"Fuck!" he thought to himself.

He watched as the shadow came into full view and the lycan noticed him. Then, just as fast as Marie had run away. The lycan was shot down and Michael saw Selene.

************************

Marie was crouched down in a dark corner. She had her arms wrapped around her legs, and her chin was resting on her knees. God, how she hated guns. They scared the shit out of her.

"God," she thought. "Why can't this day just end?"

She suddenly heard footsteps and hid her head. Whoever it was passed by without noticing Marie.

"Man, I am such a fucking wimp."

Marie looked around and finally stood up, "I guess I should save face, and find Michael."

She went down the halls and looked around corners making sure that she didn't see anyone, and that no one saw her. As she kept walking she could hear someone talking. As she got closer to the voice and strained to hear it, she realized it was Kraven.

"Do you want to hear something about your beloved dark father?" she heard him say, faintly.

She listened as Kraven told someone about how Viktor killed their family, and killed his daughter, Sonja. Marie got closer to a doorway and could see Kraven stooping over someone talking to them. She realized it was the vampire, Selene. Next to Selene, in between her and Kraven, lay Michael. Marie could see him moving and gasping as if in convulsions.

"Christ," Marie thought. "What the hell is wrong now?!"

Marie then heard Kraven say, "So be it." Then he raised his gun and pointed it at Selene's head.

Marie squeezed her eye shut, "God, don't let me piss in my pants!"

But, instead of hearing gunshot, she heard Kraven cry out in pain. Marie looked and saw Kraven grasping his leg, which had some kind of dagger going through it. It was Lucian. He had stabbed Kraven and was thrown back as Kraven backhanded him. As he landed on some ruble, Marie saw that on his chest was blood and a weird silvery substance.

"Bite him," she heard Lucian say to Selene.

At first Marie had no idea what Lucian meant, but then it dawned on her.

"What the fu-,"

Selene leaned down toward Michael's form, hesitated and finally bit down on his flesh. Marie barely heard Kraven spit out his hatred to Selene.

"You may have killed me, cousin," Lucian said to Kraven as he turned to look at the lycan. "But my will is done, regardless."

Marie was about to move when Kraven raised his gun and shot him. Marie screamed and fell to her knees in a cowering position. She did not see Kraven sneak out, nor hear when Viktor swooped into the room.

Viktor strode over to Selene and violently pulled her off of Michael, throwing her backward. He then picked up Michael by the throat and stared at him. It was almost as if Viktor was sniffing him. Michael had barely opened his eyes when Viktor grimaced, and with a humongous force, threw him through the wall and down into a pool of water.

Marie was still crouched in the doorway and now watched as Selene sat up and watched Viktor.

"Where is he?" Viktor demanded from Selene. "Where's Kraven?"

After a few minutes of silence, Viktor kneeled down in front of Selene and whispered, "Oh, forgive me, my child."

"It wasn't the lycans, it was you," Selene said.

Viktor stood, suddenly rigid.

"Leave us," he said to his vampire guards.

Selene stared up at him in disbelief, "How could you bear my trust, knowing that you'd killed my family?"

Viktor seemed to notice Lucian for the first time and went over to him. He bent down and picked up the chain around Lucian's neck. Viktor wrenched the chain and clutched it in his hand.

Marie looked at Lucian for the first time in awhile, and it hit her suddenly that he truly was dead. Now that Marie really looked at him, she thought she might've considered him attractive, if only he hadn't bitten her.

"Although," she thought, smiling. "For some, that might be a turn on."

Turning to Selene Viktor said, "I loved my daughter. But the abomination growing in her womb was a betrayal of me and of the covenant. I did what was necessary to protect the species. As I am forced to do, yet again!"

Viktor suddenly withdrew a long sword and headed for the hole in the wall.

"No," Selene pleaded.

Viktor stood still, searching for a moment. Marie looked up and saw something blue standing behind Viktor, waiting. As Viktor turned around the thing growled. Suddenly, it pushed Viktor through the hole and down into the water below.

Marie went over to Selene, who was still on the ground.

"Are you okay? You're bleeding," Marie said, helping Selene to stand.

"I'm fine," Selene said, obviously preoccupied.

"Um, what was that blue thing?" Marie asked.

"That, was Michael," Selene said, slowly.

"What?" Marie practically shrieked. "You mean my cousin is now completely blue and fighting Viktor?"

"Yes."

"W-well,' Marie stuttered. "Do something!"

Marie ran over to the hole in the wall and watched, amazed, until the three guards that had been with Viktor came out of a door, with guns.

"Holy crap!" she thought.

Before she knew it, Marie saw Michael take three bullets to the chest without falling.

"What the fuck is he?"

Marie didn't notice Selene leave, or come out the same way the guards had. As Marie watched Michael fall down and get back up, Selene was taking out the guards. However, Marie did see Selene get punched out by Viktor as she was running to Michael.

Michael suddenly growled loudly at Viktor and the two started running toward one another. They collided with great force, and Viktor pushed Michael down into the water. Marie saw Viktor put Michael into what looked like a chokehold to her. Michael was trying to grab onto Viktor, but couldn't.

Marie's sensitive ears could hear Viktor hissing and then say, "Time to die."

"Shit, what do I do? I can't let Michael die!" Marie thought.

Then in a flash, she saw Selene, with Viktor's sword, run at him. Viktor turned at the sound of her running and flinched as they seemed to come into contact.

Selene landed with a splash, while Viktor was stock still, starring at her. He quickly drew two blades, but after a second or two, one side of his head fell, sliced off.
Sign up to rate and review this story