Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

Chapter 12

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

chapter 12

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-06-27 - 451 words

0Unrated
Vic's POV

Kellin's been gone for a while, I hope he's okay. He seemed extremely distant, and he was back to how he was when we first met. I thought we were making progress, but I guess not. I just got my hopes up. I thought that him opening up could potentially get him to like me, but that was probably too much to ask for.

Not even five minutes later Kellin walks through the door.

"Hey, how was your walk?"

"I-it was good."

"You sure?" He didn't exactly sound convincing.

"Yeah, of course," he shrugged. This is when I noticed his messed up hair and slightly wrinkled clothes. What the hell was he doing?

"You okay, you look a little shaken."

"I'm fine," he said more forcefully.

I decided to just drop it, but I still couldn't help but wonder what actually happened.

Jaime's POV

I was at my place waiting for Jose to arrive. He had called me because he had a little run in with Kellin. I can only imagine what went down.

Finally, there was a knock at the door. I opened the door and let the idiot in.

"Hey," he said as he walked in.

"Hi, want a beer?"

"Sure." He sat on the couch as I went to get our beers.

I walk back into the living room and give him his beer.

"So, what happened?" I asked

He took a sip of his beer and then said, "nothing really, I just found him walking."

"You think he was trying to get away?" I swear, even after I warned him.

"He said he wasn't, but why should we believe him."

"What did he do when he saw it was you?"

"Nothing, the fucking wimp just surrendered." He chuckled and I did too.

"That's it?"

"Yup."

"We've got him right where we want him."

"What's the plan anyway?"

I rolled my eyes, "are you kidding me?" I sighed, "we keep him here until everyone else moves in. He has no idea that we are the only ones here. We have to keep it that way."

"That's it?"

"For us, they didn't want us getting involved in everything else."

"Why not?"

"'Cause I'm new and you fucked up your last deal."

"I did not."

"You almost got busted and got us all caught."

He rolled his eyes.

"You know it's true."

"Alright, fine, but how was I supposed to know that her neighbor was an undercover cop!"

"Well, maybe you should learn to be more careful with your deals. You're just lucky they didn't kill you."

"Okay, okay. You're right if I were anyone else I'd be dead, but I learned my goddamn lesson."

"I hope so."
Sign up to rate and review this story